Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 04-27-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i really don't see value in glenn, unless we're 100% sure he can play inside. i think franklin was just fine at RT and should only get better. i really like konz, but i really think walton is a below-average nfl center.
I actually think Glenn is better suited as a guard. He can also play RT if we want to move Franklin inside.

WELCOME REALITY
jCut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osweiler =/
Old 04-27-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i am beside myself. wow.
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Merry christmas NJX! fffff*******
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want a njx rant.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:56 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jCut is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Osweiler sucks.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 04-27-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Punisher
Veteran

Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Punisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like the Hillman pick
Punisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He runs better inside than his size would indicate. Definitely a fit for a zone scheme (and we ran a *lot* of inside zone last year).

Burning a second on Osweiler is souring me too much to be objective. The other guys weren't big hype prospects but they could very well be the right choices. Wolfe brings the inside pass rush and Hillman the breakaway threat on the ground.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like wolfe, very productive player who has underrated athleticism and strength. much more comfortable with taking him than i would've been with taking any of the other tackles that were available. i also like hillman quite a bit. similar to wolfe, hillman fits a big area of need and should be able to be an immediate contributor, despite being only twenty years old. miller's reoccurring shoulder issues must be the reason as to why he fell to the third day. it'll be interesting to see where he's taken tomorrow.

i've never been a fan of osweiler. poor mechanics and limited experience are huge red flags for him, among other things. however, there's two things that give me some hope for him: tools, i.e., arm strength, size and underrated athleticism, and the situation in which he was drafted into. i still don't like his chances for becoming a legitimate franchise quarterback down the road, but having the opportunity to sit for 2+ seasons should be extremely beneficial.

we have two early picks to start the day off tomorrow, and i wouldn't be shocked if we look to pick up a receiver who projects well to the slot, but really, who the hell knows.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still a couple of good corners available too. Not that drafting cop punchers seems like a brilliant idea.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:09 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham View Post
we have two early picks to start the day off tomorrow, and i wouldn't be shocked if we look to pick up a receiver who projects well to the slot, but really, who the hell knows.
If we wanted a receiver, we had plenty of opportunity to get value at that position already. At this point we're looking at a bunch of bigger possession guys with good hands (Jones, McNutt, Toon).

Anyway, my gut feeling is that Decker and Tamme will spend a lot of time lined up in the slot, so I wouldn't spend any more resources on that particular position.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
Still a couple of good corners available too. Not that drafting cop punchers seems like a brilliant idea.
Yes, I think CB is possible with Brandon Boykin and Josh Norman still available. The problem I have is that I'm not sure either of these guys can beat out the young legs we have in Harris, Thompson and Vaughn.

If we want to talk about "contributors", then I'd say DT is still in the mix (Ta'amu, Wynn, Chapman, Crick, etc) as is C if they think a guy like Jones or Molk could challenge Walton.

The easy way to make an impact is returner. That brings me back to Boykin who is definitely a threat as a KR.

EDIT: An outside possibility would be some "thunder" to go with Hillman's "lightning". Polk, Turbin, Ballard... picking up a guy like that would allow us to dump some of the role players we have at RB. I guess this would very much depend on how the FO feels about Ball, JJ and Fannin.

Last edited by Diehard : 04-27-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 12:48 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Heh. I was just surfing around the mane and former broncos thread poster Chris lost a $2500 laptop tonight. poor guy.

on another note... let's kick day 3's ass.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:02 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

To extrapolate on the above post, I say we go out and nab either Brandon Boykin or Josh Norman in round 4. I'm happy with Harris as our nickel or maybe even #2 for the next 5 years, but I'd like to see someone challenge him.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

yes! another Baylor center!!! and older than Walton! and another Canadian from Ontario! (bolden)
Old 04-28-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hating this draft too. I really hope it turns well, but I'm not feeling it right now. I went in to the 4th hoping they would grab Josh Norman then Ta'amu/Crick. Instead, we go after a a CB coming off a torn ACL and a 27 year old center from Baylor. Hard to get excited about this.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
I went in to the 4th hoping they would grab Josh Norman then Ta'amu/Crick. Instead, we go after a a CB coming off a torn ACL and a 27 year old center from Baylor. Hard to get excited about this.
Bolden hurt his knee last April, so he should already be back to full strength. He's a potential starter caliber guy, which is hard to come by in round 4. Assuming he checked out medically, this is a solid value pick.

Blake was an OG who slid over to C when Walton left. He's strong at the point of attack - Ganaway got a lot of his yards following this guy up the middle. Good size and base for a C - doesn't get pushed back much. Yes, he's older (26) but OL can have long careers and we can't sign him for more than 4 years anyway. I am very happy they brought in someone to compete against Walton / Beadles and I think he'll end up taking one of the starting jobs.
Old 04-28-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
Bolden hurt his knee last April, so he should already be back to full strength. He's a potential starter caliber guy, which is hard to come by in round 4. Assuming he checked out medically, this is a solid value pick.

Blake was an OG who slid over to C when Walton left. He's strong at the point of attack - Ganaway got a lot of his yards following this guy up the middle. Good size and base for a C - doesn't get pushed back much. Yes, he's older (26) but OL can have long careers and we can't sign him for more than 4 years anyway. I am very happy they brought in someone to compete against Walton / Beadles and I think he'll end up taking one of the starting jobs.

I think Bolden could end up pretty good. I guess I just had my heart set on Josh Norman. If Bolden comes back completely healthy, it could end up an amazing pick.

