Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 04-30-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Lewis is viewed as a DE by the Lions' brass.

And I don't remember Hogue doing a single thing last year.
Jonte Green is not that good and I have watched him his whole career. When Devon House was on the team, the teams always picked on Green. This last year wasn't too bad for him.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Asteinebach
Veteran

Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Asteinebach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Ronnell Lewis at defensive end. Arms are a little short, but he plays with a high level of intensity. Travis Lewis will play outside, and he'll likely just be special teams and a depth player. But he still plays with a full head of steam.

Again, I'm really excited about local prospect Chris Greenwood. I think he might have been the biggest sleeper pick for us. He's got great size, 4.35 speed, and some decent ball skills.

Is there anyone who expects anything from Ryan Broyles in his 1st year? As far as I know, he's starting the season on the PUP, and might even have to go onto the IR once the season starts. I can't imagine this guy being an impact player for us. He's also really small. 5'10" and 182lbs? He's never going to make it at the next level. But I'm sure we'll have tons of fun see Josh Robinson against the Vikings twice a year.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do think that Broyles will be a stud. I'm not worried about ACLs with slot wide receivers. Wes Welker wasn't slowed at all last season. Broyles is even walking and running now anyway. He just can't step in any cleat holes or anything on the field and continue rebuilding strength on it.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone else think the Bears had a pretty terrible draft? Not worried at all about that class.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Does anyone else think the Bears had a pretty terrible draft? Not worried at all about that class.
I'm concerned about Alshon classic boom or bust. But if he booms OH what a boom he will be. Shea will be productive as long as J Pep is on the other side. Nothing else really awes me.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 02:39 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I'm concerned about Alshon classic boom or bust. But if he booms OH what a boom he will be. Shea will be productive as long as J Pep is on the other side. Nothing else really awes me.
Alshon does not concern me to be honest. For starters he is a very poor mans Brandon Marshall already. Problem is, he is much slower than Marshall and when i say very poor i mean VERY poor version of him.

He won't get open. Seperation is a big issue for him and Cutler doesn't have good enough accuracy to drop it in to him IMO. I'm sure he will make some highlight catches here and there and may be an option in the endzone but he will have a hard time finding the field
Old 05-01-2012, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://blogs.detroitlions.com/2012/0...s-draft-picks/
jersey numbers

Riley Reiff #71

Ryan Broyles #84

Bill Bentley #28

Ronnell Lewis #97

Tahir Whitehead #59

Chris Greenwood #33

Jonte Green #36

Travis Lewis #50

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 05-02-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not a very scary draft in Chicago, I agree. But lke Detroit, they are getting a few key players back from injury (Cutler & Forte are like our Best, Delmas & Fairley) & a rookie T last year Gabe Carimi (like our RB Leshoure) who never played due to an early injury.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Personally, I think all the NFC North teams improved themselves, I don't like Jeffery for Chicago but McClellin is a perfect Cover 2 DE. Minny took Cleveland to the cleaners to move down one spot and still be guaranteed to get Kalil and Green Bay did quite well, so I don't think we lost or gained any ground in the draft.
We are a serious Super Bowl threat as long as injuries don't derail us.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, its kind of scary to think of what GB did last season with a very questionable defense.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, its kind of scary to think of what GB did last season with a very questionable defense.
I agree but I don't think their offense will be as incredible as they were. The Pack O was phenomenal last year. Rodgers will still have a very good year but I just can't see him doing that freakisly well again. 40 plus tds and onl 6 picks. 120 rating and high 60 some percent (was 70 some percent during the the first half). That won't happen again. More like 2010 and 2009 numbers for the Pack O which is still very good but not ridiculous. Bears twice, Saints, Houston, Giants, San Fran better bring their A games against the Pack to give them some losses and the Lions better split at least. Must stay healthy for that.

