Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum

Tampa Bay Buccaneers Team Forum Discuss the Bucs

Old 04-27-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We've landed 2 pretty much guaranteed starters (David/Barron) and Martin who will split carries with Blount. I'm VERY happy!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And the selection of Barron likely keeps Barber at CB which makes CB less of a need.

In the old Tampa-2, the focus of the defense was up the middle, the 3-tech, the Will, the SS... and then the RDE and MLB. We now have some pretty good players up the middle in McCoy, David, and Barron. Clayborne might turn out ot be a pretty good (but unconventional) DE, hopefully, somebody can develop into a solid MLB.
brasho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm still hoping Mason can be that guy. Leading the D after no offseason/losing McCoy early to injury was always going to be tough for a rookie. Hopefully he can redeem himself this season.

Old 04-27-2012, 11:18 PM    (permalink
kBuc5
Rookie

kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.kBuc5 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brasho View Post
Yeah, kind of. Better than Eric Berry? No, different. Berry is more like Bob Sanders, flying around using his speed, Barron is more of a physical presence, like a mini-LB, kind of like Polamalu. He's not Troy, but he will be able to do some of the same things.
Mayock had a great quote on him "Barron's ceiling is a Pro Bowl Safety, his floor is a Pro Bowl Safety".
kBuc5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After looking at the Barron pick I love it. We have someone who will set the tone on D. Martin is how I like my Rb's short, rocked up and compacted. David is a little small for me, but he has what you should look for in all LBs a nose for the football.
bigbuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:58 AM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brasho is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I was pushing hard for Kuechly, and I still think he will be a beast in the NFL, but if I could compare the two possibilities, I think I go with our draft.

scenario if we had drafted Kuechly:
1) LB Kuechly
1) RB Martin
2) 2nd round safety?!?!?

instead we have:
1) SS Barron
1) RB Martin
2) LB David

Now I love Kuechly but i have to admit. SS Barron + LB David > LB Kuechly + 2nd round safety
Old 04-28-2012, 03:21 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my favorite drafts so far, great FA too and I am a huge fan of Freeman. Expect Saints to have a bad year and ATL is overrated. With an easy schedule you guys could very well make the playoffs.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Just got RB Michael Smith of Utah St. I was saying a prayer we would get him and we did. That is awesome. He could have an impact this season in the return game and as a pass receiver. He's 5'8 206 and ran 4.32. He split carries with Turbin but came up huge.
Old 04-28-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just got RB Michael Smith of Utah St. I was saying a prayer we would get him and we did. That is awesome. He could have an impact this season in the return game and as a pass receiver. He's 5'8 206 and ran 4.32. He split carries with Turbin but came up huge.
He's a very good scat back and a good receiver out of the back field. Great guy to compliment Blount and Martin

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know I was pushing hard for Kuechly, and I still think he will be a beast in the NFL, but if I could compare the two possibilities, I think I go with our draft.

scenario if we had drafted Kuechly:
1) LB Kuechly
1) RB Martin
2) 2nd round safety?!?!?

instead we have:
1) SS Barron
1) RB Martin
2) LB David

Now I love Kuechly but i have to admit. SS Barron + LB David > LB Kuechly + 2nd round safety
Now you're learning. When we witness Kecuhly get run over twice a year against us, I'll feel great we didn't make that pick.

Im loving our draft right now. Blount's carries are definately in jeopardy. Smith is the perfect 3rd down back/ lighting to our thunder and Muscle hamster. A 3 back system? Definately will wear teams down through all 4 quarters, which will open it up for Freeman to J-Jax :)
bucfan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:53 PM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bucfan12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
He's a very good scat back and a good receiver out of the back field. Great guy to compliment Blount and Martin
Schiano said he wants a physcial running attack that will open up the pass. Well, Martin/Blount/Smith could/will do that.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Drafted Michael Smith with the exact same pick in the forum mock, so I'm pretty happy :D

Old 04-29-2012, 01:16 PM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbuc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After drafting Smith in the 7th a team called us offering a 6th in 2013 for him... Dom said its the first time that he'd had that happen to him before
Old 04-29-2012, 04:50 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
After drafting Smith in the 7th a team called us offering a 6th in 2013 for him... Dom said its the first time that he'd had that happen to him before
Even more importantly, he said the rookie mini-camp/tryout camp starts Thursday. That's exciting!
Old 04-29-2012, 05:00 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
Now you're learning. When we witness Kecuhly get run over twice a year against us, I'll feel great we didn't make that pick.

:)
I'm "learning"? At the time the draft started we had our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks. There was no way we could get a quality LB, RB, and S with those picks. The trades changed everything. If it were just Barron and no David then I would have been extremely disappointed. You probably wanted us to throw away our draft like the Browns did (for giving away the 3rd pick overall, a 4th, 5th, and 7th, and another 1st on a RB (who I don't care how good he is at that price) and a 28 year old QB who played mostly out of the spread and had the advantage of playing with the 6th over pick WR.

