Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-01-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default 2013 Pass Rushers

The 2012 draft class was weak but this draft is so much stronger. These aren't my rankings by any means, just meant for general discussion.

Defensive Ends:
1. William Gholston, Michigan State
2. Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas
3. Bjoern Werner, Florida State
4. Alex Okafor, Texas
5. Michael Buchanan, Illinois
6. Corey Lemonier, Auburn
7. John Simon, Ohio State
8. Devin Taylor, South Carolina
9. Dion Jordan, Oregon
10. Tank Carradine, Florida State
11. Ronald Powell, Florida

Outside Linebackers:
1. Jarvis Jones, Georgia
2. Barkevious Mingo, LSU
3. Brandon Jenkins, Florida State
4. Sam Montgomery, LSU
5. Sean Porter, Texas A&M
6. Chase Thomas, Stanford

Discussion, notes, facts, stats encouraged.

Last edited by tjsunstein : 05-02-2012 at 06:16 PM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
TuckNole
Rookie

TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FSU has 3. Add Tank Carradine. He will go before Werner and Jenkins IMO.
TuckNole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:19 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really like Devin Taylor. Tall, long-limbed, powerful, and has dropped into coverage regularly.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RoPo tore his ACL in the offseason so his status for the season is kind of a toss up.

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
Master Exploder
Rookie

Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Master Exploder is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think Jarvis Jones's injury history will bump him down?
Master Exploder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thought of Sam Montgomery on the other side of Chandler Jones with a combo of Mayo, Spikes, and Hightower in the middle makes me happy in the pants.

I really like a lot of these guys and I would like to see us cash in on at least one other front 7 player next April. Too much talent to pass up on.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the combo of DEs at Texas this year, both of them have huge potential. I think Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo, Jelani Jenkins, Brandon Jenkins, and Sean Porter will all be fantastic 3-4 OLBs. I am iffy on if Gholston can be a 3-4 OLB or not.

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
I love the combo of DEs at Texas this year, both of them have huge potential. I think Jarvis Jones, Barkevious Mingo, Jelani Jenkins, Brandon Jenkins, and Sean Porter will all be fantastic 3-4 OLBs. I am iffy on if Gholston can be a 3-4 OLB or not.
Dont be iffy, he cant, plain and simple...

Jelani Jenkins i thought was more of a ILB in a 34? He's REAL small for a pass rusher at only 6' and like 235 if that.

Jones and Mingo are my favorites in this class.

Just a guy to add in...and this is coming from someone who has watched every one of his games for the last 2 years...and has a friend coaching him at Oregon...Dion Jordan is a FREAK, and a freaking MONSTER. 6'7" great burst, and EXTREMELY agile, already plays OLB, and sometimes they lined him up on the outside receiver (yeah, like on the sidelines) and had him bump the receiver to help out our young CB's. He's going to be a special player.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:16 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dominique Easley is the best everything. Jarvis Jones definitely looks like the top edge guy, hopefully he bulks up a bit though.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
dannyz
Veteran

dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dannyz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I Love the next couple of years for pass rushers. I saw nothing Special with any of the 2012 guys at all and don't think any of them will be Great but with this 2013 Class guys like Montgomery, Mingo, Werner, Gholston, Jeffcoat could all be Top 15 Picks or higher. I know the 2012 Draft just got over but I like Jadeveon Clowney and Aaron Lynch better than everybody in the 2012 Class as well.
dannyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 08:43 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Simon is kinda like Melvin Ingram. I think he'll play linebacker - maybe ILB in a 2 gap system - when he gets to the NFL. 'Tweener in a negative way, but his work ethic is unreal and he is a player who can get in the backfield and make plays. Urban Meyer said the only one other player with his work ethic he's seen is Tim Tebow.

dannyz is right though, I can't wait for 2014 when we get Aaron Lynch and Jadeveon Clowney at DE (not to mention Sammy Watkins and Marquise Lee at WR).
Old 05-01-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
mightytitan9
Pro Bowler

mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mightytitan9 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lets not get too far ahead of ourselves, I mean last year people were saying Donte' Paige-Moss was a potential first rounder
mightytitan9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this class of pass rushers. KeKe Mingo is my favorite draft prospect this year. 6'5" 240 with a sub-4.50 40? Yes, please. At that weight he'll probably have to play in a 3-4, but he can flat out get to the quarterback. It's also impressive that 7/8 sacks and 9/11 hurries came against SEC competition.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:03 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jones and Mingo have to be the top guys heading into the 2013 draft, both are physical freaks ready to break out in the SEC like many of the prospects before them.

Just like the last 2 years, there hasn't been a clear top DT prospect at the start of the draft process. Hopefully a sack artist can emerge like Fairley did as a one year wonder. Jesse Williams from 'Bama is someone to watch.

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Carr to Cooper in 2015

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Mingo's speed and acceleration when he turns the corner is absolutely bonkers. Jarvis Jones had an amazing season last year and has a chance to be even better this season. Big fan of those two as outside linebackers. Both have the potential to be elite level pass rushers in the NFL.

The class as a whole is very good too. Big fan of Bjoern Werner as a 4-3 guy. He's still learning the game, but his natural strength really makes him shine both as a pass rusher and against the run.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:31 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love both LSU DE's and Jarvis Jones. I think all 3 of them make great 3-4 OLBs.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:38 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can Mingo play DE in a 43?
Old 05-02-2012, 12:15 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
He would have to add at least 25 pounds. He has the frame to do it, but that's a lot of weight and it's not an ideal fit. I'm more interested in seeing the type of player he develops into without trying to mess with too much.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:19 AM    (permalink
TuckNole
Rookie

TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TuckNole is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I'm iffy on that. But I actually think that Montgomery could. Despite playing at 245, he held the POA against pretty much everyone he faced. He is crazy strong, and plays really low. Just based on film, I like Montgomery better than Mingo, but that's just me.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuckNole View Post
I'm iffy on that. But I actually think that Montgomery could. Despite playing at 245, he held the POA against pretty much everyone he faced. He is crazy strong, and plays really low. Just based on film, I like Montgomery better than Mingo, but that's just me.
I like Montgomery more as well.

Both Texas DEs are pretty nasty, especially Okafor.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:41 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read Bjoern Werner and was intrigued. I Googled him hoping to find this:

but instead I found this:

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Jarvis Jones and Mingo are overrated at this point tbh. I like Montgomery, Gholston and Lemonier much more at this point.

$0.02

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:37 AM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i had a linebacker and his name was... mingo!
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
cmarq83
Pro Bowler

cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmarq83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't like the chances of anybody named Bjoern making it in the NFL.
cmarq83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
TuckNole
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmarq83 View Post
I just don't like the chances of anybody named Bjoern making it in the NFL.
Oh come on, he's perfect for Chris Berman:

"...and Bjoern-to-do-this Werner gets the sack"