Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

man screw Oakland for taking Marquette King ... and Jags for taking Ryan Davis ...

but really Dowtin getting no intrest from any team??? ... that's crazy
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, if you would have told me after the combine/senior bowl that we were gonna wind up with David DeCastro, Mike Adams, and Alameda Ta'amu I would have thought you a fool, haha.

Crazy, crazy draft but simply fantastic. Love those three picks, I can dig Spence, Rainey is our version of McCluster, Clemmons is solid, and we'll see what happens with the other seventh rounders, who I'll be honest, I don't know much about.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrance Fredrick is basically William Gai. I liked him later in the draft.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's our unofficial UDFA list:

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2012/04...gning-tracker/
Old 04-29-2012, 12:18 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Man, if you would have told me after the combine/senior bowl that we were gonna wind up with David DeCastro, Mike Adams, and Alameda Ta'amu I would have thought you a fool, haha.

Crazy, crazy draft but simply fantastic. Love those three picks, I can dig Spence, Rainey is our version of McCluster, Clemmons is solid, and we'll see what happens with the other seventh rounders, who I'll be honest, I don't know much about.

honestly the 7th rounders I don;t know much about but David Paulsen is Chris Cooley if use properly

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

The winner of our draft contest was CBrunn with 4 points. He correctly predicted Adams and Clemons in the same spot. Congrats, brotha.

Hines, Goose, Jakey, Debo, and Mike got 2 points. Bhaarat got 1 point.

As a prize, everyone should rep CBrunn.
Old 04-29-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and a merry draftmas to all.

seriously though... quite possibly the best draft ever.

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok.......lets see here

1.David Decastro OG Stanford-had to take him great value here, doesn't dominate as much as I would like, but a very solid player, really like the pick but wouldn't be shocked if some how Zeitler actually turns out to be a better player, I wanted Cordy Glenn personally or Hightower, but we needed to take this guy very solid pick, cheers~!

2.Mike Adams Ohio State-at first blush, really hated this pick, but i'm started to come around to it. A risk but if it turns out you have one side of the line thats Pouncy, Decastro and Adams, potentially a sick trio, really wanted Ta'MU but i'll get to that later. Interested to see if Bobby Massie acutally turns out to be a better player, but at the end of the day it wasn't Jonathan Martin so I'm thankfull for that.

3.Sean Spence LB Miami-I'm sorry, I really don't like this pick. don't think he can take on blocks to save his life. Can he tackle Trent Richardson?...don't think so. anyway....if your using him as a sub package cover linebacker or hybrid Safety and rotating Foote and Sylvester in and out then ok I get it. but still i would have taken Lamar Miller, or James Micheal Johnson later on, he could be a pro bowl special teams player but you just need more out of a third round pick, I hope im wrong.

4.Alameda Ta'mu DT Washington-Love this pick, would have taken him in the second round, guess the steelers are smarter than me. much better value here obviously, massive freak that can move.

5.Chris Rainey RB Florida-like this move too, finally the speed back that i've wanted for years, glad we didn't take a Chris Polk or Edwin Baker players that are too similar to what we allready have. What are his off the field issues?

7.Toney Clemons WR Colorado-really don't know anything about this kid, 6'2 4.45 8 touchdowns in the Pac 12, has some tools

7.David Paulson TE Oregon-like the kid, if he hits his absolute ceiling he is Chris Cooley, might not make it out of training camp

7.Terrance Fredrick CB Texas A&M-don't know anything about him, Coryell Judie seemed to be the player that was more highly rated, guess not

7.Kelvin Beachum OG SMU-ignorant on this guy as well, I would have went with Lucus Nix

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
Old 04-29-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol Finally got some rep points ... thanks all ...

yeah I'm not sold on Spence ... to me it seems like Tomlin hands all over that one ...

to me i would of rather had Brandon Thompson in the 3rd or Ta'mu ... then went on from their ...

but it is what it is ... and no matter what it was still a great draft ...
Also brought in some good UFA's too ... hopefully they can make the team so we can get rid of some higher paid Vets on the end of the bench ...and then sign Wallace, i'd say maybe like 6 mill a year
Old 04-29-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'd expect Jon Scott to get cut very soon especially since Starks will be ready to return in a month or two.