BTW, if you don't like Kuechly, you'll hate David. He's Kuechly-lite. Almost as tall, almost as fast, almost as productive, same kind of wrap and drag down tackler. I love him... the Bucs love him... which means they still favor the same productive and field fast LBs over the bigger and more athletically llmited LBs you prefer (thumpers). FYI, Derrick Brooks wasn't a thumper, he did okay.
Old 04-29-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Something I thought about as the Vikings were trying to rip-off/hold hostage the rest of the league. What were the chances they took Claiborne? The more I thought about it, the more I didn't think they would. Yes, they needed CBs... but with Lesile Frazier their coach, they still run a version of the T-2... and how often to teams that run a T-2 draft a CB in the top half of round 1 (never), let alone top 5? T-2 teams invest early and often in their pass rush and up the middle, WLB, SS, MLB and use the 2nd and beyond to find CBs that have ball skills and can tackle.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
bigbuc
Veteran

Let's not bring Derrick Brooks into this.... The guy was one of the best LBs of all time. If David ends up half the player Brooks was the Bucs should be very happy.
Old 04-30-2012, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Might as well get used to Derrick Brooks comparison every time we bring in a new WLB. It won't stop for a while unfortunately.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:22 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I'm "learning"? At the time the draft started we had our 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round picks. There was no way we could get a quality LB, RB, and S with those picks. The trades changed everything. If it were just Barron and no David then I would have been extremely disappointed. You probably wanted us to throw away our draft like the Browns did (for giving away the 3rd pick overall, a 4th, 5th, and 7th, and another 1st on a RB (who I don't care how good he is at that price) and a 28 year old QB who played mostly out of the spread and had the advantage of playing with the 6th over pick WR.

BTW, if you don't like Kuechly, you'll hate David. He's Kuechly-lite. Almost as tall, almost as fast, almost as productive, same kind of wrap and drag down tackler. I love him... the Bucs love him... which means they still favor the same productive and field fast LBs over the bigger and more athletically llmited LBs you prefer (thumpers). FYI, Derrick Brooks wasn't a thumper, he did okay.
David is a beast. zEven though hes 233 he never played like it. hes fearless relentless and got off blocks well and shot through gaps. David is nothing like Keuchly. Keuchly isnt as physical and is good at dropping back into zone coverage at MLB , aka Barrett Ruud.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:25 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Something I thought about as the Vikings were trying to rip-off/hold hostage the rest of the league. What were the chances they took Claiborne? The more I thought about it, the more I didn't think they would. Yes, they needed CBs... but with Lesile Frazier their coach, they still run a version of the T-2... and how often to teams that run a T-2 draft a CB in the top half of round 1 (never), let alone top 5? T-2 teams invest early and often in their pass rush and up the middle, WLB, SS, MLB and use the 2nd and beyond to find CBs that have ball skills and can tackle.
With our draft, something tells me we're running more of a traditional tampa 2 style. Leonard Johnson was a steal btw as a udfa
Old 04-30-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
bucfan12
Pro Bowler

If we go MLB next year, this is the guy you want, not Luke Keuchly...

http://youtu.be/IK20TaJ7Ixs

Can you imagine this lineup in the future:

WLB: David
MIKE: Teo
SLB: Foster
Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys 5th rd. WR Danny Coale did NOT get the Intriguing rating from McShay, but got the Impact rating instead:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowbo...he-most-impact

He didn't light it up at Va. Tech, but running those 4.3s 40s got the attention of pro scouts. He will make the roster as slot receiver, mark it down now.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bofadabizzles
Veteran

bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bofadabizzles is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kBuc5 View Post
Mayock had a great quote on him "Barron's ceiling is a Pro Bowl Safety, his floor is a Pro Bowl Safety".
Barron is John Lynch approved as well...

"Now, that's what I'm talking about," Lynch wrote of Barron in his report. "This is a big-time game-changing football player. My own opinion (I know he's hot), is that if he slips and you see an opportunity to go get him, do. This is guy is a start and top-line right now. He will definitely impact a team.

"What do I like so much? Everything. He sees things well. He recognizes and reacts quickly. He has very good athletic ability. He tackles well in space. He demonstrates great ball skills.

"In addition, he's nasty. He finishes, and he finishes violently."

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/footb...barron/1227167
bofadabizzles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:47 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuc View Post
Let's not bring Derrick Brooks into this.... The guy was one of the best LBs of all time. If David ends up half the player Brooks was the Bucs should be very happy.
Right... which is my point. Brooks wasn't known as a thumper, yet he did pretty well for himself.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
brasho
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucfan12 View Post
David is a beast. zEven though hes 233 he never played like it. hes fearless relentless and got off blocks well and shot through gaps. David is nothing like Keuchly. Keuchly isnt as physical and is good at dropping back into zone coverage at MLB , aka Barrett Ruud.
Mayock seems to think Kuechly is the best he'd ever seen. I thought he was good at it. I see a ton of similarities between those two... and I don't mind a bit.