Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-29-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
after that game where he played like a million snaps I said his versatility should make him a 3rd rounder and I got **** on. But you know... :D

and Logan's legit. He's your boy, you've loved him since day 1. I'm still hoping Khaseem bulks up and keeps his speed. He's my boy.
I hope Greene does well. It's so easy to root for the "Rutgers" type players because they aren't me first. That's reality what Schiano brought there and I can't thank him enough for making them so easy to root for even though we've been just average except for the 1 year. You really want them to do well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well Sanu is also. A lot of people think that he reads defenses better than the QB. He really would have been perfect for our system. I really thought our FO would have loved him. I wish I could hear their thoughts on why they passed.
I really did like Sanu alot, and the homer in me wanted him over Randle, but I understand the Randle pick. Like I said earlier, ultimately, he's just the better player.

Look at it this way, the Bucs are going to run the same offense that we run, and they need a WR too. With Schiano knowing Sanu, why didn't he try to get him in the 3rd? (Schiano had a great draft btw, I think Schiano is going to be a great NFL coach, i love everything about him).

Randle still has room to grow athletically as well. He's "raw" in that sense. I think Sanu is pretty much maxed out athletically.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks to you hyping up Logan Ryan scotty I have included him in my 2013 mock I posted. Could have had him going earlier, but don't know enough about him.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:19 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Thanks to you hyping up Logan Ryan scotty I have included him in my 2013 mock I posted. Could have had him going earlier, but don't know enough about him.
Logan is Zak's boy. I still remember loving Givens and Zak'll tell you how he panned out haha. He's just so solid in every aspect of the game. With Hosley, we won't need him, but if you guys get a chance to catch some RU games, take a look at Ryan. Stud CB in the making.

Beauharnis and Greene are my man crushes, both LB'ers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea it's a shame we took CB this year cause next years class looks stacked, but it's ok cause Hosley will be a stud and we can focus on other areas. I know it's early, but I think DE and S are our biggest needs next year.

Old 04-29-2012, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea it's a shame we took CB this year cause next years class looks stacked, but it's ok cause Hosley will be a stud and we can focus on other areas. I know it's early, but I think DE and S are our biggest needs next year.
CB is the one position where you could literally take one every year at some point in the draft.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DE, S, LB, OT, TE, DT

I really hope we re-sign Kenny. Look at how high Barron and Smith got overdrafted bc teams are so desperate for versatile safeties. We have 2 guys. Most teams wish they had 1.

Kenny may not ever become the top 3 safety we thought he'd be before his knee surgery, but he's still a great FS. One of the best deep FS in the game, and he's great in TE coverage too. You can't put a price on that.

I really hope we find a way to keep him.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want a god damn mother ******* blue chip, first round, offensive lineman.

is that so hard to ask for?
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
i want a god damn mother ******* blue chip, first round, offensive lineman.

is that so hard to ask for?
With this team...yes. I think the closest we got was being very high on both Pounceys

Old 04-29-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well Sanu is also. A lot of people think that he reads defenses better than the QB. He really would have been perfect for our system. I really thought our FO would have loved him. I wish I could hear their thoughts on why they passed.
The thing I didn't like about Sanu is I feel like his upside was limited. I feel at the very best he could be a solid number 2/possession guy.

Which is very good, but at the end of the day I'd rather take my chance on a size/speed combination guy like Randle.

That way he gives us another potential threat and if someone like Cruz or Nicks ever left we open ourselves up to having a legit replacement. I just like Randle more in terms of upside. He can get better separation and has superior size and quickness.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I really did like Sanu alot, and the homer in me wanted him over Randle, but I understand the Randle pick. Like I said earlier, ultimately, he's just the better player.

Look at it this way, the Bucs are going to run the same offense that we run, and they need a WR too. With Schiano knowing Sanu, why didn't he try to get him in the 3rd? (Schiano had a great draft btw, I think Schiano is going to be a great NFL coach, i love everything about him).