I wouldn't mind signing Jon Goff to come in and compete for a MLB job. I really like him and believe he could be a steal if he is healthy.
Old 04-29-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

yeah i really like that QB they brought in ... why aren't they more active ... i see teams getting like 20 players ( bmore and some good ones too)

bring them to camp ... worst thing is they just don't make the team ... i don't see how it can hurt to bring in as much Competition as you can
Old 04-29-2012, 02:51 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
lol Finally got some rep points ... thanks all ...

yeah I'm not sold on Spence ... to me it seems like Tomlin hands all over that one ...

to me i would of rather had Brandon Thompson in the 3rd or Ta'mu ... then went on from their ...

but it is what it is ... and no matter what it was still a great draft ...
Also brought in some good UFA's too ... hopefully they can make the team so we can get rid of some higher paid Vets on the end of the bench ...and then sign Wallace, i'd say maybe like 6 mill a year
You Could be right, I think Thompson would be a better 5 technique, Ta'mu has better movement skills for his size, Dontari Poe with good tape

If Spence could go back in time and play for the 2000 Ravens I think he would be an all pro.....

owww well....I'm tired of talking about this guy....I really hope im wrong

Mike Tirico

Old 04-29-2012, 02:52 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
yeah i really like that QB they brought in ... why aren't they more active ... i see teams getting like 20 players ( bmore and some good ones too)

bring them to camp ... worst thing is they just don't make the team ... i don't see how it can hurt to bring in as much Competition as you can
Is there a free agent draft tracker deal anywhere?

I think it was Micheal Lombardi or Brian Billick that said the owners allocate a certain amount of money for the team to sign these guys

Mike Tirico

Old 04-29-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Yeah i guess it depends how much money some teams want to spend to bring these guys in ... but it's not like the steelers don't have money

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012-...ed-free-agents

and another thing i use is http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...os&o rder=ASC

just search for a player and their twitter feed is in there so tells you if they signed any where
Old 04-29-2012, 02:58 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I'd expect Jon Scott to get cut very soon especially since Starks will be ready to return in a month or two.

I wouldn't mind signing Jon Goff to come in and compete for a MLB job. I really like him and believe he could be a steal if he is healthy.
....yeah Jon Goff....sure why not

any mid level veteran back we can get for cheap?

Mike Tirico

Old 04-29-2012, 03:00 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah i guess it depends how much money some teams want to spend to bring these guys in ... but it's not like the steelers don't have money

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012-...ed-free-agents

and another thing i use is http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...os&o rder=ASC

just search for a player and their twitter feed is in there so tells you if they signed any where
Thanks dude

cheer~!

I would normally never say this but this years pre season is really important

alot of young guys need to step up

Mike Tirico

Old 04-29-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you guys dominated this draft congrats. My one question is do you guys think you are going to be a more offensive minded team in the future. I know D has always been apart of the steelers rep but you spend 4 recent early picks on the oline. There is no way you keep those guys around after there rookie deals unless you let some defensive players go. The Ravens had to let Jason Brown go, Grubbs go in recent. Years if Gaither wasnt such a wimp Yanda would have walked too. Its all because we wanted Suggs/Ngata/Webb over those guys. We still wanted to keep a defensive identity.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 04-29-2012 at 04:13 PM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

i think with the steelers it's more of the Scheme then the actual players,even though we have some good ones but it's a lot due to the scheme ... but when Lebeau goes(hopefully never lol) i think it'll be interesting to see what Tomlin does , he's a 4-3 guy ...

but with that said ... i think the money should always go to the big guys ...the games are won in the Trenches , that's how I see it
Old 04-29-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought your LB coach is the DC in waiting once Lebeau retires
Old 04-29-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
you guys dominated this draft congrats. My one question is do you guys think you are going to be a more offensive minded team in the future. I know D has always been apart of the steelers rep but you spend 4 recent early picks on the oline. There is no way you keep those guys around after there rookie deals unless you let some defensive players go. The Ravens had to let Jason Brown go, Grubbs go in recent. Years if Gaither wasnt such a wimp Yanda would have walked too. Its all because we wanted Suggs/Ngata/Webb over those guys. We still wanted to keep a defensive identity.
I think this is the end of a major offensive overhaul, and now the defense is next.

If you look at the starting offense from the 08 Superbowl vs. the Cardinals to our offense now, basically every starter is new (also how I think the offensive line will look like by the end of the season):

QB Ben Roethlisberger --> Ben Roethlisberger
RB Willie Parker --> Rashard Mendenhall
FB Carey Davis --> David Johnson
WR Hines Ward --> Mike Wallace
WR Santonio Holmes --> Antonio Brown
TE Heath Miller --> Heath Miller
LT Max Starks --> Mike Adams
LG Chris Kemoeatu --> Willie Colon
C Justin Hartwig --> Maurkice Pouncey
RG Darnell Stapleton --> David DeCastro
RT Willie Colon --> Marcus Gilbert

The defense, however, has stayed virtually intact:

LE Aaron Smith --> Ziggy Hood
NT Casey Hampton --> Casey Hampton
RE Brett Keisel --> Brett Keisel
LOLB LaMarr Woodley --> LaMarr Woodley
ROLB James Harrison --> James Harrison

ILB James Farrior --> Lawrence Timmons
ILB Larry Foote --> Larry Foote
CB Ike Taylor --> Ike Taylor

CB Bryant McFadden --> Cortez Allen/Keenan Lewis
FS Ryan Clark --> Ryan Clark
SS Troy Polamalu --> Troy Polamalu

A lot of these guys will be gone within the next two, three years. Hampton, Keisel, Harrison, and Clark will all be over 33 next season, with Troy, Foote, and Ike being 31. Those guys alone account for a huuuuuuuuuuge chunk of cap.

Cap charges this season:
Hampton + Keisel + Harrison + Clark = $26.3 million
Troy + Foote + Ike = $16.7

Total: $43 million

I hope we've got the replacement for some of those guys on the roster already, but I can't say for sure. There are candidates for all but our safeties though.

Jason Worilds or Chris Carter for Harrison
Stevenson Sylvester or Sean Spence for Foote
Cortez Allen, Curtis Brown, or Keenan Lewis for Ike Taylor
Cameron Heyward for Brett Keisel
Alameda Ta'amu or Steve McClendon for Casey Hampton

So ultimately, we might have to let some offensive players go, but I think many stay. Those huge defensive contracts will be gone by the time we need to extend most of the offensive guys, and the large increases in cap room should help us out too.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Robinson TEMPLE wooohoooooo.

Idk how effective he will be as 3-4 OLB, he had his best season has hand in the ground. When standing up he did alright.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Pretty cool video on Mike Adams from when he got the call.

Looks like he really, really wanted to get drafted by us, and I'm glad to see that it appears he realizes that the team is willing to trust him.

Video is to the right of the article.

http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/s...tes-adams.html

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-29-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

53 Man Roster Prediction (for the majority of the season, after the return of Saunders):

QB
Ben Roethlisberger
Byron Leftwich
Charlie Batch

RB
Rashard Mendenhall
Isaac Redman
Jonathan Dwyer
John Clay
Baron Batch
Chris Rainey

WR
Mike Wallace
Antonio Brown
Emmanuel Sanders
Jerricho Cotchery
Toney Clemons

TE
Heath Miller
Leonard Pope
Weslye Saunders
David Johnson

OT
Marcus Gilbert
Mike Adams
Trevis Turner

OG
David DeCastro
Willie Colon
Ramon Foster
Trai Essex

C
Maurkice Pouncey
Doug Legursky

DE
Brett Keisel
Ziggy Hood
Cameron Heyward

NT
Casey Hampton
Alameda Ta'amu
Steve McClendon

OLB
James Harrison
LaMarr Woodley
Jason Worilds
Chris Carter

ILB
Lawrence Timmons
Larry Foote
Stevenson Sylvester
Sean Spence

CB
Ike Taylor
Keenan Lewis
Cortez Allen
Curtis Brown
Terrence Frederick

S
Troy Polamalu
Ryan Clark
Ryan Mundy
Will Allen

ST
Shaun Suisham
Jeremy Kapinos
Greg Warren

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-29-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Toney Clemons, senior season.

http://vimeo.com/32932243
Old 04-29-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good god this kid is QUICK!