Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 04-29-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Predict Your Team's Draft Picks Who Fail

Every year, every team drafts players who fail, or simply don't meet expectations. Who do you think they'll be for your team, and why?

For the Steelers:

3rd round LB Sean Spence, Miami

I like his instincts and the energy with which he plays, but he's very small and struggles with shedding blocks. I think he's not a perfect fit for the 3-4, and if they stick him besides Timmons at some point, it will just be bad. I think he's a good ST player and solid depth at best, but I expect more from a 3rd rounder, since we've gotten some good picks there in recent years (most notably Mike Wallace).

7th round OT Kelvin Beachum, SMU

He's a good kid from what I've read, a good guy, but he's small and not very powerful, even downright soft at times. Will probably have to kick inside to guard, but with the other guys we acquired (DeCastro in the first, Mike Adams moves Willie Colon inside too) he probably won't have a roster spot and will make the practice squad for a year, before being released. I know it's a seventh rounder, but I expect next to nothing from him, another off-season body for us.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess I'll go with 7th round pick Jerome Long. Not because I think he'll necessarily be bad, but because I don't see him sticking with the team. We're pretty deep at 5tech as it stands right now.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The part of the draft no fan will accept although it happens every year. I love it!

I'm not saying these players will bust, but im not blinded of the fact that they could:

Nick Perry - I love the pick, but its still to be seen how he transitions to the 3-4. He has stiff hips which needs to be fixed and right now weighs 270 pounds.

Andrew Datko - He could be so injury prone he never sees the field. Thats why he went 7th round, not 2nd.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

At least one of McCants or Mosley, and Randle in that he never actually becomes a deep threat the way we need when Cruz moves into the slot.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coty Sensabaugh. I just don't think he'll be anything more than a 4th corner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperPacker View Post
The part of the draft no fan will accept although it happens every year. I love it!
Haha, indeed! 50% of first rounders will bust, let alone from all the other rounds.

Just for the sake of discussion, here are the first round busts from 2007-2009, since I think 10 and 11 are too close to call.

1. QB JaMarcus Russell, Oakland
4. DE Gaines Adams, Tampa Bay
5. OT Levi Brown, Arizona
8. DE Jamal Anderson, Atlanta
9. WR Ted Ginn, Jr., Miami
10. DT Amobi Okoye, Houston
13. DT Adam Carriker, St. Louis
16. DT Justin Harrell, Green Bay
17. DE Jarvis Moss, Denver
21. S Reggie Nelson, Jacksonville
22. QB Brady Quinn, Cleveland
24. S Brandon Meriweather, New England
30. WR Craig Davis, San Diego
32. WR Anthony Gonzalez, Indianapolis

6. DE Vernon Gholston, New York Jets
7. DT Sedrick Ellis, New Orleans
8. DE Derrick Harvey, Jacksonville
9. LB Keith Rivers, Cincinnati
11. CB Leodis McKelvin, Buffalo
13. OT Chris Williams, Chicago
17. OT Gosder Cherilus, Detroit
21. OT Sam Baker, Atlanta
25. CB Mike Jenkins, Dallas
27. CB Antoine Cason, San Diego
28. DE Lawrence Jackson, Seattle
29. DT Kentwan Balmer, San Francisco

2009 - I'm being generous with some guys here, could include more
2. OT Jason Smith, St. Louis
4. LB Aaron Curry, Seattle
11. DE Aaron Maybin, Buffalo
12. RB Knowshon Moreno, Denver
16. DE Larry English, San Diego
18. DE Robert Ayers, Denver
24. DT Peria Jerry, Atlanta
26. RB Donald Brown, Indianapolis

So who will they be this year?

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:04 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im not saying all these guys will bust, but assuming the 50% thing, i've got 14 guys.

4. Matt Kalil
8. Ryan Tannehill
9. Luke Kuechly
10. Stephon Gilmore
11. Dontari Poe
12. Fletcher Cox
16. Quinton Coples
18. Melvin Ingram
19. Shea McCellin
20. Kendall Wright
21. Chandler Jones
22. Brandon Weeden
28. Nick Perry
32. David Wilson

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-29-2012, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Lil Quip
Rookie

Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Lil Quip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Pats:

Chandler Jones/Bequette

Both turning out would be awesome, but I have to hedge my bets. I think at least one turns in to that olb/de pass rusher we really need.

Tavon Wilson

Who the heck knows with this pick. Reminds me of the safety pick by the raiders a couple years back. At least we had a nice first instead of DHB.

I can't put anyone past the fourth as a 'bust.' These guys work or don't, but never bust.

