Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 04-30-2012, 10:37 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I know you like PFF. Don't they grade Hawley as below average?

Mike Johnson was a low upside pick, and has contributed absolutely nothing.

Reynolds is/was just an abortion in every sense of the word.

Baker, enough said.

Hopefully Konz isn't the next Dahl, because his prospect status is definitely down graded if he's a full time guard. (I'd imagine he'd start at RG next year, but he needs to slide over to C after that.)

And while Baker is completely awful, Lamar Holmes likely isn't better than him. He'd get destroyed in the NFL right now.
Hawley was a + Center but a - guard. and when you watch the games over (like I do) you would agree with me that Hawley will be a good center with a solid RG next to him.

Johnson is injured. still haven't seen him on the field.

Baker - F- if I eve saw one. Holmes is a better fit for the LT spot and even if he is never a starter can at least be a swing tackle backup.

Hopefully Konz is the next Dahl. He's a low 1st as a C and he's a mid 2nd as a guard... we took him in the mid-late 2nd. so not seeing how that's an issue.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:45 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Konz doesn't have the injury concerns he's a round one pick. Let's hope that's the kind of player we got.

Got to say, I envy the Wisconsin football mentality and am excited to have two guys responsible for their success in pounding the rock.

Now let's trade for Kevin Zeitler... and Joe Thomas.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If being big and the ability to bend means pure pass protector, then sure. However he lacks range in his drop and his footwork stops on contact. He's a 3 year project for a win now team.

The pick was also made with Brandon Thompson, Lamar Miller, Brandon Boykin, Bobbie Massie, Alameda Ta'Amu, Ladarius Green, Orson Charles, etc. on the board. Awful pick.
While I would have agreed prior to the draft, looks like Miller, Massie, etc. were not the prospects we had thought them to be.

Miller in particular something must have been wrong with; either character concerns, injury concerns, or overall toughness and mentality.

Old 04-30-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
Hawley was a + Center but a - guard. and when you watch the games over (like I do) you would agree with me that Hawley will be a good center with a solid RG next to him.

Johnson is injured. still haven't seen him on the field.

Baker - F- if I eve saw one. Holmes is a better fit for the LT spot and even if he is never a starter can at least be a swing tackle backup.

Hopefully Konz is the next Dahl. He's a low 1st as a C and he's a mid 2nd as a guard... we took him in the mid-late 2nd. so not seeing how that's an issue.
Where do you get tape of the games?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
While I would have agreed prior to the draft, looks like Miller, Massie, etc. were not the prospects we had thought them to be.

Miller in particular something must have been wrong with; either character concerns, injury concerns, or overall toughness and mentality.

Miller has a shoulder issue, but still has elite burst and balance... Massie didn't go too far behind Holmes...
Old 04-30-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Miller has a shoulder issue, but still has elite burst and balance... Massie didn't go too far behind Holmes...
Doubt the shoulder issue is what caused him to fall so far. More than likely, the draft community overrated him from the start.

Same deal with Massie, a lot of people had him as a round one guy and he went in the fourth round.

I'm not an advocate of the Holmes pick, but these big name guys just have a tendency to be, at times, overrated by the draft community when NFL draft boards feel far differently.

Old 04-30-2012, 01:12 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I record them on DVR... it's not rocket science and OL is easy to analyze through the FOX, CBS, NBC or ESPN coverage.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 04-30-2012, 03:31 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...fl-draft-nears

A very good read on WR Cody Pearcy I think he will make the team as a return man.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:46 PM    (permalink
FTRWRTR
Rookie

FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FTRWRTR is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A 4.31/40 and a 44 inch vertical is just insane. I'm really rooting for this guy.
FTRWRTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My biggest concern with Holmes is he is not better than any of the current Tackles on the roster. Baker sucks thats for sure but hes at least gotten the NFL rape experience where as Holmes hasn't. Svitek actually IMO had a much better season than Baker and played very well in some games. Obviously neither of those 2 are the answer but by no means is Holmes some guy thats gonna solidify the starting LT spot. He'll be lucky to be the next Ojinaka or w/e the **** his name was.

That being said. Players on the board would have helped them team much more. Boykin. IMO a 2nd round talent with injury concerns but still in the 3rd brings depth, return man potential and once Grimes is gone fills that void. Would have been a great pickup. Orson Charles. Obv a late 3rd 4th round guy and I'm not very fond of him but still has potential and would offer as the "Aaron Hernandez" role which is becoming more important in todays league. Ta'amu. Even though we havent swapped to 3-4 doesnt hurt to have the 2nd best pure NT to possibly run some schemes with or to simply just plug in to help stuff the run. Lamar Miller would have been a flashy pick but at this point we dont really need a RB with Turner, Snelling, Quizz. It can wait a year.

