Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Mock Drafts

Mock Drafts A Place to Post and Discuss Your Own Mock Drafts

Old 05-01-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebow305 View Post
Love the pick for Miami. And there are tons of pro-style offenses in college. Stanford runs one. Its one of the reasons Luck went so high, and why people think hes so NFL-ready right now. Do you even watch college football?
Pro-style concepts, sure but everything at the college level is simplified. Going against simpler defenses, making simpler reads, less responsibility and every scheme is designed to get the ball to your playmakers in space to some degree. Its not the same and no college offense is 100% projectable to the next level.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:55 PM    (permalink
BillySims
Rookie

Location: Look on a world globe. You can see where GOD set his left hand when he set this world to spinning.
BillySims is a cocksman.BillySims is a cocksman.BillySims is a cocksman.

Quote:
#20 - Detroit Lions - David Amerson CB North Carolina State
The Lions need a corner and they draft Amerson. Amerson has good length at 6'1" and he has incredible ball skills but I question his physicality and his speed/quickness too. I think he needs to go to a team that runs a lot of zone coverage.
So you have a team that plays man 2 man draft him? Do you think that Matt Millen is still in charge or something?

Leading the way back to respect !
BillySims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=Bixby;2979020]#1 - St. Louis Rams - Logan Thomas QB Virginia Tech
The Rams offense bottoms out. No protection or weapons for Bradford who struggles with an awful supporting cast while learning his third offense in three years. Fisher and Snead decide they want their guy. Thomas has a great arm and he can really drive the ball. Great size. Great mobility. Cam Newton clone.

Umm.... Bradford is destroyed because the Rams have no protection or weapons so they go out and get another QB so he can get crushed also?

Brilliant...
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys pass on Matt Barkley for Chance Warmack. We don't even need a QB here, but this one would be hard to believe. Very hard to believe.

Besides, OG isn't the issue. OC is. Things may change, but right now the concern is at OC more than OG. Just fyi. Otherwise, interesting mock Bix.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Cowboys pass on Matt Barkley for Chance Warmack. We don't even need a QB here, but this one would be hard to believe. Very hard to believe.

Besides, OG isn't the issue. OC is. Things may change, but right now the concern is at OC more than OG. Just fyi. Otherwise, interesting mock Bix.
I hope the Cowboys draft Barkley next year. I really do. If that were the case, I almost wouldn't care what the Eagles do the rest of the draft. Yes I am serious. Barkley is going to be a player of contention in this draft, I see it already. There are going to be people that love him because he puts up good numbers, and there are going to be people who look at his surrounding cast (weapons and blockers), his height, throwing motion, and decision-making, and hate him. If he can improve on his reads he will do fine.

I personally think Barkley is a poor man's Matt Ryan in that neither have elite tools (adequate), but Ryan, at this point in his college career, was a little further ahead in his game mentally. Consider me not a huge fan of Barkley. But considering grandpa Weeden just went 22 overall, nowhere Barkley goes will surprise me. All you need is one team to like you. I personally feel, at this point, an early pick on Barkley will get you lackluster returns, but perhaps he will show some further development that will make me believe in him as a top 10 overall type talent.

As the for Eagles pick.... Yuck, If the Eagles win the Superbowl like you have here (please stop trying to jinx them, lol), there is no way in hell they take a QB. Reid's job will be secure, as would Vick's. And considering how Eagles value their QBs, you really think they'd draft one first round after going third round this year with Foles, while Vick and Kafka are still on the roster? Its just not logical, at all. I'm pretty sure you're an Eagles fan (of course you are, you have us winning the Superbowl, duh on me), you should know our needs better than this. At this point, the only first round picks that we should be seeing on these mocks this early are Safety (SS moreso than FS, IMO), press-man CBs, and athletic OTs. To fit into Mudd's scheme.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have to study Glen on before commenting on the player. Love the position for the Chiefs and I hope they actually go get a signal caller, but, I think its more realistic the Chiefs go pass rusher, defensive lineman, or wide receiver.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Y2Jimmy0
Rookie

Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Y2Jimmy0 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Thanks for attempting a mock this early. But I laughed as soon as I scrolled down and saw #32 Philadelphia. Not a chance. With Vick? Really? They should have a pretty awesome defense but we will not be seeing Michael Vick-Super Bowl Champion ever, I am pretty sure.
Y2Jimmy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Knicks and Bucs
Rookie

Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs Knicks and Bucs

I doubt Milliner is a top ten pick. Lot of drafts have him as a 2nd rounder. There are much better corners at that spot, but you have the right position so props there.

Now, if the bucs do pick in the top ten then I would have to say QB should be targeted. If they pick top ten that means Josh Freeman has failed. There is no reason for him to struggle with that line and offensive additions. Maybe a Landry Jones or an Aaron Murray could go there and get Milliner in the 2nd.

Last edited by Knicks and Bucs : 05-10-2012 at 04:07 PM.
Knicks and Bucs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love the Kenny Stills pick for Houston.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Excellent pick for the Colts.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:17 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y2Jimmy0 View Post
Thanks for attempting a mock this early. But I laughed as soon as I scrolled down and saw #32 Philadelphia. Not a chance. With Vick? Really? They should have a pretty awesome defense but we will not be seeing Michael Vick-Super Bowl Champion ever, I am pretty sure.
Hey, it's the offseason. Gotta have hope, right?
Old 05-11-2012, 02:20 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkyRamsFan View Post
Umm.... Bradford is destroyed because the Rams have no protection or weapons so they go out and get another QB so he can get crushed also?

Brilliant...
I think the Rams will find that Bradford isn't the sort of QB who can carry a team. He'll prove no better this year than he did the last two. Fisher and Snead are going to see this and get "their guy". You have to start with a franchise passer and Bradford isn't one, Logan Thomas might be.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:35 AM    (permalink
ArkyRamsFan
Veteran

ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ArkyRamsFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
I think the Rams will find that Bradford isn't the sort of QB who can carry a team. He'll prove no better this year than he did the last two. Fisher and Snead are going to see this and get "their guy". You have to start with a franchise passer and Bradford isn't one, Logan Thomas might be.
Sam Bradford was one of the major reasons Fisher took the Rams job over others like Miami. Also, Fishnead (Fisher and Snead) had multiple offers to trade Brads before this last draft and rejected all overtures. This included teams like Cleveland who definitely had sufficient ammunition to get the deal done.

As far as Sam being a "franchise passer" only time will tell. I, however, remain optimistic that he will develop into just that.

BTW for the record Brads had a very good rookie year and even won the OROY that year. For him to continue his development the entire team along with Sam himself has got to do play better.

Heh..I seriously doubt Rodgers or Brady could have done much with the junk that surrounded Sam last year...
ArkyRamsFan is offline   Reply With Quote