I would be infinitely surprised if Hightower busts. He may not ever make a PB, but he screams worthwhile contributor for a long time.
Lil Quip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Haha, indeed! 50% of first rounders will bust, let alone from all the other rounds.

Just for the sake of discussion, here are the first round busts from 2007-2009, since I think 10 and 11 are too close to call.

I disagree with all of these to some extent. None of them are spectacular but they've had decent season or two thus far. In Jerry's case, I think he's a victim of injury from his rookie season. I know Ginn is a garbage receiver but he's easily one of the top return guys in the league.

Quote:
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I disagree with all of these to some extent. None of them are spectacular but they've had decent season or two thus far. In Jerry's case, I think he's a victim of injury from his rookie season. I know Ginn is a garbage receiver but he's easily one of the top return guys in the league.
Are you serious? When you pick a guy in the first round you expect them to be a solid starter for 10 years. If you're picking top 10 you want him to be a pro bowler.

All of these guys have been busts.

RIP themaninblack
Old 04-29-2012, 05:48 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Im not saying all these guys will bust, but assuming the 50% thing, i've got 14 guys.

4. Matt Kalil
8. Ryan Tannehill
9. Luke Kuechly
10. Stephon Gilmore
11. Dontari Poe
12. Fletcher Cox
16. Quinton Coples
18. Melvin Ingram
19. Shea McCellin
20. Kendall Wright
21. Chandler Jones
22. Brandon Weeden
28. Nick Perry
32. David Wilson
I will end you.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

I think you can find bigger busts from those years than the guys listed. They might have not been picked as high but they never did a damn thing. I'm talking about bums like this guy:

50th overall pick, 34 career carries.

I'd much rather have Brandon Meriweather than that piece of trash.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are you serious? When you pick a guy in the first round you expect them to be a solid starter for 10 years. If you're picking top 10 you want him to be a pro bowler.

All of these guys have been busts.
I dont count Robert Ayers as a bust. He is a solid player taken at #18. Jarvis Moss, now he is a bust (and we traded up to get him as well). **** me.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:55 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

1. QB JaMarcus Russell, Oakland
4. DE Gaines Adams, Tampa Bay
5. OT Levi Brown, Arizona
8. DE Jamal Anderson, Atlanta
10. DT Amobi Okoye, Houston
13. DT Adam Carriker, St. Louis
16. DT Justin Harrell, Green Bay
17. DE Jarvis Moss, Denver
22. QB Brady Quinn, Cleveland
30. WR Craig Davis, San Diego
32. WR Anthony Gonzalez, Indianapolis

6. DE Vernon Gholston, New York Jets
8. DE Derrick Harvey, Jacksonville
13. OT Chris Williams, Chicago
17. OT Gosder Cherilus, Detroit
25. CB Mike Jenkins, Dallas
28. DE Lawrence Jackson, Seattle
29. DT Kentwan Balmer, San Francisco

2009 - I'm being generous with some guys here, could include more
2. OT Jason Smith, St. Louis
4. LB Aaron Curry, Seattle
11. DE Aaron Maybin, Buffalo
12. RB Knowshon Moreno, Denver
16. DE Larry English, San Diego
18. DE Robert Ayers, Denver
26. RB Donald Brown, Indianapolis

So who will they be this year?

Not yet. They say he's healthy and looks good. The Rams new o-line coach said it was his poor technique that was hindering him too. He said Smith would try to punish the defender on each play, instead of just trying to block him. He said he can fix Smith's flaws and Smith will be a really good RT.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
FrankGore
Rookie

FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FrankGore is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
Not yet. They say he's healthy and looks good. The Rams new o-line coach said it was his poor technique that was hindering him too. He said Smith would try to punish the defender on each play, instead of just trying to block him. He said he can fix Smith's flaws and Smith will be a really good RT.
Well I'm glad he cleared all that up for us, lol.
FrankGore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I agree that some of them have had salvageable seasons, but that is unacceptable for a first rounder. First rounders are expected to be solid starters, at worst.

9. WR Ted Ginn, Jr., Miami Good returner, yes, terrible at everything else. There is absolutely no way of justifying drafting a returner top 10, even if he is Devin Hester.
21. S Reggie Nelson, Jacksonville He plays better than he is, if that makes any sense. The Bengals' system helps hide some of his weaknesses, and he was traded away after 4 years.
24. S Brandon Meriweather, New England Had some good games at times, but he was cut after 4 years, and I think he'll be out of the league in 2.

