Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-30-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default The 2013 Cowboys Draft Thread

1. Eric Reid S 6-2/208 LSU – He’s big, has good speed, and real ball skills. A lot of the draft websites aren’t really talking about him or I am seriously overrating him. He’s by far my favorite 2013 prospect.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle...CLID=204879620

2. William Gholston OLB/DE 6-7/280 Michigan State – This kid is a physical freak. Picture Julius Peppers or Mario Williams with Ray Lewis’ attitude. The Spartans were so desperate to get him on the field as a freshman they played him at Middle Linebacker. Mean kid has to learn to temper his emotions.

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...william00.html

3. Jarvis Jones OLB 6-3/241 Georgia – Former Trojan was told by USC doctors he may not be able to play again. Went home to Georgia and started terrorizing SEC quarterbacks. Would be an ideal complement to DeMarcus Ware.

http://www.georgiadogs.com/sports/m-..._jarvis00.html

4. Jesse Williams NT/DE 6-4/319 Alabama – Fierce Australian who forced his way into Alabama’s starting line-up (Josh Chapman started at Nose Tackle) in 2011. Should move back to his natural position this year.

http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-foo...s_jesse00.html

5. Manti Te’o ILB 6-2/255 Notre Dame – This all depends on whether Bruce Carter works out. Ideally, in a 3-4, you want your SILB to be a thick, physical kid who can take on blockers. Teo would allow Sean Lee to play WILB, which would free him up to make even more plays.

http://www.und.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/teo_manti00.html

6. TJ McDonald S 6-3/205 USC – The son of former Pro Bowl safety Tim McDonald, TJ has been an effective playmaker at USC. He’s a big hitter, has a nose for the ball, and studies film like a quarterback. He makes up for a lack of elite speed by positioning himself in the right spots and reading offenses.

http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-f...nald_tj00.html

7. Tony Jefferson S 5-10/199 Oklahoma – Another playmaker. Oklahoma has used him at linebacker against the Big 12’s spread offenses but he is a natural safety and most feel will be the first one selected in 2013.

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m...on_tony00.html

8. Levine Toilolo TE 6-8/263 Stanford – Six foot eight. Enough said. Seriously, he’s a more physical Jimmy Graham and would be ideal to be groomed as Jason Witten’s successor.

http://www.gostanford.com/sports/m-f..._levine00.html

9. Kenny Vaccaro S 6-1/215 Texas – More of a 2nd or 3rd round pick, another playmaking safety. He will need to continue to improve his coverage skills but he is a punishing hitter.

http://www.texassports.com/sports/m-...o_kenny00.html

10. Devon Kennard OLB/DE 6-3/260 USC – The son of former Cowboy offensive lineman Derek Kennard, it would be a dream come true for Devon to play for Dallas. While at USC, he has played or started at LDE, RDE, MLB, and SLB, so his versatility could pay off in Rob Ryan’s scheme. He could also back-up several positions while he develops into an eventual starter.

http://www.usctrojans.com/sports/m-f...d_devon00.html

Last edited by cmd34 : 04-30-2012 at 07:11 PM.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can anyone tell me why the image thing isn't working?

Do I have to be approved or reach a certain number of posts before I can post pics?
Old 04-30-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkevious 'KeKe' Mingo

i think he's gonna be a top 8 pick next year, he's the most explosive de i've ever seen since ware. he still raw in terms of pass rush moves but you can't coach his raw physical tools. if the cowboys can get this guy its over, him and ware gonna dominate
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the #1 Draft Pick, the Cowboys select:

Last edited by D-Unit : 12-17-2012 at 06:40 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

1. Vaccaro

2. David Amerson

atm
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
1. Vaccaro

2. David Amerson

atm
Amerson is good, but I really don't think we're gonna be drafting a CB in Round 1 next year.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Im_a_Romosexual wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

hmm I thought he was a safety
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
hmm I thought he was a safety
He started at CB for the Wolfpack last year, but you do make a good point about the posibility of him moving to Safety since he has the size for it.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
He started at CB for the Wolfpack last year, but you do make a good point about the posibility of him moving to Safety since he has the size for it.

He is actually a legit 6'3" cornerback. I thought safety too when I first read about him and then I watched him play.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd34 View Post
He is actually a legit 6'3" cornerback. I thought safety too when I first read about him and then I watched him play.
Alright, cool. Thanks for the impression.

Wouldn't surprise me if this becomes a debate that will follow him throughout the season though.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bjoern "The Berlin Wall" Werner comes out early next year that's the guy I want.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
If Bjoern "The Berlin Wall" Werner comes out early next year that's the guy I want.
Never heard of him... Who is that?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:01 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

Quote:
http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-fo..._bjoern00.html

6'4", 272 lb. DE from Florida State. I'm not sure if he'd be a big OLB or have to bulk up and play DE in a 3-4.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I was thinking along the lines of OL, NT or FS.