Also their D, is relying on two rookies and Peprah still. Cullen Jenkins did so much for that D. Jenkins numbers(sacks/hits/pressures) in 2010 were very very good and Raji had a very good year in 2010 and then a poor year in 2011(28 more sacks/hits/pressures combined by Raji in 2010 compared to 2011). Worthy down the line could be a Jenkins but as a rookie I just don't see Worthy being a Jenkins. Perry is talented and their pass rush will be better but it won't be 2010 D good, just middle of the pack. I think the Lions D will be better IF the Lions D stays fairly healthy. Lions Dline is very good and deep, LBs are solid and secondary was top 5 before injuries and now I think the Lions have better depth.
Maybe This Year Mayhew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe This Year Mayhew View Post
I agree but I don't think their offense will be as incredible as they were. The Pack O was phenomenal last year. Rodgers will still have a very good year but I just can't see him doing that freakisly well again. 40 plus tds and onl 6 picks. 120 rating and high 60 some percent (was 70 some percent during the the first half). That won't happen again. More like 2010 and 2009 numbers for the Pack O which is still very good but not ridiculous. Bears twice, Saints, Houston, Giants, San Fran better bring their A games against the Pack to give them some losses and the Lions better split at least. Must stay healthy for that.

Also their D, is relying on two rookies and Peprah still. Cullen Jenkins did so much for that D. Jenkins numbers(sacks/hits/pressures) in 2010 were very very good and Raji had a very good year in 2010 and then a poor year in 2011(28 more sacks/hits/pressures combined by Raji in 2010 compared to 2011). Worthy down the line could be a Jenkins but as a rookie I just don't see Worthy being a Jenkins. Perry is talented and their pass rush will be better but it won't be 2010 D good, just middle of the pack. I think the Lions D will be better IF the Lions D stays fairly healthy. Lions Dline is very good and deep, LBs are solid and secondary was top 5 before injuries and now I think the Lions have better depth.
I'm not sure that offenses will decline even a bit. The new rules have really opened up the passing attacks and I don't think last season was just a one year wonder. I think they will have to change the rules again to give defenses a real shot at stopping the pass otherwise, the completion stats will remain ridiculous and all previous passing records will go by the wayside, not because the current players are better but simply because the rules have become ludicrous.

Green Bay and a healthy Chicago are going to be tough nuts but we haven't reached our potential and can still get a lot better so I'm not worried. It is going to be a real dog fight to the end which should set up a Super Bowl win for the survivor.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe This Year Mayhew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very true. The new rules really help Green Bay, Detroit, New England, New Orleans out. Good QB and plethora of weapons and you get Green Bays year and the Lions having a 5,000 yard QB.

I just hope Green Bay comes back to Earth though. Still top 5 in the league but not second scoring offense of all time.

Like I said Houston,San Fran, Chicago twice, New York better bring their A games to give Green Bay some losses(because Saints,Falcons,Chicago twice and even Detroit didn't last year, Giants were close) to give Detroit a chance. And Detroit has to split with Green Bay. November game is huge. Detroit had to play Green Bay and New Orleans twice without Houston and Delmas for two games last year. Houston played hurt in Week 17 and Delmas played hurt in playoff game and Houston went down in 2nd Quarter of the playoff game. It spelled disaster especially when the Dline didn't show up either. I think with Houston,Delmas and the Lions pass rush, we match up very well against Green Bay. It was 0-0 mid 2nd Qtr until Houston and Delmas went down last year and 7-3. Prior to them going down with injuries Green Bay hadn't scored a td on us in almost 8 Quarters (second half game 1 2010, all game 2 2010 and most of first half game 1 2011 prior to injuries).

Last edited by Maybe This Year Mayhew : 05-03-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

alright... we are 2-4 with our remaining schedule: Seattle, @Jacksonville, @Minnesota, Green Bay, Houston, Indianapolis, @Green Bay, @Arizona, Atlanta, and Chicago.

With the way that we are currently playing, I will project us to finish around 6-10. We could easily finish 9-7, but I think the safe money is on 6-10. (We can beat Seattle, Jacksonville, Minnesota, Indy, and Arizona but we'll f*ck up at least one of those games and maybe steal a late season win from Atlanta or Chicago)

6-10, historically into the 6-12 range of draft picks.