7. DT Sedrick Ellis, New Orleans Probably one of the better players on the list. Still, he has not come close to live up to the billing of being the seventh overall pick.
9. LB Keith Rivers, Cincinnati Traded away for a fifth this year and injuries have prevented him from being consistently good.
11. CB Leodis McKelvin, Buffalo He hasn't amounted to absolutely anything. Bills have drafted CBs with early picks in consecutive years, Aaron Williams and Stephon Gilmore.
21. OT Sam Baker, Atlanta He's bad. People remember him from USC and being a first rounder, but he's bad, and his continually dinged up back doesn't help him.

24. DT Peria Jerry, Atlanta knee injury as a rookie absolutely destroyed him

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

expectations vs. predicted results? LaMichael James.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure how you define late rounds picks "failing". None of the Falcons late round picks are going to be anything more than depth, or a below average starting FB. But I'd be pretty surprised if Lamar Holmes is in the NFL in a few years, awful, awful pick.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by armageddon View Post
I'd say he's clearly a bust right now, but he could turn it around I guess. Compared to other tackles (or other players, for that matter) taken Top 5 in previous years, he hasn't done anything noteworthy.

He's also probably one of the worst tackles out of all the ones selected in the first two rounds in 2009. Eugene Monroe, Michael Oher, Phil Loadholt, Sebastian Vollmer, give me any of those guys before Smith. Maybe even Andre Smith too.

He's been injured, so you could call him an Injury Bust, but the fact of the matter is that he hasn't lived up to the expectations of a second overall pick.

Props to clover_jeez!

Last edited by Mr. Goosemahn : 04-29-2012 at 06:35 PM.
Old 04-29-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'm not sure how you define late rounds picks "failing". None of the Falcons late round picks are going to be anything more than depth, or a below average starting FB. But I'd be pretty surprised if Lamar Holmes is in the NFL in a few years, awful, awful pick.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking for guys from later rounds. Players who won't make the roster or contribute anything of note, even as depth/situational guys.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-29-2012, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey Hayward for the Packers.

I like him but his lack of straight-line speed and the fact we'll probably make him practice some as a safety, increasing the difficulty of an already brutal transition, could wipe him out.

He's also known more for zone coverage than man and we're primarily a man team with our corners.

As for some first rounders..

Dontari Poe is going to show up to camp out of shape big team and will be a huge bust.

Justin Blackmon will max out as a poor man's Michael Crabtree (which isn't a good thing.)

Mark Barron will get burnt deep.. a lot.

Shea McClellin will do absolutely nothing.

Quinton Coples may put a shotgun round in his head as he gets stuck as a non-playmaking 3-4 DE.

Andrew Luck will max out as a 4,000 25/15 guy aka Matt Schaub.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
armageddon
Veteran

armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.armageddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd say he's clearly a bust right now, but he could turn it around I guess. Compared to other tackles (or other players, for that matter) taken Top 5 in previous years, he hasn't done anything noteworthy.

He's also probably one of the worst tackles out of all the ones selected in the first two rounds in 2009. Eugene Monroe, Michael Oher, Phil Loadholt, Sebastian Vollmer, give me any of those guys before Smith. Maybe even Andre Smith too.

He's been injured, so you could call him an Injury Bust, but the fact of the matter is that he hasn't lived up to the expectations of a second overall pick.

Smith has also had one of the worst o-line coaches in history.
armageddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll say Nick Toon. The Saints seem to only hit on guys that go to schools I've never heard of (We picked a guy from Vagina in the 3rd round apparently).
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Herron is the only draft pick the Bengals made that i see having a hard time making the team.

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Every year, every team drafts players who fail, or simply don't meet expectations. Who do you think they'll be for your team, and why?

For the Steelers:

3rd round LB Sean Spence, Miami

I like his instincts and the energy with which he plays, but he's very small and struggles with shedding blocks. I think he's not a perfect fit for the 3-4, and if they stick him besides Timmons at some point, it will just be bad. I think he's a good ST player and solid depth at best, but I expect more from a 3rd rounder, since we've gotten some good picks there in recent years (most notably Mike Wallace).

7th round OT Kelvin Beachum, SMU

He's a good kid from what I've read, a good guy, but he's small and not very powerful, even downright soft at times. Will probably have to kick inside to guard, but with the other guys we acquired (DeCastro in the first, Mike Adams moves Willie Colon inside too) he probably won't have a roster spot and will make the practice squad for a year, before being released. I know it's a seventh rounder, but I expect next to nothing from him, another off-season body for us.
They say Beachum can Long Snap ... so he'll take the long snapper roster spot... but be able to provide oline help IF needed... that's at least what i read
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote