Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-01-2012, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have faith right now, so far Caine and I believe Freeman have come out and said before they even started filming that they thought the script already surpassed TDK. I hope that's true, it would be nice to get a third movie that is actually better than the previous two for once in a trilogy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabears10 View Post
It's nearly impossible to be more exciting than a batman with The Joker. It may be impossible with the Heath Ledger Joker anticipation.
True. One thing I think may hurt this film is that it ties back to Batman Begins. Personally I like that aspect since I like the first film better, but a lot of people saw The Dark Knight and didn't even know it was a sequel, thus they never saw Batman Begins. That doesn't mean Nolan should have to work on a crutch like that, but at the same time I think a lot of people might be confused or whatever when elements of the first film come back into play. Hopefully, like The Dark Knight, this movie will have enough ground to stand on it's own.

Oh, and I'm assuming this Bane isn't going to bulk out like he does in the comics right? At first I was kind of disappointed (assuming this is the case), but at the same time if it puts more emphasis on who Bane really is (a very smart criminal mastermind) then I'm all for it. He's been used as just a dumb musclehead in far too many incarnations of Batman, getting away from his roots.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

watching In Time and i'm 22 mins in and **** this movie

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:55 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
watching In Time and i'm 22 mins in and **** this movie
I quite enjoyed that movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 05-01-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
I quite enjoyed that movie.
That movie was disappointing for me. I thought it had a lot of good ideas, but they were executed pretty poorly.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well certainly that is disappointing. But Amanda Seyfried and Justin Timberlake aren't bad to look at either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought In Time was ******* terrible. Andrew Nichol is so much better then that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

21 jump street is ******* hilarious

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:08 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

how did he go from 100ish hours to 1100 i know he won the hand but he shouldnt of had the 500 to begin with

Old 05-01-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I thought In Time was ******* terrible. Andrew Nichol is so much better then that.
Niccol has great premises and terrible execution. Even watching Gattaca it isn't as good as I thought it was. Truman Show is so good because he didn't direct it, just wrote it.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:11 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
how did he go from 100ish hours to 1100 i know he won the hand but he shouldnt of had the 500 to begin with
The other guys went in for a couple rounds before it was just head to head with Pete Campbell.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
SuperPacker
All-NFLDC

SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperPacker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Watched The Avengers earlier. Life is good.

RIP themaninblack
SuperPacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Expendables 2 pics

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got over Expendables when they kept Dolph Lundgren alive and blamed him turning on his friends on drugs. That was ******* stupid.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Chronicle pretty much sucked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
It was more ok or meh than anything. If you saw the trailer, you saw the whole damn movie minus like one cool part the very end.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No it didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
It was more ok or meh than anything. If you saw the trailer, you saw the whole damn movie minus like one cool part the very end.
The trailer gave away nothing. I honestly don't get why you keep saying that. It showed them using powers, that is it.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-01-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First person, hand held style and bad acting is a terrible recipe.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

The acting from the main 3 was not bad at all.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-01-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

The acting was fine I have no issue with that. The trailer however showed to the same extent the origin of their powers (nothing more was explained then what you saw in the trailer) and every cool part of them using their powers was shown as well minus one part. It showed you the main character had issues and cracked, and then obviously showed his snapping and rioting all over the town. All the action parts were seen in the trailer, the entire story was shown as well considering what I just said was pretty much the whole story (sure it obviously went more in depth with the character development than a trailer can but that should be obvious and it was not a super strong development of any of them either way). It just was ok, and again, I didn't get anything new out of it then what i already saw in the trailer. Explain to me what you didn't see in the trailer that was worth seeing in the theaters. Just from the trailer you got - a bunch of kids got powers, start using them for fun at first, one kid had issues, starts becoming more powerful, snaps and uses his powers to rob a gas station, fighting other friend with powers. That is literally the entire movie.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 05-01-2012 at 10:39 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

This kind of sums it up for me..

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The acting was fine I have no issue with that. The trailer however showed to the same extent the origin of their powers (nothing more was explained then what you saw in the trailer) and every cool part of them using their powers was shown as well minus one part. It showed you the main character had issues and cracked, and then obviously showed his snapping and rioting all over the town. All the action parts were seen in the trailer, the entire story was shown as well considering what I just said was pretty much the whole story (sure it obviously went more in depth with the character development than a trailer can but that should be obvious and it was not a super strong development of any of them either way). It just was ok, and again, I didn't get anything new out of it then what i already saw in the trailer. Explain to me what you didn't see in the trailer that was worth seeing in the theaters. Just from the trailer you got - a bunch of kids got powers, one had issues, starts becoming more powerful, snaps and uses his powers to rob a gas station, fighting other friend with powers. That is literally the entire movie.
Never did it show him robbing a gas station, never did it show him fighting with his friends, and never did it show anything other than he's troubled. Seriously, you are being ridiculous. The entire plot of the movie is that his family issues have driven him to document his life, and he and his cousin (whom is barely his friend) and the most popular kid in school acquire powers by happening upon a whole. He becomes more powerful (which isn't really shown, again) and understands his powers better. He acquires new popularity eventually, but all that does is push his issues more to the surface. You literally described a series of scenes but nothing that has any direct tie to the point of a movie.

I'm going to say this, but you are 100 percent wrong. Completely and utterly wrong.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-01-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It had Vince from Friday Night Lights shut your mouth.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Literally just showed everything I listed. But I am so utterly wrong that the trailer didn't show the whole premise of the movie. Of course it isn't going to show him rise to popularity, like are you kidding me listing that as one of the major scenes of the movie?

The trailer didn't show the exact nature of his home life, other than that everything I listed was shown in those trailers and I could probably keep finding trailers that show everything I listed- I had to put it up with watching them every Sunday during commercial breaks from football, i recall it pretty damn well.

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Jvig43 : 05-01-2012 at 11:00 PM.