Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 04-30-2012, 06:22 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmmm - based on all the hype he got last year and with the season I expect the Steelers should have this year........I don't think Te'o will be there when we pick.

But I would love to have him.
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lattimore is top 5 pick.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub View Post
Hmmmm - based on all the hype he got last year and with the season I expect the Steelers should have this year........I don't think Te'o will be there when we pick.

But I would love to have him.
Yeah, Te'o has been getting hype, but after the past two drafts, I'm not discounting virtually any player.

Both Cam Heyward and David DeCastro were top 15 players, maybe top 10, before their last college seasons and were supposed to be well out of our range, yet they fell.

Hopefully the trend continues

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Spence = Dexter Coakley

That dude was beast.
Old 04-30-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rookie Numbers:

OG David DeCastro - 61
OT Mike Adams - 76
LB Sean Spence - 51 (went straight for Farriors number, haha)
NT Alameda Ta'Amu - 95
RB Chris Rainey - 22
WR Toney Clemons - 11
TE David Paulson - 48
CB Terrence Frederick - 37
OG Kelvin Beachum - 68

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My mock:

1) TJ McDonald FS USC
2) Kevin Reddick MLB North Carolina
3) Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford
4) Baker Steinkuhler DE Nebraska
5) Terence Garvin SS West Virginia
6) Zach Boren FB Ohio State
7) EJ Manuel QB Florida State
Old 04-30-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

something from another site i thought i would share here

Video of Mike Adams getting the phone call from the steelers ...

http://www.buckeyextra.com/content/s.../football.html

on the right side where it says , mike adams drafted by the steelers ...
Cbrunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:42 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
Time to move on to 2013! :D

Quick mock:

1. ILB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
Pairing this guy with Timmons would give us our starting ILBs for the next 8 years. A hammer in the middle, he's great vs. the run and would be the perfect complement to Timmons, as opposed to Sean Spence who is more like Timmons-lite.

2. OT Seantrel Henderson*, Miami
I know we just drafted Mike Adams this year and we've got Gilbert, but this kid could be something else. He's been injured and hasn't really lived up to the hype in Miami, but he's still got one more year and more importantly, the physical tools needed to be the next Orlando Pace or Jonathan Ogden. For real, that's how good he could be. He's a junior, but I think he declares and he could/probably will wind up in the first round.

3. S Ray Ray Armstrong, Miami
Another Miami Hurricane, I don't think he's as good as people say he is, but he's still got some skills. We need safeties for the future and I think we could mold him to replace Ryan Clark.

4. DT Baker Steinkuhler, Nebraska
D-line depth never hurts.

5. CB Travis Howard, Ohio State
Same for CB, I think we've got our starters and nickel with Curtis Brown, Cortez Allen, and Keenan Lewis, but we still need depth.

6. P Jackson Rice, Oregon
I'm not the biggest Jeremy Kapinos fan, so let's get some competition.

7. K Dustin Hopkins, Florida State
Same for Suisham.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Draft isn't bad, but Ray Ray is meh to me. I want TJ McDonald BAD next year. If Redman, Dwyer, Clay, Batch, etc all falter, wouldn't mind Eddie Lacy or even Marcus Lattimore in the first neither.

My first two picks would go TJ McDonald and Kevin Reddick. Get that FS to replace Clark and could even play SS when Polamalu gets hurt and then get our MLB if Sly isn't the answer.
teo <3

henderson should be a top 5 pick by then i think, dude has unreal ability

i would ******* LOVE TJ mcdonald next year...now that theyve taken care of the oline and dline i think safety and possibly MLB are next up as big addressing needs.

Also, i have a legit man crush on xavier rhodes
Old 05-01-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
teo <3

henderson should be a top 5 pick by then i think, dude has unreal ability

i would ******* LOVE TJ mcdonald next year...now that theyve taken care of the oline and dline i think safety and possibly MLB are next up as big addressing needs.

Also, i have a legit man crush on xavier rhodes
Yeah, I could also see the Steelers drafting a top flight CB next year if they were to fall.
Old 05-01-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

If Wallace signs his tender and we don't work out something long term, his and Brown's contracts will be up next year. I wouldn't be shocked to see a WR early in the draft.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbrunn View Post
ala... Will Allen 2011 cap hit was 1,590,000 (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2011/02...urrent-roster/) so i'm guessing that will go up for 2012 (not released yet, or i can't find it) ...

