Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 04-25-2012, 10:10 PM    (permalink
DrunkenLament
Rookie

DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DrunkenLament is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Anyone else really excited about Diablo 3? I know there are a couple of huge Diablo fans here, so I'd love to add a few of you guys. I'm not sure if the friends list in the beta will carry over to the retail release, so maybe I should ask again when the game comes out. If anyone wants to share battletags, though, it'd be fun to get some groups together.

SirDigby#1658
Your friends list should be attached to your Battle.net account. So as long as you use the same account they'll be there.
DrunkenLament is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D3 beta was awful. I was the biggest Diablo fan boy of all time but now I'm not even buying the game. I don't feel like paying money to test their features for them.

And it comes out May 15th.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:41 PM    (permalink
SRK85
Rookie

SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SRK85 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I loved D3 open beta although, it was very short. I will definitely buy the game and customization seems deep. My battletag will be Manatee85#1772.

Go Bucs, Josh Freeman is a beast!
SRK85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Priest seemed pretty good and was kind of the opposite of how you'd expect a healing class to level early on (usually very slow). I would have liked to try archer, lancer, and slayer but I just didn't have time to play the game beyond a couple hours.
In my early research I am narrowed down to Lancer, Archer, Priest and Warrior.
Old 05-01-2012, 03:51 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had a run on Tera yet IBC? If so how is it?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I take it I'm the only one who still plays TOR around here? That's a shame, the content updates have been really good.The raids are a lot of fun, especially on hard mode and nightmare mode.

I'll be sticking with TOR as Tera seems like its going to be crap and meh I don't understand the love for GW2 other than being F2P. I really hate the idea of limiting your abilities to 10 at a time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
how? you make like, 4 choices about your character and it's almost always clear which one is better.
Lol yeah, the customization is such a ******* joke. It's one of the reasons I'm not hyped for this game at all.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
So I take it I'm the only one who still plays TOR around here? That's a shame, the content updates have been really good.The raids are a lot of fun, especially on hard mode and nightmare mode.

I'll be sticking with TOR as Tera seems like its going to be crap and meh I don't understand the love for GW2 other than being F2P. I really hate the idea of limiting your abilities to 10 at a time.
You need to do more research into the game if you think that's how it works.

Old 05-01-2012, 11:42 AM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
You need to do more research into the game if you think that's how it works.
Quote:
We've talked about the first five skills being determined by weapon and profession. What about the second five? These skills are all chosen by the player from a pool of skills determined by both profession and race. To slot a skill, a player simply clicks on a skill slot and it will bring up a list of skills that can be put into that slot. One of these slots is dedicated to healing skills that replenish the health of the character and his allies
Oh really? I don't think I do.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Oh really? I don't think I do.
Yes, you really do. You can weapon switch at any time which gives you NEW ABILITIES. It sure was hard to find that information too. It's an INSTANT switch. It's like if you're playing WoW and you want a new action bar. It's limited thinking saying "I only have 10 at a time" when you can easily and instantly switch your bar.

And TOR is your game if you want five action bars filled with crap. Enjoy that, sir.

Last edited by vidae : 05-01-2012 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:08 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yes, you really do. You can weapon switch at any time which gives you NEW ABILITIES. It sure was hard to find that information too. It's an INSTANT switch. It's like if you're playing WoW and you want a new action bar. It's limited thinking saying "I only have 10 at a time" when you can easily and instantly switch your bar.

And TOR is your game if you want five action bars filled with crap. Enjoy that, sir.
Yes I know you can switch weapons for more abilities. But you can't use those without switching. 10 - 5 + 5 is still 10 if you didn't know. At any one time you can use 10 abilities unless you switch some abilities out. The fact that weapons give you abilities is even more absurd and ********.

I will enjoy tor while you enjoy being an aggressive butthurt douche.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 05-01-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Yes I know you can switch weapons for more abilities. But you can't use those without switching. 10 - 5 + 5 is still 10 if you didn't know. At any one time you can use 10 abilities unless you switch some abilities out. The fact that weapons give you abilities is even more absurd and ********.
The fact that weapons give you abilities is ******* awesome. How can anyone not like that? Each weapon choice changes how you play your character completely. I guess if you enjoy rehashed boring combat you won't like something new.

Last edited by vidae : 05-01-2012 at 12:18 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Did you even raid in tor? Your guild died so quickly I have a hard time seeing it. I guess you could have pugged EV. I guess you don't know how new updates and content get patched into mmos. Expecting no improvements or additions in an mmo is silly and tor has done that quite a bit already. I guess I expected more from all of your "mmo experience".

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 05-01-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:27 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Did you even raid in tor? Your guild died so quickly I have a hard time seeing it. I guess you could have pugged EV. I guess you don't know how new updates and content get patched into mmos. Expecting no improvements or additions in an mmo is silly and tor has done that quite a bit already. I guess I expected more from all of your "mmo experience".
I have 3 level 50s (Sith Assassin Tank, Operative Healer, Merc Healer) and I have raided everything at the highest possible difficulty level. Please educate me on how raiding in TOR goes? I do love the attempt at a veiled insult in that "I pugged EV" though. That was a cute attempt.

Oh, I also raided hardcore in World of Warcraft and EverQuest, both of which did raiding encounters and environments (until recently in WoW) better than anything TOR has done.

And these "improvements" you speak of were things that should have been in the game at launch.

I'd love to be "educated" by you on how MMOs work some more.

Last edited by vidae : 05-01-2012 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:39 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I have 3 level 50s (Sith Assassin Tank, Operative Healer, Merc Healer) and I have raided everything at the highest possible difficulty level. Please educate me on how raiding in TOR goes?

