Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-02-2012, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's the same basic trailer as Cloverfield. Show tons of the scenes that make up the context of the movie, don't show the actual background or plot of the movie in general. How is that THE ENTIRE MOVIE?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
It's the same basic trailer as Cloverfield. Show tons of the scenes that make up the context of the movie, don't show the actual background or plot of the movie in general. How is that THE ENTIRE MOVIE?
First off, you previously told me that I was wrong asserting those scenes were in the trailer, so please eat crow because I could go on to post more trailers showing the same things I mentioned before- theyre all right there. Yes the story revolved around a kid who had difficult home life, I already gave you that. However the major premise of the movie was already there in the trailers I posted. Kids get powers by going into a hole, start using them for fun, get more powerful, one kid who has issues starts becoming more powerful, starts taking advantage of his abilities, fights with friends, leading to a big confrontation in the middle of a city. It's all right there where I posted it. Let's see what it left out

So it basically highlighted and showed the major premises of the movie. You can sit here and point to the other parts of the movie like the kids back round and home life, but none of those scenes were particularly stand out to begin with so why even mention them? It isn't hard to play off of things like that and create a disfunctional character, it's been done weve seen it. The major points of the movie were all right there for you to see, and if you went in expecting any more out of those central points than you aren't getting much other than
I most certainly was not wrong with any of the points about the trailer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw the trailer, and didn't get what I expected out of the movie. It reveals a decent amount of the movie fine, but so do plenty of other trailers. Here's what it neglects to mention (aka the entire emotional core of the ******* movie)...

****, I hate you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-02-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where's Wallace?

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are people bad mouthing Chronicle in here? I really enjoyed it.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:08 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
It had Vince from Friday Night Lights shut your mouth.
No, you shut your mouth, it had Wallace from The Wire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:17 AM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
a lot of people saw The Dark Knight and didn't even know it was a sequel
These people are morons and their opinion doesn't matter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 02:19 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
This may be a female thing, because I hung out with three different girls who had not heard of Batman Begins when they mentioned loving The Dark Knight. So.....yeah (if you're wondering, I failed to date any of them).

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-02-2012, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This may be a female thing, because I hung out with three different girls who had not heard of Batman Begins when they mentioned loving The Dark Knight. So.....yeah (if you're wondering, I failed to date any of them).
Was it because of your dislike for lady parts?

Old 05-02-2012, 02:59 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
Was it because of your dislike for lady parts?
More of my tendency to **** things up before anything ever happens.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-02-2012, 03:29 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
It was more ok or meh than anything. If you saw the trailer, you saw the whole damn movie minus like one cool part the very end.
You see a lot of the cool action scenes, but you don't see the character progressions/arcs, or why we should or shouldn't care about the people involved in the story.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I already posted this earlier, but this was a pretty good synopsis of the film in terms of what to expect. It doesn't give anything away either. Pretty much sums up my thoughts on the movie.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 05-02-2012 at 03:37 AM.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:45 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Well it's not surprising a lot of folks had no clue about Batman Begins since The Dark Knight was such a smash hit. Unfortunate though. Some people are different though and will just watch a sequel to a movie without having seen the first one, even if they are closely connected. Movie buffs like myself, refuse to do that. So it depends.

Quote:
Old 05-02-2012, 03:51 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
(if you're wondering, I failed to date any of them).
Wasn't wondering... Much like I don't wonder whether the sun is going to rise in the morning. I just assume it will happen.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:24 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chronicle was decent didnt really care for the 2 white guys but the black dude is a decent actor

would give it like a 6.7 on my entirely random 1-10 scale

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:34 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

The scene when they were flying through the clouds for the first time was probably one of my favourite movie scenes this year.

Old 05-02-2012, 05:46 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
The scene when they were flying through the clouds for the first time was probably one of my favourite movie scenes this year.
That was a pretty cool scene. Didn't one of the boys say "Tebow Time" at that point in the movie?

Quote:
Old 05-02-2012, 05:59 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get ready:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Already posted two pages ago.

Quote:
Old 05-02-2012, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Wasn't wondering... Much like I don't wonder whether the sun is going to rise in the morning. I just assume it will happen.
I'm breaking up your wedding.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-02-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just watched Chronicle a few days ago (weird the chat starts up when the DVDrip is leaked...)

I thought it was enjoyable, just too short, could have done a little more with the end.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:15 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw Larry Crowne on cable last night & my God, how it sucked.

Julia Roberts is a nice looking woman, attractive in a clownish big-mouthed sort of way, but she did a checkbook performance in this one. And how did they sell it to Tom Hanks?

Hollywood tries to do a contemporary slice of life (in the San Fernando Vly) piece on the New Austerity in the ongoing recession/depression & glosses over ugly underbelly of losing your job & house for low comedy, a happy go lucky biker gang on mopeds & scooters? Gimme a break! Bryan Cranston was completely wasted in a supporting role, I couldnt even finish it, ugh! Tasteless!!
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Saw Larry Crowne on cable last night & my God, how it sucked.

Julia Roberts is a nice looking woman, attractive in a clownish big-mouthed sort of way, but she did a checkbook performance in this one. And how did they sell it to Tom Hanks?
He was the Director and one of the writers.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Entertaining, quirky little movie. Ferrell was quite believable in a serious role.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Just watched Chronicle a few days ago (weird the chat starts up when the DVDrip is leaked...)

I thought it was enjoyable, just too short, could have done a little more with the end.
Yeah. So weird.