Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 04-28-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Dwight Jones is still on the board....

Also, I would be ecstatic if we could get Tramain Thomas either with our last 7th or as a UFA.

sig by BoneKrusher
jimmylishis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So with the 7th round compensatory picks coming up, that means we're done. Overall, I have to say that I'm very happy with the draft, and on top of what we got in this draft, we also go into next year with an extra 4th and 6th. I'll post up a full write-up of my thoughts in the next day or two, but if you want info on any of the Vikings picks, I would suggest going here: Link

Tom Pelissero and Judd Zulgad put together very good pieces on each pick, including their H-W-S numbers, interview quotes, and youtube videos among much more.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:02 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
So with the 7th round compensatory picks coming up, that means we're done. Overall, I have to say that I'm very happy with the draft, and on top of what we got in this draft, we also go into next year with an extra 4th and 6th. I'll post up a full write-up of my thoughts in the next day or two, but if you want info on any of the Vikings picks, I would suggest going here: Link

Tom Pelissero and Judd Zulgad put together very good pieces on each pick, including their H-W-S numbers, interview quotes, and youtube videos among much more.
Look forward to the write up marshallb. Hope you got my texts today....

I'm happy with the draft as well. I would've love Marvin Jones or Chase Minnifield but oh well.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

jimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjimmylishis is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm pretty happy with our draft as well. Not all that flashy, but

There will also be some great opportunities for UFAs this year as some very talented guys dropped. As I said before, I really hope we go after Tramain Thomas, the dude can ball. He was a captain and was extremely productive in the SEC for 3 years. Great athlete, ballhawk, unreal ball skills (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1HFh-Byypk), good instincts- hes got a lot of potential. I think he could come in and help out our defense a great deal right away and earn a starting spot within a couple years. That is if we sign him.. I am optimistic though as we drafted Wright and Childs which means they were probably watching quite a bit of Arkansas tape/games and he always jumps out to me when I watch their games.

Others that the Vikes should go after

Dwight Jones- I don't know how this guy went undrafted, it wasn't that long ago that people had him in the late 1st-early 2nd. I see him as Greg Childs only safer. Speilman drafted Childs because we missed out on the top receivers hoping he can overcome his injury and speed concerns and become our #1 guy. Jones is pretty much the same thing minus the injury. The way I see it, we are twice as likely to come away from this draft with our #1 WR if we have both instead of just Childs. Definitely worth a RFA signing.

Jeff Fuller- Another big red zone threat. I don't think he has the upside of Childs or Jones, but I think he can be a solid possession receiver and a reliable target to help bail Ponder out.

Chris Owusu- He's a burner speed guy with a little more size than the ones we already have. He returned kicks and could possibly lighten the load for Percy. He absolutely tore it up at the combine running a 4.36, 40+ vertical, 10'9 broad jump. Great athlete that had concussion issues from some pretty nasty hits. Could be worth the risk.

Chase Minnefield- I don't know how he dropped either. Most had him going 2nd day. Talented guy at a position of need. Simple as that.

Cliff Harris- I know most people won't like the idea of this, but I think in the right situation and the right coaching, he could be a good player. One of the analysts was brought up keeping Janoris Jenkins on a short leash when he was drafted to counter the character concerns. Keep him focused on football, if he messes up cut him. This could apply this to Harris as well to help maximize his potential without the off the field issues. Our scouts seem to value ball skills, and he's certainly got them. Could pay off big time.

Vontaze Burfict- You guys probably won't like this one either, but I honestly don't mind him. If a change of scenery helps him revert to his old form, this would be a major steal. He's got the nastiness that our defense is lacking. Apparently he has been working hard since the combine, so hopefully thats a sign he's dedicated to making a roster. I hope this was a humbling experience for him, because that could be enough to turn him around. He could be productive as a special teams player if nothing else. Would be a perfect wedge buster for us. We would also have to keep him on a short leash.

James Brown- Yet another highly rated player falling. Could be groomed to replace Charlie Johnson.