Oh, I also raided hardcore in World of Warcraft and EverQuest, both of which did raiding encounters and environments (until recently in WoW) better than anything TOR has done.

And these "improvements" you speak of were things that should have been in the game at launch.

I'd love to be "educated" by you on how MMOs work some more.
So you're comparing mmos that have been out 7+ years with one that's been out months? That's a lot of updates and changes wow and eq went through. Mmos grow after they are released. The current raids in tor are way better than what was available in wow and eq in their respective life cycle.

I too raided in wow and eq and I severely disagree with you. And lol at hardcore wow raiding. Unless you are speaking of sunwell there's nohing hardcore about raiding in wow.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 05-01-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nerd fight!
Old 05-01-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
So you're comparing mmos that have been out 7+ years with one that's been out months? That's a lot of updates and changes wow and eq went through. Mmos grow after they are released. The current raids in tor are way better than what was available in wow and eq in their respective life cycle.

I too raided in wow and eq and I severely disagree with you. And lol at hardcore wow raiding. Unless you are speaking of sunwell there's nohing hardcore about raiding in wow.
There is nothing about hardcore raiding in WoW NOW, that I agree with, but back in the day when MC and BWL were first released it was actually a bit challenging. Do you remember the original Gruul and Magtheridon encounters? Those were a ***** at the start. Obviously everything after BC has been a total crapshoot, but it was challenging at one time.

And I'm not comparing them 1 for 1, but at the start of WoW, MC was a LOT more challenging than EV or the original Karagga's Palace, which had -one boss- in it. And I don't think it's unheard of to expect a game who has seen the natural progression of raid content in EQ, WoW, Rift, etc.. to come out of the gate stronger than it's predecessors.

I don't think TOR is a bad game. I had the biggest nerd boner ever before that came out and I still genuinely enjoy a lot of the aspects of it. The new Legacy system is pretty amazing and the changes they've made have been good, but honestly, stuff like UI customization should have been in the game at launch. I don't award points for adding things that should have already existed, that's all.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

I don't think you are correctly remembering wow launch. They didn't have MC people had to raid UBRS. They didn't even have a true raid. But that's my point mmos evolve. Wow, for better or for worse, has had major changes in their raids from launch to their third expansion. And we agree that raiding after BC fell apart. Black temple an sunwell were such good raids that's it really is a shame.

Yes tor should have some of those features at launch but blizzard was worse at it IMO. It took them so long to add quest helper and where did thy get that idea? From the same place as all of their ui improvements and such came from, directly from the community addons.

As for them looking at predecessors, they definitely did. Having a functional game is much more important than initial raid content. People won't get to your content if the game is broken. Wow had a terrible launch but still managed to recover without raid content which is true, but if it wasn't for friends convincing me to come back after mc was released I probably wouldn't have touched the game again. Tor had such a dmooth launch that ive been patient. But look at launches like anarchy online and age of conan. Those were major flops.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 05-01-2012 at 01:22 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
I don't think you are correctly remembering wow launch. They didn't have MC people had to raid UBRS. They didn't even have a true raid. But that's my point mmos evolve. Wow, for better or for worse, has had major changes in their raids from launch to their third expansion. And we agree that raiding after BC fell apart. Black temple an sunwell were such good raids that's it really is a shame.

Yes tor should have some of those features at launch but blizzard was worse at it IMO. It took them so long to add quest helper and where did thy get that idea? From the same place as all of their ui improvements and such came from, directly from the community addons.

Ugh I hate typing on my phone.
Obviously when I said WoW launch I just meant early WoW. We used to raid UBRS with like 25-30 people, it was hilarious. I remember being the first person on the server with Ragebringer, which was epic at the time and pretty nuts.

And I don't disagree that WoW was worse at it, but SEEING how Blizzard handled it and seeing how other games have dealt with it, I expected Bioware/TOR to be better at it. For the first two months of the game the gd guild window didn't work.

I understand that launches don't go as planned. AO had the worst launch I've ever seen and it completely killed how that game turned out. TOR could have done better. And not even in raid content. I know that gets patched in, but the simple features. Meh. Whatever. At least they're trying to fix things now.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:21 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone stop bitching and watch the awesomeness

Old 05-01-2012, 01:23 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I just went through the co-op stuff on Portal 2 with a friend and it was jawesome.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Portal 2 is an outstanding game. It has some of the best and humorous writing I've seen in a game. Wheatley in singleplayer cracked me up. I'd even say hes funnier than GLaDOS. I believe the voice actor was also a co-creator of the original office.

Sig by Hitman D.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-01-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Coming from "King Halo"

Old 05-01-2012, 01:47 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Obviously when I said WoW launch I just meant early WoW. We used to raid UBRS with like 25-30 people, it was hilarious. I remember being the first person on the server with Ragebringer, which was epic at the time and pretty nuts.

And I don't disagree that WoW was worse at it, but SEEING how Blizzard handled it and seeing how other games have dealt with it, I expected Bioware/TOR to be better at it. For the first two months of the game the gd guild window didn't work.

I understand that launches don't go as planned. AO had the worst launch I've ever seen and it completely killed how that game turned out. TOR could have done better. And not even in raid content. I know that gets patched in, but the simple features. Meh. Whatever. At least they're trying to fix things now.
No, it wasn't obvious as you were comparing MC (added content later in launch) with the initial raids of TOR with one boss directly. You're comparing one launch with updates against another launch without updates. That isn't a fair comparison at all.

Could have TOR handled their launch better? Absolutely. Was it still the best launch for a MMO? Absolutely.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 05-01-2012 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Coming from "King Halo"

Hey I enjoy computer games. It was more commenting on the bickering between Vid and nrk.