Robert Golden 350k ... 1,590,000 - 350k = 1.24 mill in cap savings ... maybe a little less for a signing bonus, but i doubt UFA get a signing bonus
they usually get anywhere from a 10k-30k signing bonus.

Yeah, I play WoW too.[/center]
Mr. Stiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Stiller is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I could also see the Steelers drafting a top flight CB next year if they were to fall.
Personally... I see:

OLB(Depending on Worilds)
FS
SS
ILB (depending on Sylvester)
WR(Depending on Wallace/Clemons)
OG (Depeding on Foster/Colon + Beachum).. Watch out for Lee, Violent guy who could end up stickin.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:30 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
My mock:

1) TJ McDonald FS USC
2) Kevin Reddick MLB North Carolina
3) Stepfan Taylor RB Stanford
4) Baker Steinkuhler DE Nebraska
5) Terence Garvin SS West Virginia
6) Zach Boren FB Ohio State
7) EJ Manuel QB Florida State

Love the draft, but Reddick reminds me a lot of Zach Brown.. Fast, weak at POA..

Guy I would love to add? Chris Borland if he jumps early. Undersized (5'11 245lbs.) But guy is just a monster.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Mr. Stiller
All-Pro

Quote:
Beachum is said to be able to Long Snap as well ... so he makes the team as long snapper , but can help if needed on the Oline ...

just what I've read

and the roster has expanded ... and i'd like some of these guys to make the team because of that...and because of salary issues ...

no point in having a vet. min. guy at the end of the bench worth i think like 1 mill ... when you can have same quality in rookie at like 350k ... that opens up a good bit of cap room
From my understanding... potential long snapper for 2ish years then he can develop into a potential LG or Swing Guard/C backup.

Don't overlook Ryan Lee of Furman from eventually nabbing a spot. His video shows him handling Miami DL pretty easily.

Old 05-01-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Wow, blast from the past! Hi Mr. Stiller!

Couple more guys I'm really, really high on:

- NT Star Lotulelei, Utah
- ILB Manti Te'o, Notre Dame
- DE/OLB Barkevious Mingo, LSU
- OT/OG Barret Jones, Alabama

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-01-2012, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cbrunn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's a little to early for me to start thinking about 2013 draft ... but i would really like if we ended up with one of these 3 players

Gerald Hodges , OLB, Penn State ... converted safety
Zavier Gooden, OLB, Missouri
David Amerson, CB, NC State ... but he'll probably be long gone by the time we pick

Last edited by Cbrunn : 05-01-2012 at 10:29 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
it's a little to early for me to start thinking about 2013 draft ... but i would really like if we ended up with one of these 2 players

Gerald Hodges , OLB, Penn State ... converted safety
Zavier Gooden, OLB, Missouri

It's never too early!

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-01-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Cbrunn
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post

It's never too early!
lol i'm just excited about another season of college and steeler football...

here will be my early one or wish list

1st. Gerald Hodges, OLB, Penn State
2nd. Bascarri Rambo, Safety , Georgia
3rd. Rashard Hall , Safety , Clemson

Sure up the OLB position with an ex safety

then get Safeties of the future

Last edited by Cbrunn : 05-01-2012 at 11:11 PM.
Old 05-02-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

whoa, mr. stiller, blast from the past for sure.

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:38 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

couple things:

rainey sucks at blocking. baron batch will be our 3rd down back this year.

the steelers obviously told adams to fail his drug test and lie about it, thus having him slide to the 2nd round. very smart move.

manti te'o is an absolute monster beast manchild eater

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rainey can be our return man.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:09 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Welcome back Mr. Stiller!
Old 05-03-2012, 08:41 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikehop05 View Post
couple things:

rainey sucks at blocking. baron batch will be our 3rd down back this year.

the steelers obviously told adams to fail his drug test and lie about it, thus having him slide to the 2nd round. very smart move.

manti te'o is an absolute monster beast manchild eater
we have not seen batch do anything at all, not even in preseason...this fan base is entirely too high on him from a report he blocked harrison once on a backs on backer drill.

halyes offense calls for a guy like rainey on 3rd down, we dont need a blocking RB anymore decastro could handle it all by himself <333
Old 05-03-2012, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

T-Sizzle tore his Achilles playing basketball and will be out for the season.
Old 05-03-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

he balls so hard