We'll say Geno Smith and Barkley still manage to go top 5.
We'll pretend for argument's sake that we will not take Star Lotulelei or Johnathan Hankins.

Highest Currently Rated Guys in No Order(Value to Us)
Jarvis Jones(Top3)
Barkevious Mingo(Top 3)
Chance Warmack(Mid-Late 1st)
Manti Te'o(1st)
Bjeorn Warner(Top 10)
Robert Woods(1st)
Justin Hunter(1st)
Dee Milliner(Top 10)
Luke Joeckel(Top 10)
Johnthan Banks(Top 10)
Marcus Lattimore(1st)
Sam Montgomery(Top 10)

Personal Projected Bottom Teams
Jacksonville(1-5) Geno
Cleveland(1-6) Jarvis
Kansas City(1-5) Barkley
Carolina(1-5) Star/DE
Tampa Bay(2-4) Milliner
Oakland(2-4) Hankins/Star
NY Jets(3-4) Robert Woods
St. Louis(3-4) Joeckel
Buffalo(3-4) QB? Hunter? Mingo?

So, we're looking at Barkevious Mingo, Montgomery, Warner, Te'o, Banks, etc. I don't like MLBs this early unless they are Patrick Willis...Do we snatch Banks for need or go with a stud DE? David Amerson should be late 1st. I really do like the potential 2nd Round CBs like Desmond Trufant and Xavier Rhodes. Chance Warmack would be great...but guards should ideally be taken in the middle rounds.

Somewhere around us
Tennessee(3-4)
Cincinnati(3-4)
Washington(3-4)
New Orleans(2-4)
Philadelphia(3-3)
Miami(3-3)

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 10-24-2012 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:32 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Nooooooooooo I refuse until they get to 6 losses.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

lol, if we start tanking now they we can dump Suh and get Lotulelei...

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-24-2012, 11:32 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We were supposed to be looking forward to the playoffs.. not the draft. Thanks, Madden Curse!

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
We were supposed to be looking forward to the playoffs.. not the draft. Thanks, Madden Curse!
If Barry Sanders were to unretire...do you think we'd make the playoffs? Michael Vick all of a sudden would become good again, and there would be peace on Earth.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-29-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

See. Beat Jags and the Lions are back in things at 4-4. Especially if Vikings lose at Seattle. Lions/Vikings could be huge
Old 10-30-2012, 04:03 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So we got Mike Thomas from the Jags. I wish our secondary was just half as deep as our receiving core.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Well...maybe if Calvin would stop dropping balls like a little punk. I swear that he's dropped more balls this year than he has in a couple seasons.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 10-30-2012, 09:31 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Mike Thomas but I don't think we needed to trade for a WR. He's a good #2 though and had a good year back when Mike Sims-Walker was relevant.. Mike Thomas can return punts and kicks, so maybe he's a replacement for Stefan Logan? We do have Justin Miller on the roster though, so I don't really get it. Hopefully we didn't give up anything under a 6th for him.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

2014 5th round pick for him. Justin Miller cut. Thomas will challenge Logan for returns and good depth for the future in the slot with him and Broyles on the team. Burleson is cut next year for sure
Old 11-19-2012, 07:49 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, this thread should start picking up steam again.

fml

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Maybe This Year Mayhew
Veteran

Yeah 6 losses before Thanksgiving. Barring a miracle 6-0 streak or 5-1 with alot of teams crumbling in the Vikings, Bucs, Cowboys and Saints. Though they play each other and Vikings still have 4 vs Bears/Pack games.

Such a what could have been season. 4 special teams returns, 1 fumble and 2 int returns allowed (most in the league). And Redzone woes and defensive 4th Quater woes at crucial times(at San Fran, OT Titans, at Vikings, Green Bay).

I vote DE(can't stand KVB, Jackson or Young this season) and Safety(due to Delmas injuries) with interior Oline help(Peterman/Raiola) in the mid rounds. And Pettigrew, Scheffler and Titus better get their act together next year and Stafford needs to be way more consistent(games like Green Bay 45% can't happen).

Last edited by Maybe This Year Mayhew : 11-19-2012 at 01:24 PM.