So I like Barrett Jones, Star Lotulelei, Jessie Williams, Johnathan Hankins, Kwame Geathers, TJ McDonald, Tony Jefferson, Bacarri Rambo or Eric Reid.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd34 View Post
http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-fo..._bjoern00.html

6'4", 272 lb. DE from Florida State. I'm not sure if he'd be a big OLB or have to bulk up and play DE in a 3-4.

Probably have to bulk up a little to play 5-Tech. How big is Justin Smith from the 9ers? That's who he reminds me of as a prospect.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I was thinking along the lines of OL, NT or FS.

So I like Barrett Jones, Star Lotulelei, Jessie Williams, Johnathan Hankins, Kwame Geathers, TJ McDonald, Tony Jefferson, Bacarri Rambo or Eric Reid.
Lotulelei is intriguing but unless we finish with a top 10 pick I don't think we'll have a shot at him, which sucks. He's right up there with Ngata and Raji as NT prospects.

Safety class is loaded, it's the best one I can remember in quite some time. There are 4 maybe 5 guys I like better than I did Mark Barron this year, so I'm all for that. McDonald, Jefferson, Reid, Vacarro, Rambo... and that's just off the top of my head.

I wouldn't rule out OLB either, there are some freakish edge rushers in this class too. Outside of the popular names like Jarvis Jones, Mingo, Barkevious, Gholston, etc.. I'm intrigued by Oregon's Dion Jordan, 6'7 245 with a pterodactyl wingspan and reported 4.4 speed.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Yeah, I'm already excited about next year's draft! It sounds so LOADED!!!

Heck... we might even get a QB! Who knows?
Old 05-01-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I'm intrigued by Oregon's Dion Jordan, 6'7 245 with a pterodactyl wingspan and reported 4.4 speed.

im gonna be lookin out for this guy in the fall
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Khaled Holmes (C): May be a bit of a stretch, but Holmes is by far the best center in the class. It also helps that he played different positions on the offensive line, which shows versatility. Has great technique, strength and football intelligence. Obtained a lot of experience. Expect a late first-round pickup.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Sup Holmes?! haha. Great mention! But I think Barrett Jones from Alabama will fight with him for the top spot. He also has played multiple positions along the line.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

A little info on Khaled. His older brother Alex played TE for USC and was in the NFL briefly.

His sister is married to Troy Polamalu.

If we are drafting late in the 1st I would be every happy to draft Holmes and end this Costa debacle.
Old 06-25-2012, 01:03 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For all you Ray Ray Armstrong fans. Pretty harsh words in this.

http://nflmocks.com/2012/06/21/ray-r...couting-report

Quote:
Miami strong safety Ray-Ray Armstrong is considered, by most draft gurus, to be a first or second round prospect in next year’s draft. But there is absolutely no way that anyone who has seen him play believes that he actually has a future in the NFL. I have never seen a player touted as a “future 1st round pick” who is as horrific as Armstrong is on film. And I saw Vontaze Burfict before his draft stock fell. Armstrong is a joke, and, if he actually gets drafted as high as everyone says he will (which I doubt), he will be a major bust in the NFL.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 07-01-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
For all you Ray Ray Armstrong fans. Pretty harsh words in this.

http://nflmocks.com/2012/06/21/ray-r...couting-report
He supposedly just got suspended indefinitely:

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=CFB&id=131306&line=20 121&spln=1
Old 07-15-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 NFL Draft

I not going to put names so far in future, but I think next year's draft will be exactly what we want. Their will be some OLB/DE and some good safeties coming out and well as around 4-5 QB who will move some players down the board. I think we need to keep 2 QB this year and next year you draft a good QB if one is there in the 1st Round.

I think next year we can get our next OLB or Safety in round 1. I also think their is plenty of depth at D-Line as to take one in Round 2. I just think next year draft offers so much of what we need in terms of at the top of the draft.

I really like the Safeties coming up next year and I think we can have another solid draft.
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 12:53 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1 View Post
I not going to put names so far in future, but I think next year's draft will be exactly what we want. Their will be some OLB/DE and some good safeties coming out and well as around 4-5 QB who will move some players down the board. I think we need to keep 2 QB this year and next year you draft a good QB if one is there in the 1st Round.

I think next year we can get our next OLB or Safety in round 1. I also think their is plenty of depth at D-Line as to take one in Round 2. I just think next year draft offers so much of what we need in terms of at the top of the draft.

I really like the Safeties coming up next year and I think we can have another solid draft.
What safeties do you like for us coming out next year?

Designs by me
Quote: