Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-03-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not to rain on the Bray parade but does he have any production against good competition at all? He's been hurt for most SEC games and 12 of his 35 career TD passes have come against Montana, Memphis and Buffalo. He had a 6-6 TD/INT ratio last season against SEC competition with a completion % of under 50... He makes some questionable decisions and lacks mobility too. Brock Oswiler is a much better athlete, yes? I think ranking him so high is a huge projection, sure he could have a breakout season but he could just as easily fall flat on his face.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by San Diego Chicken View Post
Not to rain on the Bray parade but does he have any production against good competition at all? He's been hurt for most SEC games and 12 of his 35 career TD passes have come against Montana, Memphis and Buffalo. He had a 6-6 TD/INT ratio last season against SEC competition with a completion % of under 50... He makes some questionable decisions and lacks mobility too. Brock Oswiler is a much better athlete, yes? I think ranking him so high is a huge projection, sure he could have a breakout season but he could just as easily fall flat on his face.
Yeah, those are extremely valid points that have been brought up before, just not in this particular thread. I don't think he's proved enough to pencil him in as a top quarterback for next years draft, but I like his talent quite a bit. I'm not sure I would agree that he could "just as easily" fall flat on his face, but it's possible he disappoints this year relative to the expectations people are setting for him. So yeah, there's a fair bit of projection involved. That said, the I feel like his talent level is obvious. Between that and the receiving core Tennessee has this year, he really has a good chance to establish himself as a top quarterback.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Right now I'd say that Matt Barkley, Aaron Murray, and Logan Thomas are in the top tier of quarterback prospects, with Tyler Bray, Landry Jones, and Tyler Wilson in the second tier (all three need to clean up their footwork.) E.J. Manuel and Geno Smith are in the tier after those guys. Who else am I forgetting?
Old 05-03-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
San Diego Chicken
Pro Bowler

San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.San Diego Chicken is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
Yeah, those are extremely valid points that have been brought up before, just not in this particular thread. I don't think he's proved enough to pencil him in as a top quarterback for next years draft, but I like his talent quite a bit. I'm not sure I would agree that he could "just as easily" fall flat on his face, but it's possible he disappoints this year relative to the expectations people are setting for him. So yeah, there's a fair bit of projection involved. That said, the I feel like his talent level is obvious. Between that and the receiving core Tennessee has this year, he really has a good chance to establish himself as a top quarterback.
Ok good as long as we're not getting carried away but I did read the QB rankings thread and was kinda shocked at how many people had Bray #2 or even #1. If it's just a projection cool but based on what we know today? Can't buy that at all.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:45 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Negatives:

• Can get too aggressive with the ball and needs to throw it away more often
Honestly, I think his aggressiveness is one of his biggest strength. He doesn't get gun shy or shrink vs. pressure. He's never afraid to challenge tough SEC defenses regardless if he's up or down. I think that confidence is essential for young QB's in the league. At very least, it's a refreshing contrast to the guy who was taken #1 overall this year.
Old 05-03-2012, 05:54 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
Right now I'd say that Matt Barkley, Aaron Murray, and Logan Thomas are in the top tier of quarterback prospects, with Tyler Bray, Landry Jones, and Tyler Wilson in the second tier (all three need to clean up their footwork.) E.J. Manuel and Geno Smith are in the tier after those guys. Who else am I forgetting?
There's some other interesting names out there, but that's about it as far concrete, top of the class guys.

I'm not buying Logan Thomas and Murray as top tier quarterbacks. I caught most of Thomas' games down the stretch and it looked like he had a long way to go. He has the physical tools, but it was all very simple, vanilla throws. His production on the year wasn't out of this world either, especially with that in mind. I really think people are overrating him a bit based on the success of Cam Newton.

Height is going to be as a solid of a knock as there is on Aaron Murray. There's also some concerns about his accuracy...but it really comes down to height. Fair or not, you have be be rare to cut in in this league as a starter at 5'11-6'0, let alone to be picked in the first round. Murray has certainly been productive, but I'm not ready to put him in that category yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Honestly, I think his aggressiveness is one of his biggest strength. He doesn't get gun shy or shrink vs. pressure. He's never afraid to challenge tough SEC defenses regardless if he's up or down. I think that confidence is essential for young QB's in the league. At very least, it's a refreshing contrast to the guy who was taken #1 overall this year.
Yeah, I agree. There's a balancing act Bray can end up on the wrong side of from time to time, but more often than not his willingness to drive the ball helps him.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:12 PM    (permalink
JaxJag_1
Veteran

JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JaxJag_1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I must be one of the only people that doesn't see it in Aaron Murray.

Bray >>> Murray, in my opinion.

JaxJag_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are the odds that any of these guys declare?
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJag_1 View Post
No, I don't see it either.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am also firmly on the Justin Hunter bandwagon.

I love him every bit as much as Woods and Allen this year, maybe even more...

Definitely a LOT of Randy Moss in that guy, JMO.

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
What are the odds that any of these guys declare?
I'd say pretty high for Justin Hunter and Da'Rick Rogers.
For Bray it really depends on a lot of things such as the season he has, and the types of seasons the other QBs have as well.
I'd say Ja'Wuan James and CP coming out are fairly low odds, though.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say Da'Rick is the most likely to declare early. In fact, I'd be VERY surprised if he's back after this year.

As a fan, I'm more anxious for the start of this year than any I can remember in several years. This team has a ton of potential, but that's just it - it's mostly projection right now. They also have a ton of significant question marks and have been known to underachieve against their top competition. What they all need to do is have productive, healthy seasons, and show up against UGA, UF, Bama, and SCAR.

There's some real potential on defense as well. Maggitt, AJ Johnson, Jacques Smith to name a few. Maggitt and Johnson already look primed to be major players after last season. Smith needs to shake the "Looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane" label. He should be a freak pass rusher with his tools, but that remains to be seen. Those guys aren't 2013 prospects though.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Da'Rick needs more love. He has Dwayne Bowe written all over him with a little bit of Greg Little mixed in.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:53 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxJag_1 View Post

Bray >>> Murray, in my opinion.
No, you're not alone in that. I don't see it in Murray, either.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
Roddoliver
Rookie

Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Roddoliver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Creative parents.
Roddoliver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the past means anything: It's the guys you don't see coming....

Denarius Moore, WR, Raiders. Came out of nowhere, 5th round pick in2011. Tore up the Raiders camp, was awesome in game after game after game.

Averaged almost 19 yds/catch!!!
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm in on the Tyler Bray love as well. He's my #1 rated Quarterback right now.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodgers has every single physical tool in the book...but he dates fat chicks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be interesting to see how Justin Hunter comes back from his injury. He has potential to be the 1st receiver taken in the draft if he plays up to his ability. But if not one could argue his teammate Rogers is a better player.
Old 05-06-2012, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
Rodgers has every single physical tool in the book...but he dates fat chicks.
Post is useless with out pics. Lol.
Old 05-06-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Post is useless with out pics. Lol.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

LMFAO! I don't like his taste. 3rd Round Grade.