Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-30-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Spectre
Rookie

Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.Spectre could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
One way to look at it is this: Would you (or should I say, would an NFL team) trade a late first round pick (like #22 overall) for a 29 or 30 year old franchise QB who could be a part of a great offense?
Except that instead of a "franchise QB", we got a rookie. The problem with his age for me isn't that he's too old to play the position and has a limited shelf life, it's that if he doesn't develop immediately, he'll get dumped much quicker than a young guy. He's not going to get the development time that Eli/Rodgers/Brees got. No one develops 30 year olds.

If we end up doing as poorly as our schedule indicates we could and end up with the #1 pick because Weeden struggles like most rookies, there's a very, very legitimate chance that, provided there's a QB standout in 2013, we'll be using that pick on a QB ala the Panthers with Jimmah/Cam in 2010/2011.

If that's the case, we just flushed a stud at OL or a dynamic playmaker on offense down the crapper for what many realized beforehand was a poor investment. I hope for our sake Weeden pans out and gives us the 8 years number everyone has been inventing. If he doesn't, there's nothing but ugly and difficult choices ahead.
Spectre is offline   Reply With Quote