It'll take a few days to talk myself into liking all of our picks. I've already talked myself in to Wolfe. Starting to warm up to the idea of Osweiler. I don't love Hillman yet, but I could definitely warm up to the idea. I really don't know how to feel about Blake yet, but it is hard to get excited about a 27 year old who replaced our currently underwhelming center.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
jCut
Veteran

Overall, it sure doesn't feel like we improved our team much. I don't think it's the worst draft in the world, but nothing to get excited about.

WELCOME REALITY
Old 04-28-2012, 08:52 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

UFA signings:

* Steven Johnson, LB, Kansas

Very productive (led Big 12 in tackles), agile, athletic

* Austin Wuebbels, OG, Missouri

Mauler. I like this guy.

* Jamie Blatnick, DE, Oklahoma State

One year wonder but did some good damage in the backfield

* Coryell Judie, CB, Texas A&M

Wasn't drafted due to injury history. Talent is definitely there.

* Duke Ihenacho, S, San Jose State

Don't know much about him - great name, though

* Elliot Coffey, LB, Baylor

Another smaller, productive LB

* Mike Remmers, OT, Oregon State

Don't know much about him

* Gerell Robinson, WR, ASU

Big guy who had good production as a target for Osweiler at ASU

* Anthony Miller, TE, Cal

Don't know much about him

EDIT:

* Jerry Franklin, LB, Arkansas

Another productive ILB

* Wayne Tribue, OG, Temple

Powerful inline blocker... just the way Fox likes 'em

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...rookies/13246/

Last edited by Diehard : 04-28-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
i think this was an abysmal draft and i think no one we drafted will be on the team in 4 years.

that said, i'm going to have a little faith in EFX and try to give these guys a little bit of time to make me eat crow.
I honestly think, while it isn't the sexiest draft of all, we have to cope. Gotta have confidence in the guys. I do think we have room to be excited about Hillman. I did no research on the kid and I'm pleasantly surprised with what I've now seen and read.

All the Charger fans who really know and watch the kid are pretty upset that we nabbed him.

As difficult as it is to swallow the fact that we didn't land LaMichael, Martin or Turbin, or any of the guys we wanted for that matter, Hillman looks really good. We haven't had a back with this level of quickness and elusivity since Clinton Portis. If his family isn't broke, he likely goes back to San Diego State, puts up another 1,500 yards in a weak conference, and is selected right around the time LaMichael was taken this year. Also, guys only 20. He could pull an Okoye, suck for 4 years, and on his second contract, still be a really good 3rd down back for another team - and still be younger than some rookies.

I think Wolfe is going to be a pretty solid UT. I haven't watched enough film of his, but I trust the judgement of EFX on his one. Everyone had the kid in their top 5-7 DT's, and EFX saw something they liked. They watch way more all-22 than all of us (which can be argued for any draft pick, including Bruce Irvin, I guess)

The rest of the picks are very meh except for Bolden. Odds are, most 4th rounders don't end up starting anyway. I think Bolden has better odds of not getting injured on a regular basis than a typical 4th rounder has of starting one day. I also think that a healthy Bolden is nickel caliber guy a few years down the road, at the very least. It's a calculated risk, to me.

Last edited by Jimmy : 04-28-2012 at 10:44 PM.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Quote:
like i said, i'll give elway, et al a bit of time to prove they're either idiots or smarter than me.

but i just don't like a single one of our picks compared to guys who were available. and granted, where i would've taken ta'amu where we took wolfe, ta'amu fell another 3 rounds. so maybe i really missed something. and maybe lamar miller's injury is really that bad. bleh. i just feel liek i'm mentally having to make a lot of excuses for the players we took instead of the guys who were available.
those guys are two perfect examples. i trust the judgement of 32 organizations over a bunch of draftniks, despite how well versed we are for people with literally zero sources. same with turbin. I saw a guy who I believed should have gone at the end of round 2. didn't go till round 4. people see different things, but ultimately people slip for a reason.

With the Wolfe pick, there wasn't another DT taken until a half round later and there wasn't another DT picked after that guy till pick 82. To sum it up, all 32 teams believed there were only 3 total round two worthy DT candidates, and we got one of the two that don't suck. And we got some extra picks.

Once again, all 32 teams believed there were only 2 total round 3 worthy RB prospects, as only 2 were taken in round 3. Those backs were Hillman and Pierce, who was taken half a round later. I'd rather have Hillman by a small margin.

In round 4, only Miller and Turbin went. Those guys slipped for a reason, like you said. Both have injury concerns. All 32 teams valued them 4th round picks at the highest.

Also, feel good about the Bolden pick. There wasn't a single cornerback taken until a half a round later.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Quote:
i should note i'm only really against the bolden pick because i think boykins would've offered us a return guy. outside of that i don't hate that pick. and to be honest, i don't know if bolden also offers us a return guy, so that may be an unfounded criticism.
At the presser, I think Fox mentioned that Hillman might contribute on returns. However, I don't count on that being any kind of permanent solution, as I think when he starts getting a decent chunk of carries and showing what he can do, they won't want to risk him on returns.
Old 04-29-2012, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Well, we just signed a 13th UDFA - WR Eric Page from Toledo. There's our kick returner.

With him and Hillman on the roster, maybe we'll actually see some screen plays installed. That would be a refreshing change.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

starting at 6:10... you can see the speed this kid has. the play after the long touchdown catch is absurd. this kid looks like he could turn out alright.
Old 05-09-2012, 08:01 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Xanders is gone.