Luke Nix- A guy who would fit well at LG and could also replace Johnson

Loni Fangupo- A huge DT that would need some time to develop. We didn't grab the nose tackle that I think we were all hoping for, so hopefully they will address it here. Could eventually provide depth and rotate in at the 1 tech. Might get snagged by a 3-4 team.

This RFA crop has a ton of talent at positions of need. This could be huge for us because there are a lot of guys with starting potential in this crop. Also, our special teams needs a shot in the arm, we could see a lot of new guys making the roster this year for that purpose.

sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by jimmylishis : 04-28-2012 at 07:39 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 04-28-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we gotta get Minnefield in here! I have no idea how he went undrafted, hes a perfect cover 2 guy. Work isn't done for Spielman and the boys!
Old 04-28-2012, 09:13 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmylishis View Post
I'm pretty happy with our draft as well. Not all that flashy, but

There will also be some great opportunities for UFAs this year as some very talented guys dropped. As I said before, I really hope we go after Tramain Thomas, the dude can ball. He was a captain and was extremely productive in the SEC for 3 years. Great athlete, ballhawk, unreal ball skills (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1HFh-Byypk), good instincts- hes got a lot of potential. I think he could come in and help out our defense a great deal right away and earn a starting spot within a couple years. That is if we sign him.. I am optimistic though as we drafted Wright and Childs which means they were probably watching quite a bit of Arkansas tape/games and he always jumps out to me when I watch their games.

Others that the Vikes should go after

Dwight Jones- I don't know how this guy went undrafted, it wasn't that long ago that people had him in the late 1st-early 2nd. I see him as Greg Childs only safer. Speilman drafted Childs because we missed out on the top receivers hoping he can overcome his injury and speed concerns and become our #1 guy. Jones is pretty much the same thing minus the injury. The way I see it, we are twice as likely to come away from this draft with our #1 WR if we have both instead of just Childs. Definitely worth a RFA signing.

Jeff Fuller- Another big red zone threat. I don't think he has the upside of Childs or Jones, but I think he can be a solid possession receiver and a reliable target to help bail Ponder out.

Chris Owusu- He's a burner speed guy with a little more size than the ones we already have. He returned kicks and could possibly lighten the load for Percy. He absolutely tore it up at the combine running a 4.36, 40+ vertical, 10'9 broad jump. Great athlete that had concussion issues from some pretty nasty hits. Could be worth the risk.

Chase Minnefield- I don't know how he dropped either. Most had him going 2nd day. Talented guy at a position of need. Simple as that.

Cliff Harris- I know most people won't like the idea of this, but I think in the right situation and the right coaching, he could be a good player. One of the analysts was brought up keeping Janoris Jenkins on a short leash when he was drafted to counter the character concerns. Keep him focused on football, if he messes up cut him. This could apply this to Harris as well to help maximize his potential without the off the field issues. Our scouts seem to value ball skills, and he's certainly got them. Could pay off big time.

Vontaze Burfict- You guys probably won't like this one either, but I honestly don't mind him. If a change of scenery helps him revert to his old form, this would be a major steal. He's got the nastiness that our defense is lacking. Apparently he has been working hard since the combine, so hopefully thats a sign he's dedicated to making a roster. I hope this was a humbling experience for him, because that could be enough to turn him around. He could be productive as a special teams player if nothing else. Would be a perfect wedge buster for us. We would also have to keep him on a short leash.

James Brown- Yet another highly rated player falling. Could be groomed to replace Charlie Johnson.

Luke Nix- A guy who would fit well at LG and could also replace Johnson

Loni Fangupo- A huge DT that would need some time to develop. We didn't grab the nose tackle that I think we were all hoping for, so hopefully they will address it here. Could eventually provide depth and rotate in at the 1 tech. Might get snagged by a 3-4 team.

