Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 04-12-2007, 01:10 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A little off topic but still involves an old retired QB, I love Rich Gannon.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:25 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
We might have to bring him out of retirement.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:26 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Drew Bledsoe isn't a QB coach within the next 4 years there is seriously something wrong. They guy has tutored QBs like Tom Brady, J.P Losman, and Tony Romo making them all at least solid starters
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:30 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I think Super Kevin should make a painting of Mr. Bledsoe.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:31 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
I think Super Kevin should make a painting of Mr. Bledsoe.
I would if I could think of enough funny things I could include in it
Old 04-12-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Boy do I ever miss the Cannon. Him paired with one of my favorite players ever in Tim Brown was simply magical. I was so disheartened when he f'ed up in the Super Bowl. He won me several fantasy seasons and was always great to watch. Another guy I miss, Mr. Steve Beuerlein.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:50 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Boy do I ever miss the Cannon. Him paired with one of my favorite players ever in Tim Brown was simply magical. I was so disheartened when he f'ed up in the Super Bowl. He won me several fantasy seasons and was always great to watch. Another guy I miss, Mr. Steve Beuerlein.
He's lost 26 lbs on the Nutrisystem diet you know
Old 04-12-2007, 01:51 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I was somewhat of a Raider fan then. A couple years before they went to the superbowl I started following them a bit. Tim Brown, Rich Gannon, and Jerry Rice on the same team. Then they lose the superbowl, sign Warren Sapp loose Rice, Gannon, and Brown, trade for Moss . That dropped me from liking them at all.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
He's lost 26 lbs on the Nutrisystem diet you know
I was very happy to see him once again, even if it meant looking at Shula's and Marino's guts.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:28 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
I was somewhat of a Raider fan then. A couple years before they went to the superbowl I started following them a bit. Tim Brown, Rich Gannon, and Jerry Rice on the same team. Then they lose the superbowl, sign Warren Sapp loose Rice, Gannon, and Brown, trade for Moss . That dropped me from liking them at all.
I was really a big fan of Gruden as well as Gannon and Brown back then. My interest had started to fade after they lost him, but Gannon having such a great year that season certainly kept me interested. I like the Raiders still but their coach lineage has really been driving me away and their ineptness just saddens me sometimes. I'm a fan of their secondary but my interest just isn't the same in the team. Call it fairweatherness if you will, it just might be. I don't care, the team is 3000 miles away from me. Either way I miss Gannon.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:35 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
I was really a big fan of Gruden as well as Gannon and Brown back then. My interest had started to fade after they lost him, but Gannon having such a great year that season certainly kept me interested. I like the Raiders still but their coach lineage has really been driving me away and their ineptness just saddens me sometimes. I'm a fan of their secondary but my interest just isn't the same in the team. Call it fairweatherness if you will, it just might be. I don't care, the team is 3000 miles away from me. Either way I miss Gannon.
Not only did I like Gannon as a player, but a broadcaster aswell. He did one of our preaseason games and i thought he did very well. Better than some of those crap guys on Fox. I'd like to see him call more games.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:39 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Not only did I like Gannon as a player, but a broadcaster aswell. He did one of our preaseason games and i thought he did very well. Better than some of those crap guys on Fox. I'd like to see him call more games.
Exactly, I forgot to mention that. I was a big fan of Gannon the broadcaster.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:42 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bledsoe really gave us some great football to watch, and for that I will always respect him. Has been a very good quarterback in the league for a long time.

That said, there is no way he makes the hall. He has nowhere near the required profile to be a serious threat.
Old 04-12-2007, 06:33 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
A question worth pondering...is he a HOF qb?
I think he has a chance. He was one of the fastest to get to 40,000 yards, he has nine 3000 yard passing seasons which is tied with Warren Moon for 4th all time, he's 7th all time in yards passed, 13th in TD's and 5th in completions. He brought the Pats to their second Super Bowl, and subbed for an injured Tom Brady and actually won the AFC title game to get them to the Super Bowl against the Rams. So even though he may not have played in that game, he certainly did his part to earn his ring.