Randle still has room to grow athletically as well. He's "raw" in that sense. I think Sanu is pretty much maxed out athletically.
I don't know about Schiano. I think he's a great great defensive coord. but he did make a lot of strange decisions in the course of the game. He did improve a lot in that aspect the last few years so I think he'll continue to. I don't know if his rah-rah mantra will work with NFL players. We'll see.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2012, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Watching him and you'll fall in love. He's shutdown but he also is very good in the run game and can even blitz a little. I hope he continues to do well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-29-2012, 11:44 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Disliked the Giants.. but now I guess I gotta say... Go Giants!.. When they aren't playing the Falcons.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Scott might be our power back but none of the guys we have are "power backs." Wilson can't pick up a blitz and fumbles a lot which are 2 things Coughlin hates. He has some upside but Ingram will have to coach him up big time.
Wilson blocks fine and runs extremely hard.

It's his vision and ball security that are the alarming issues with him.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember when we were all pissed when we took Nicks over Britt. Just saying...
Old 04-30-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Not all of us. I wanted Nicks over Britt.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:25 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

to be fair, I liked nicks and Britt has been spectacular as well. Not as good as nicks, but before the injury he was doing awesome, so it's not like he's some slouch or bust at all
Quote:
Old 04-30-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Wilson blocks fine and runs extremely hard.

It's his vision and ball security that are the alarming issues with him.

Disliked the Giants.. but now I guess I gotta say... Go Giants!.. When they aren't playing the Falcons.
I think we can fix his ball security issues, and let's see how the vision part works out. I like the north/south explosive ability he has.

You can still root for us when we play the Falcons. No one will think anything less of you! : P
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
to be fair, I liked nicks and Britt has been spectacular as well. Not as good as nicks, but before the injury he was doing awesome, so it's not like he's some slouch or bust at all
He's not a bust but Reese made the right choice there. I just was thinking about this after all the Sanu complaining. But in this instance it is clear the NFL didn't look at Sanu the same way some of us here did.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:48 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I had them as 1A and 1B. But I liked Nicks more bc of he reminded me of a poor man's Fitz.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Reese had Britt completely off his draft board. He felt that he'd be trouble in NJ bc he'd be surrounded by his thug friends.

And he was right. Every offseason Britt gets in trouble when he comes to NJ. He'd be a disaster for us. Great player on the field, but he's constantly getting in trouble off of it.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:13 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NY Giants defensive end Osi Umenyiora rips GM Jerry Reese, saying GM is making him look like 'greedy pig'

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz1tXLvsmip

Quote:
One day after the Giants’ GM insisted the team has offered Umenyiora a contract extension in each of the last two seasons, the unhappy defensive end fired back, saying Reese was distorting the truth to make him look like “a greedy pig.” In an email to the Daily News on Sunday, Umenyiora said the Giants’ offer last summer wasn’t actually an extension, and their offer this year wasn’t much of an offer at all. Umenyiora didn’t go as far as he did last spring, when he accused Reese of being a liar in a court affidavit, but his anger was still clear.

“Last year I was offered incentives. This year they offered me in guaranteed money, HALF of what they just gave Kiwi guaranteed. HALF,” Umenyiora wrote. “I’m not making that up. Then Jerry tells the world they offered me an extension and I turned it down. And I look like a greedy pig for turning it down. Hilarious.”
Old 04-30-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wanted Nicks AND Britt, but I wanted Nicks and Braylon second. Britt didn't show the hands that Nicks had and I loved Nicks's open field running

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I wanted Britt but I was not nearly as upset as I was this year passing up the Rutgers WR. I was very high on Nicks also so I didn't mind that pick as well. Like BBD said Britt might have got into a lot of trouble had he stayed local. Reese definitely did the right thing there. Britt is still a monster WR also though so let's not downgrade his game.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-30-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

Goff to the Redskins