This RFA crop has a ton of talent at positions of need. This could be huge for us because there are a lot of guys with starting potential in this crop. Also, our special teams needs a shot in the arm, we could see a lot of new guys making the roster this year for that purpose.
Here is a list of guys that we've been confirmed to have agreed to terms with:
Quote:
Boise State DT Chase Baker
UCLA RB Derrick Coleman
Florida Atlantic DE Kevin Cyrille
Nicholls State CB Bobby Felder
Bowling Green WR Kamar Jorden
Penn State DE Eric Latimore
Iowa LB Tyler Nielsen
Cal DE Ernest Owusu
Hawaii LB Corey Paredes
Virginia G Austin Pasztor
North Carolina DT Tydreke Powell
Missouri DT Terrell Resonno
Mississippi State C Quentin Saulsberry
Oregon T Darrion Weems
South Carolina CB CC Whitlock
Link. None of them are those top guys who you had listed, but there are a few guys on there that I thought would get drafted: Nielsen, Powell, and Saulsberry, and then I thought Baker had a shot to get drafted as well.

Hagy34, I would like to say thank you very much for the texts. +rep for sure.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

No prob marshall.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:34 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Audie Cole is a steal and a half, kid is a great looking prospect and easily could have been and probably should have been a 2nd round pick.

Not the biggest Blanton fan but at least he can tackle and he is tough. Two Arkansas receivers I am a big fan of, and fact they have played on the same team since high school reads like a Hollywood script.

Blair Walsh though, good kid in 2010, but seriously 21 made out of 35 in 2011? And only 4 of those were 50+. Kid has talent but seriously what happened last year.

Overall good draft though, even though Harrison Smith I do not see as an elite safety but anyone is better than who we have now.

And wish they would have taken another corner but they got a few good ones, but missed on a lot of potentially better ones.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

So, here it is, as I promised earlier on this page, my draft review. It's long (over 2,400 words), but I hope you take the time to read it, or at least skim through it.

1.4) Matt Kalil OT USC, Scott’s ranking: #1 OT, #3 overall – It had to be this pick. The team had put out as many smokescreens as humanly possible leading up to the draft, and it got the Browns to bite and trade up. Spielman was made out to look like a genius after all of his work came to fruition. He was able to move down one spot, which assured he would get his guy no matter who it was, and then got 3 picks which allowed him to move up for Smith and add a 4th and 6th next year. I’m a huge fan of Kalil and had him as my #2 prospect in the draft. I think he can step in day one and play at a high level, and within a couple years he can be an All Pro caliber LT for a long time and can protect the QBs blindside for the next dozen years. I liked him more than Jake Long coming out, but a notch below Joe Thomas, which isn’t a slight in the least.

1.29) Harrison Smith S Notre Dame, Scott’s ranking: #2 S, #41 overall – I’m not as big of a fan of this pick, but I still like it. I liked Smith, but more of in the mid 2nd range than the end of the first, but after adding those picks from the Browns, we could easily afford to give up our 4th in order to move up and assure ourselves of a day one starter at S, of which there were only 2 in this draft. I think Smith will be a solid to above average starter at S for us. He’s not a great athlete, but he’s smart, instinctive, and he takes good angles, which is something that our S have been lacking since the year before Sharper left. I’d have preferred a couple other guys still on the board, but safety was a huge need for us and he can step in and play for us day one and be a huge upgrade over what we had. He also adds some flexibility in that he can play both SS and FS.

3.66) Josh Robinson CB Central Florida, Scott’s ranking: #6 CB, #54 overall – Robinson was a good value in the 3rd and he fills another huge need. Our depth at CB last year was nonexistent after Cook got in legal trouble. Now with Cook back, Winfield healthy – at least for now – and the additions of Bowman and Carr on short term contracts in free agency, along with the addition of Robinson, hopefully we’ve got that fixed. Robinson is a good zone corner, who has the talents to develop into a man corner. He also has great instincts, as evidenced by his 10 INTs and 36 PBU in 3 years in college. Robinson’s not afraid to get involved in run support and make a tackle. He also adds special teams value in that he can return both punts and kicks, and would likely be a good gunner on punts and kicks with his speed. I think he can be a good ST to start while battling Bowman and Carr for the nickel job initially, and should eventually take over for Winfield.

4.118) Jarius Wright WR Arkansas, Scott’s ranking: #18 WR, #123 overall – This is about the range I thought Wright would go, somewhere mid 4th to mid 5th. I’m a big fan of Wright, and think he can be a good slot receiver, but his role with us is a bit questionable with Harvin at his best in the slot. I don’t think Wright is good enough versus the jam, and lacks the size to play on the outside consistently. He does offer good return ability and just an all-around play making ability that we need though. He also adds a playmaker and depth in the slot should Harvin continue to battle migraines and nagging injuries like he has in the past. Wright offers good return abilities as well, although he didn’t do much of returning in college, with Joe Adams handling most of those duties. He was the most productive of a very talented Arkansas WR group his senior season. I think he’ll play a situational role offensively while adding special teams value initially, and can hopefully carve out a bigger role in our offense over time, although I see that as slightly questionable with Harvin playing a similar role, just more effectively.

4.128) Rhett Ellison TE/FB/H-Back USC, Scott’s ranking: #8 TE, #157 overall – At first, this pick really surprised me. I figured that after the signing of Carlson to a big contract that we’d only use a later round pick on a TE, if at all, and then we also signed Jerome Felton this offseason, so I didn’t think we’d take a FB at all. The more I thought about it though, the more the pick grew on me. Neither Rudolph or Carlson offers a whole lot in the blocking game, and with Kleinssaser retiring, we definitely will need someone to take over his blocking role. Another way you could look at it is signing Carlson was to replace Shiancoe and drafting Ellison was to replace Kleinsasser. I hadn’t focused on Ellison much, but from what I know is that he’s a very good blocker, but won’t offer much receiving wise, but the Vikings don’t really need that with Rudolph and Carlson. I would assume Ellison would be used situationally offensively, and play quite a bit on special teams early on, and then develop into the Kleinsasser role as the blocking TE and FB. I still think this was a bit early to address a lesser need and Ellison was projected more of as a 6th rounder, but the value really wasn’t there at MLB or DT, and we would address the WR position again a handful of picks later, without a WR going in between the picks.

4.134) Greg Childs WR Arkansas, Scott’s ranking: #33 WR, #228 overall – I’m a fan of Childs, and really liked this pick. After his sophomore season at Arkansas, it looked like he would be a late first to 2nd round pick with a good junior season, but then he proceeded to have a nasty knee injury, in which he completely tore his patellar tendon, which straightens the knee. It reportedly takes a year and a half to fully recover from this injury, which Childs suffered in October 2010. Childs played his senior season while far from completely healthy and it showed. He showed up to the combine healthy and his pro day even better. At his pro day, he ran a 4.39 40, and had an impressive 40 ” vertical, after putting up respectable 4.55 official 40 and a 36 ” vertical at the combine. I thought Childs would likely go in the 5th after he showed he was healthy this offseason, so taking him at the end of the 4th was appropriate value. Childs has all the abilities to develop into a very good #2 WR as long as he’s healthy. He’s got very good size at 6’3” 219 is a good route runner, and has the speed to get down the field and can win just about any jump ball with his size, long arms(34 1/8”, which were the 3rd longest of all WR at the combine), and his leaping ability. I would expect Childs to play a limited role his rookie season as he offers little special teams value, isn’t a fit in the slot, and Jenkins, Aromashodu, and once he returns from his suspension, Jerome Simpson ahead of him on the depth chart on the outside at receiver.

5.139) Robert Blanton DB Notre Dame, Scott’s ranking: #24 CB, #176 overall – I knew very little about Blanton before the draft, and didn’t see him as a fifth rounder, but after doing research, I can see why the team selected him here. Blanton played CB in college, but with his speed, or lack thereof (4.70 40 at the combine), he looks more like a S. Blanton’s got good size for either CB or S at 6’1” 208, and has better quickness than long speed, as evidenced by his good 3 cone time (6.71, tied for 5th among DB at the combine) and short shuttle (3.97, tied for 3rd among DB at the combine). It sounds like the Vikings will try Blanton at S first, which sounds like a better fit for him as his poor long speed can be protected better. Blanton’s a good, sure tackler, and looks like he should carry some added special teams value. I would guess Blanton is a reserve S, behind Smith, Sanford, and Raymond. It sounds like Blanton would be a good matchup against the bigger TE that teams are using split out wide, where they’re too big for CB and too quick for LB, as he’s got good press man skills, but lacks the speed to stay with receivers. The upside here is a starting S, but if I had to guess, I would say he doesn’t reach that and ends up as a backup who can play both S and CB and adds some value against teams that flank out a TE.

6.175) Blair Walsh K Georgia, Scott’s ranking: #1 K, not on top 253 – I was definitely surprised we took a kicker after resigning Longwell this offseason. Walsh has a strong leg, and is the best kickoff specialist in this draft class. He struggled mightily with accuracy his senior season, only making 21/35 field goal attempts, but had went 20/22 and 20/23 his sophomore and junior seasons. My guess is that Walsh is the kickoff specialist to begin his career if he makes the team, and then once Longwell is done, he’ll take over as the field goal kicker. Longwell has struggled with kickoffs in the past, and it would be nice to have someone who can rack up touchbacks regularly, but I’m not so sure about us keeping 2 kickers around.

7.210) Audie Cole LB North Carolina State, Scott’s ranking: #13 OLB, #134 overall – I thought Cole was a great value in the 7th as I thought he would go somewhere in the 5th. His fit with us is a bit odd though, as with his lack of athleticism made him a better fit inside in the 3-4 in my opinion, but at that point in the draft fit kind of goes out the window and you try and find someone who can make plays, and there are plenty of people who think he can play both MLB and SLB in the 4-3. He did everything well in college: was a sure tackler, could drop into zone coverage, and could match up in short areas in man coverage, did ok shedding blocks, and showed good range and pursuit in run support. The only thing he lacks is athleticism, and that will limit him in his potential upside. To me, he profiles more of as a 2 down linebacker if he ever makes it as a starter, but he looks like he could be a great backup at both Mike and Sam and could probably even play some Will in a pinch. As a rookie, I would expect him to backup Brinkley in the middle and provide depth, which the team severely lacks at LB. I love the value at this point, but keep in mind that he has limited upside.

7.218) Trevor Guyton DL California, Scott’s ranking: #11 DE, #104 overall – This was another great value pick in the 7th round. Guyton was projected somewhere around the 5th. I saw places that had him as early as a late 3rd rounder to late 5th, so getting him in the 7th was a steal. Guyton, like Cole, also is a bit of a questionable fit, even more so than Cole. Guyton was viewed as most as a 3-4 DE. Again though, he’s just a good football player and adds versatility to our DL where depth was needed, especially at tackle, but also at end. I would expect Guyton to play end in a run stopping role as a rookie, where he’s very stout and anchors well. He offers a good bull rush, but lacks other pass rushing moves, and will never be much of a pass rusher. He also can kick inside to tackle in pass rushing situations. Guyton had a poor combine, running a 5.07 official 40, which probably played a big hand in knocking him down draft boards. He also offers future value with his versatility in that many have been calling for the team to move to the 3-4, and while I don’t like the move, I feel that if Frazier is fired it could be an option, and Guyton would give them another piece to that transition if it were to happen.

Overall: I thought the Vikings had a very good draft. They filled every hole at some point in the draft, and the biggest ones multiple times, without making much for reaches. Every pick was at least appropriate value, with really only Ellison going more than a half round over his projected spot. I would expect Kalil and Smith to start from day one, and the rest of them should see the field at least at some point, with guys like Robinson, Wright, Ellison, and Childs all could see time in a rotation. For the Vikings though, it’s not about the immediate, but about the long term, and that is where this draft lacks a little. Kalil is the only player that I see that could develop into a star in the NFL. However, several other players could be good starters, and a few others should be at least rotational players. Spielman came into the draft with a mess on his hands, and while he didn’t fix it all in one year, there was no way this team was going to be turned around in one offseason, especially one with a lackluster free agency. Spielman did hit on all the needs, though, and was able to do so with good value. Through some slick maneuvering, Spielman was able to acquire enough picks to allow him to fill all the necessary holes, as well as trade for some future picks, adding a 4th and 6th next year. A lot of people were questioning Spielman coming into the draft, but he did a hell of a job with stage one of a long rebuilding process, and hopefully was able to shorten that process.

Grade: B+

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 06-04-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
jimmylishis
Rookie

Well aren't you glad we didn't take Blackmon?

sig by BoneKrusher