Quote:
Accomplishments

He currently ranks fifth all-time in career attempts and completions, and is seventh all-time in career passing yardage. He is tied with John Hadl and Peyton Manning for 13th all-time in career touchdown passes. Among active quarterbacks, he stands second behind only Brett Favre in career completions, attempts and passing yards. He and Manning are tied for second behind Favre in career touchdowns. In 2000, he became just the fourth quarterback in league history to have seven consecutive 3,000-yard passing seasons. In 2005, he recorded his ninth career 3,000-yard passing season, tying him with Warren Moon for fourth in NFL history. In 2005 he also became just the 10th player in NFL history to reach the 40,000 passing yard plateau, reaching the mark in his 172nd career game, the fifth fastest player to reach that milestone. Bledsoe holds the NFL record for pass attempts in a season with 691 in 1994 and also has the third best mark with 636 in 1995, those marks coming during a three-year span (1994-96) that he led the league in pass attempts. He also holds the league record for pass attempts (70) and completions (45) in a game, setting the mark against Minnesota on Nov. 13, 1994. In that game, he also threw no interceptions, setting a league mark for pass attempts in a game without an interception. His 400 completions in 1994 are the third best total in league history, and he is also tied for fourth in NFL history with six 400-yard passing games. In 1993-94 he had a string of four-straight 300-yard passing games, the sixth longest streak in league history. In his career, Bledsoe has four overtime touchdown passes, the most in NFL history.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drew_Bledsoe
Old 04-12-2007, 06:37 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That said, there is no way he makes the hall. He has nowhere near the required profile to be a serious threat.
Oh, he certainly does have the profile as I just posted. I just think these last few years have jaded people on just how good he was. I agree that I wouldn't be shocked to see him not get in, but he is going to be borderline either way.

He also played with some pretty bad teams...
Old 04-12-2007, 06:42 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good choice, tank empty, good career

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:06 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was a good QB, lets remember him for that, not his crappy years.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:27 AM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

and we bid adieu to the man who went through his reads about as fast as a woman trying to decide what to wear...

seriously, did he have an endorsement with Rolex because he certainly took his sweet ass time in the pocket...

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Pretty good career. Hey, he even got a ring! Thanks, Tom.
Thank the defense, Brady didnt get him the ring. They did. Brady had 1 TD in the whole post season that year and more INTs.
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finsfan79 View Post
Thank the defense, Brady didnt get him the ring. They did. Brady had 1 TD in the whole post season that year and more INTs.
And still won Super Bowl MVP!!

And actually, your math skills are horrible. He had two TD's that post season, one rushing, one passing, and only one INT. So where is the "yet more INT's" and "only 1 TD in the whole post season?"

Considering he only played two games and a half games (and was 12-18 with 115 yards in the Pitt game), and one of them was in torrential snowfall, and the offense as a whole only scored three TD's, the special teams two and the defense one... I'd say Brady more than did his part.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
portermvp84
Pro Bowler

portermvp84 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I was glad the Raiders didn't sign him. We don't need another pockett passer in the black hole. He had a good soild career, it was just his time to hang it up.

Thanks to jackalope
portermvp84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
RoyHall#1
Pro Bowler

RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RoyHall#1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
He was a good QB, lets remember him for that, not his crappy years.
He actually didn't play that bad last year. I believe he was 3-3. Yes, he had quite a few ints but not all were his fault. I blame T.O.
RoyHall#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
mfkrush
Rookie

mfkrush hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Patriots fans should be greatful for him getting JACKED UP! Otherwise Tom Brady would have as many rings as Drew Henson has right now. ZERO!
mfkrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

I agree with the first point, but not the second. There was talk before he got hit that Brady might be replacing him before the end of the season.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:34 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

He didn't really F up in the Superbowl, it's impossible to be a quarterback when the defense knows every play before it's run. I don't blame Gannon.

I guess conceivably you could blame Al for trading away the coach of a team ready to win a SB. Or TB for jacking him. Mostly though, it's just karma.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote