Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-29-2012, 08:38 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

UFA that should make the team

Ryan Lee, OG,... 40 reps bench press ... 5 sec 40

Robert Golden, CB/S ...

Maruis Maze, WR/KR ...

Alex Tanney, QB .... he has ridiculous Stats throughout his career

AConnor Dixon... 6'5 and runs like a 4.4

Last edited by Cbrunn : 04-29-2012 at 11:06 PM.
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

EDIT: Too late lol.

Robert Golden:

Old 04-29-2012, 08:48 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lyons other than Height doesn't offer much. I wouldn't want to waste a spot like that. If he could play ST as well then i would think about it.

At 6'8 he probably doesn't have the hips and speed to get free off of coverage. Unless we are 2 yrds from the endzone, he wouldn't really be effective.
Old 04-29-2012, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Lyons other than Height doesn't offer much. I wouldn't want to waste a spot like that. If he could play ST as well then i would think about it.

At 6'8 he probably doesn't have the hips and speed to get free off of coverage. Unless we are 2 yrds from the endzone, he wouldn't really be effective.
yeah i had to edit it i forgot about conner dixion ...

Jakey i don't know how to make them come up like yours...mine just show up as links
Old 04-29-2012, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
yeah i had to edit it i forgot about conner dixion ...

Jakey i don't know how to make them come up like yours...mine just show up as links
Put [youtube]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/yout ube]

With the link inside, and no space in "YouTube."

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 09:46 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Put [youtube]xxxxxxxxxxxxx[/yout ube]

With the link inside, and no space in "YouTube."
i give up i tried ... couldn't get it to work... it looked like it wanted to work but the video wouldn't come up ... lol oh well
Old 04-29-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Tanney...he was a star at a very small Illinois high school.

Any chance he could stick?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
i give up i tried ... couldn't get it to work... it looked like it wanted to work but the video wouldn't come up ... lol oh well
where he wrote xxxx copy in, whatever its says after the = sign.

so youtube.com/dsfg23423=abac

[youtube]abac[/you tube
Old 04-29-2012, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post

Long shot. The team just resigned both Byron Leftwich and Charlie Batch, so maybe he could stick on the practice squad and then be the #3 when Batch retires or something.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-29-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
where he wrote xxxx copy in, whatever its says after the = sign.

so youtube.com/dsfg23423=abac

[youtube]abac[/you tube
ahhh it works ... lol....thanks
Old 04-29-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post

I hope so ... cut batch or Leftwhich and save some cap ... rookie min. is what like 350k ... Vet min has to be more then that ... and i'm not sure if they both signed for the Vet min or not
Old 04-29-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Yeah but both are more experienced and Ben seems to always miss a game or two.

I was hoping old man Batch would retire by now.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:40 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly believe only Drew Butler, Robert Golden, and one of the OLBs we brought in will able to make the team. The others ones MIGHT be PS.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

We need a return man. With Brown now starting, I don't think they want to risk injury to him.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.David Decastro OG Stanford- This is just an absolute game changer on offense. I could see myself getting a decastro jersey very soon, i had him as the 6th best player in the entire draft and just advocated a trade up for him so hard....the idea of him falling all the way to 24 seems out of the realm of possibility.

2.Mike Adams Ohio State-I love this pick, i had Adams mocked in my final mock draft to the steelers in the second round. The weed was just not a deal breaker, they met with him enough to know enough about him and they got their guy. He and gilbert will compete to start on each side....i wonder who they like more at LT at first glance? Dream lineup is Adams, Decastro, Pouncey, Colon, Gilbert.....just goes from marginally servicable to dominant that quickly

3.Sean Spence LB Miami-I do actually like it. Hes small but they tend to draft smaller MLBs and make them grow into the position. at the very least he can be a ST phenom with the likes of cortez allen and sly. Our ST unit could be among the leagues best and he provides nice depth as a nicke; backer

4.Alameda Ta'mu DT Washington-Incredible value....would have taken him in the second but wouldnt have been shocked if he was taken in the first. A true replacement for casey hampton, probably a more sure thing that poe and less of an injuiry than chapman. Has made a career of making players look better than they are....watch what he can do when every player around him is supremely talented. Keisel, Heyward, the linebackers, and ESPECIALLY hood should be in love with this pick

5.Chris Rainey RB Florida-This pick i didnt see coming, but hes a haley type back (who drafted mccluster in round 2 last year) and will probably win the third down back spot, but also be used out wide and take antonio brown out of the return game.

7.Toney Clemons WR Colorado-This pick seemed like it was going to happen for a while now....cant complain

7.David Paulson TE Oregon-same as above, late round rumors of him to the steelers

7.Terrance Fredrick CB Texas A&M-ehhhhhhhhhhhh, with minnifield and harris still on the board i dont really agree

7.Kelvin Beachum OG SMU-not a clue

one sexy ass draft class though, 3 players will start very early
Old 04-30-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate you guys so much. Best draft in the league IMO, along with Seattle. (As a Broncos fan, I think Irvin is a Von miller quality guy, and Turbin was my favorite prospect this year) Decastro and Adams. Wow. You guys will have the best o-line in the league for years. Rainey is a madden weapon if nothing else. Spence is gonna be a good one despite the fact that i don't think he fits in a 3-4.