All in all, I didnt expect much from this draft at all. Im glad we got Konz who should be a solid contributor for us for many years barring he stays healthy. Aside from that I dont see many of these guys sticking around too long other than ST players.
Old 05-02-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
My biggest concern with Holmes is he is not better than any of the current Tackles on the roster. Baker sucks thats for sure but hes at least gotten the NFL rape experience where as Holmes hasn't. Svitek actually IMO had a much better season than Baker and played very well in some games. Obviously neither of those 2 are the answer but by no means is Holmes some guy thats gonna solidify the starting LT spot. He'll be lucky to be the next Ojinaka or w/e the **** his name was.

That being said. Players on the board would have helped them team much more. Boykin. IMO a 2nd round talent with injury concerns but still in the 3rd brings depth, return man potential and once Grimes is gone fills that void. Would have been a great pickup. Orson Charles. Obv a late 3rd 4th round guy and I'm not very fond of him but still has potential and would offer as the "Aaron Hernandez" role which is becoming more important in todays league. Ta'amu. Even though we havent swapped to 3-4 doesnt hurt to have the 2nd best pure NT to possibly run some schemes with or to simply just plug in to help stuff the run. Lamar Miller would have been a flashy pick but at this point we dont really need a RB with Turner, Snelling, Quizz. It can wait a year.

All in all, I didnt expect much from this draft at all. Im glad we got Konz who should be a solid contributor for us for many years barring he stays healthy. Aside from that I dont see many of these guys sticking around too long other than ST players.
Holmes isn't better today, but he's at least equal with more potential.
Boykin wouldn't have made sense with our corner depth and attempt to re-sign Grimes long term.
A RB makes no sense too.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-02-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone wants to discuss ahead, I made a new draft thread.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52767

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:30 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
If anyone wants to discuss ahead, I made a new draft thread.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=52767
we should probably make a new 2012 season thread too.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-02-2012, 11:55 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Would def keep this thread, it's a beut.

Old 05-02-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Would def keep this thread, it's a beut.
this thread is jsut too long.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-02-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Holmes isn't better today, but he's at least equal with more potential.
Boykin wouldn't have made sense with our corner depth and attempt to re-sign Grimes long term.
A RB makes no sense too.

Nolan wants to be 5 deep at CB, and that we certainly are not. Dunta's contract most likely makes him a goner after this year I believe, and we are back to not having a NB next season. Boykin also would have upgraded the return game.

RB is a luxury pick, but we already know Turner is declining, and we don't have a future back on the roster.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Nolan wants to be 5 deep at CB, and that we certainly are not. Dunta's contract most likely makes him a goner after this year I believe, and we are back to not having a NB next season. Boykin also would have upgraded the return game.

RB is a luxury pick, but we already know Turner is declining, and we don't have a future back on the roster.
We are 5 deep. Samuel, Grimes, Robinson, Franks, Owens... that's five deep right there. We are currently 20M under the cap next year (using just 121M as the cap #, and projecting in rookie salaries for next year) with the following FA's as the only ones who could garner more than vet minimum:
S William Moore
CB Brent Grimes
TE Tony Gonzalez
FB Ovie Mughelli
CB Chris Owens
DE Lawrence Sidbury
OT Will Svitek
DT Vance Walker
Of these, I think it's safe to say we have more than enough money to re-sign Moore and Grimes next offseason with 20M in cap, let Gonzo retire and let Mughelli walk. the rest are above vet minimum but only barely. I doubt that makes Dunta a goner.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-02-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

By 5 deep, I meant 5 good players.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:21 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
By 5 deep, I meant 5 good players.
sorry then. we're 4 deep. Owens is left off. I don;'t think Boykin would be worth the investment, and I think Owens would be better in Nolan's coverages.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-02-2012, 08:27 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Dunta Robinson is now good? Dominique Franks became good? When did this occur?

Edit: I'll agree I think Dunta will be better in the nickle, but that's far from assured.
Old 05-04-2012, 09:52 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Dunta Robinson is now good? Dominique Franks became good? When did this occur?

Edit: I'll agree I think Dunta will be better in the nickle, but that's far from assured.
Dunta Robinson has always been good. We're talking good, not top 10, but he's good. Franks did very well in his games starting and had 2 INT's. I think he could be a long term starter for us at LCB.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 05-08-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ovie Mughelli cut today. When healthy the dude was a monster. Good luck to him wherever he goes.
Old 05-08-2012, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Ovie Mughelli cut today. When healthy the dude was a monster. Good luck to him wherever he goes.
This was expected. We saved a lot of money, and we'll have a rookie FB this season.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-08-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
this thread is jsut too long.
If anyone else feels this way, I wouldn't mind making another thread.

I like to keep just one thread, I think it's significant on what day I started this one. Also I think we have more discussions this way because it's always going to pop up on your user cp. If we keep making new threads, people would not know and/or be too lazy too look for them.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 05-21-2012, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So what do other Falcons fans think of Jaquizz? I view him as kind of a poor man's Ray Rice or MJD. My hope is he'll be a good rotation/backup RB. Does anyone think he has quality starter potential?
Old 05-21-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Jacquizz. He looked great in limited action last season, and I hope he continues to cut into Turner's playing time. What he lacks in pure speed he makes up for in quickness and agility.