Last edited by Jimmy : 04-30-2012 at 11:39 AM.
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:39 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

I hope Rainey ends up as our dynamic returner.
Old 04-30-2012, 12:33 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
1.David Decastro OG Stanford- This is just an absolute game changer on offense. I could see myself getting a decastro jersey very soon, i had him as the 6th best player in the entire draft and just advocated a trade up for him so hard....the idea of him falling all the way to 24 seems out of the realm of possibility.

2.Mike Adams Ohio State-I love this pick, i had Adams mocked in my final mock draft to the steelers in the second round. The weed was just not a deal breaker, they met with him enough to know enough about him and they got their guy. He and gilbert will compete to start on each side....i wonder who they like more at LT at first glance? Dream lineup is Adams, Decastro, Pouncey, Colon, Gilbert.....just goes from marginally servicable to dominant that quickly

3.Sean Spence LB Miami-I do actually like it. Hes small but they tend to draft smaller MLBs and make them grow into the position. at the very least he can be a ST phenom with the likes of cortez allen and sly. Our ST unit could be among the leagues best and he provides nice depth as a nicke; backer

4.Alameda Ta'mu DT Washington-Incredible value....would have taken him in the second but wouldnt have been shocked if he was taken in the first. A true replacement for casey hampton, probably a more sure thing that poe and less of an injuiry than chapman. Has made a career of making players look better than they are....watch what he can do when every player around him is supremely talented. Keisel, Heyward, the linebackers, and ESPECIALLY hood should be in love with this pick

5.Chris Rainey RB Florida-This pick i didnt see coming, but hes a haley type back (who drafted mccluster in round 2 last year) and will probably win the third down back spot, but also be used out wide and take antonio brown out of the return game.

7.Toney Clemons WR Colorado-This pick seemed like it was going to happen for a while now....cant complain

7.David Paulson TE Oregon-same as above, late round rumors of him to the steelers

7.Terrance Fredrick CB Texas A&M-ehhhhhhhhhhhh, with minnifield and harris still on the board i dont really agree

7.Kelvin Beachum OG SMU-not a clue

one sexy ass draft class though, 3 players will start very early
yeah i i think we are on the same page for the most part

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Burden
Rookie

Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Burden is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post
yeah i i think we are on the same page for the most part
Beachum is supposed to be a high character guy. He was on the student board of directors at his school and was a leader in the locker room. He may be a sleeper to make this team as O-Line depth. Plays 4 out of the 5 O-Line positions.
Burden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 02:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Swing man, we had a few UDFA make our roster, given not much was in front of them. So same could happen.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Beachum is said to be able to Long Snap as well ... so he makes the team as long snapper , but can help if needed on the Oline ...

just what I've read

and the roster has expanded ... and i'd like some of these guys to make the team because of that...and because of salary issues ...

no point in having a vet. min. guy at the end of the bench worth i think like 1 mill ... when you can have same quality in rookie at like 350k ... that opens up a good bit of cap room
Old 04-30-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

ala... Will Allen 2011 cap hit was 1,590,000 (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/02...urrent-roster/) so i'm guessing that will go up for 2012 (not released yet, or i can't find it) ...

Robert Golden 350k ... 1,590,000 - 350k = 1.24 mill in cap savings ... maybe a little less for a signing bonus, but i doubt UFA get a signing bonus

Last edited by Cbrunn : 04-30-2012 at 02:39 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:36 PM    (permalink
DeeboHarrison
Rookie

DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.DeeboHarrison hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Don't froget Troy Smith is currently on the roster and in the QB battle as well. We are def keeping one of Leftwich/Batch (probably both) but Troy could unseat one of them as the 3rd QB.
DeeboHarrison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Time to move on to 2013! :D

Quick mock:

1. ILB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Pairing this guy with Timmons would give us our starting ILBs for the next 8 years. A hammer in the middle, he's great vs. the run and would be the perfect complement to Timmons, as opposed to Sean Spence who is more like Timmons-lite.

2. OT Seantrel Henderson*, Miami
I know we just drafted Mike Adams this year and we've got Gilbert, but this kid could be something else. He's been injured and hasn't really lived up to the hype in Miami, but he's still got one more year and more importantly, the physical tools needed to be the next Orlando Pace or Jonathan Ogden. For real, that's how good he could be. He's a junior, but I think he declares and he could/probably will wind up in the first round.

3. S Ray Ray Armstrong, Miami
Another Miami Hurricane, I don't think he's as good as people say he is, but he's still got some skills. We need safeties for the future and I think we could mold him to replace Ryan Clark.

4. DT Baker Steinkuhler, Nebraska
D-line depth never hurts.

5. CB Travis Howard, Ohio State
Same for CB, I think we've got our starters and nickel with Curtis Brown, Cortez Allen, and Keenan Lewis, but we still need depth.

6. P Jackson Rice, Oregon
I'm not the biggest Jeremy Kapinos fan, so let's get some competition.

7. K Dustin Hopkins, Florida State
Same for Suisham.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-30-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Draft isn't bad, but Ray Ray is meh to me. I want TJ McDonald BAD next year. If Redman, Dwyer, Clay, Batch, etc all falter, wouldn't mind Eddie Lacy or even Marcus Lattimore in the first neither.

My first two picks would go TJ McDonald and Kevin Reddick. Get that FS to replace Clark and could even play SS when Polamalu gets hurt and then get our MLB if Sly isn't the answer.