Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-03-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
Are we going to be hearing similar things about Fluker as we did to Glenn this past year? I haven't seen him play, so I don't know if they're similar in the slightest, or what (aside from size)
Fluker has started at RT since his freshman yr, reported at age 18 at 340+ lbs. He is an excellent run blocker human road grader, both Mark Ingram & Richardson ran well behind him.

Bama fans like me want to see him return for the senior yr, to be honest he could stand some footwork & pass blocking technique improvement, but with the lure of 1st rd. NFL megabucks it isn't likely.

Last edited by jojo : 05-04-2012 at 08:15 AM.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Not sure he is better than Kuechly, sure might be athletically but hard to argue with Kuechly's production on a much less talented defense than Georgia.
I was Kuechly's biggest fan boy. Love me some impact middle linebackers. I think Kuechly is a beast and his production was off the charts and will continue to be off the charts but I think Ogletree is a little better at making splash plays. A little less instinctive and clearly worse in zone coverage (but thats just b/c Kuechly was so good) but he plays downhill more than Kuechly did, is a better blitzer, takes on blockers better and he's a more explosive hitter. Completely different players.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:50 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do not think DJ Fluker will hold up in pass protection at the next level, especially at RT. He's got really slow feet and he's really heavy. Phil Loadholt v.2. Huge, mauling RT prospect from a big school.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:37 AM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I'm tellin you guys....Sheldon Richardson is going to shoot up draft boards, he had a good season last year, first year at Mizzou. I expect big things from him this year, and he's a great athlete, I'm expecting a 4.75 in the forty, or lower.
Did he turn it on at the end of the year? I watched some of their games early in the year and specifically him when he came in. He didn't seem to make an impact. I don't know whether he was out of shape or what. I heard what a good athlete he was for such a big guy and I was excited to see what he had.
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:06 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
Jesse Williams, the Bama NT currently at DE, weighs like 305 with <2% body fat, a Polynesian from Australia & will be an NFL NT for a 3-4 team.

I don't even have any words for this.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:19 AM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post

I don't even have any words for this.
So I exaggerated his body fat. I saw a pic of him shirtless at Western Arizona Juco as a 19-yr old & he looked like he was carved from marble.

He will return to his natural NG position this fall from DE, we'll see how many laugh at him when he goes to an NFL starts there -- he won't be a typical "fat" NG by any stretch.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:55 AM    (permalink
jbooshey
Rookie

jbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjbooshey is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Not reading through the whole thing, but the 1st page appeared to go without mention of Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin...that is a big oversight.
jbooshey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbooshey View Post
Not reading through the whole thing, but the 1st page appeared to go without mention of Ricky Wagner OT Wisconsin...that is a big oversight.
Is that you, Todd McShay?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:11 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Anyone have an opinion on Kyle Van Noy, LB from BYU? I have to watch him more but I remember being quite impressed with him. Didn't write anything down. He finished last year with 68 tackles, 15 TFL, 7 sacks, 3 interceptions, 3 PBUs, 3 FF and 1 fumble returned for a TD. Listed at 6'3" and 235 pounds.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:17 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

I'm listing players/teams I want to see more of here so that I don't forget any:
Nordly Capi, AJ Klein and Jake Knott, Kyle Van Noy, Gerald Hodges, Michael Clay, Kiko Alonso and Dion Jordan, Aaron Dobson, Khaseem Greene and DC Jefferson, Joseph Fauria, Texas A&M, Florida State, Texas, Tennessee, Oday Aboushi and Morgan Moses, Chris Faulk and Alex Hurst, Derek Carr, Colin Klein and Arthur Brown, re-watch Aaron Murray, Mike Glennon, Toilolo and Ertz, Jonathan Brown, Jelani Jenkins, Corey Nelson and Tony Jefferson, and Stansly Mopanga and Casey Pachall.

Any somewhat under the radar prospects I should make note of now?

One of my favorite guys that isn't getting hype at this point is Zach Line.

Man crush on Keith Price.

<3

Last edited by Bixby (Thumper) : 05-06-2012 at 09:22 AM.
Old 05-06-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not counting my alma mater's prospects (Swope, Porter, Michael, et al.), I'm all aboard the Marquess Wilson bandwagon

As I said weeks ago:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
In 2011,
  • Targets: 122
  • Catches: 81
  • Yards: 1383
  • Yards/Target: 11.3
And now he's going to be in a Mike Leach offense? Yikes.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:45 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
So I exaggerated his body fat. I saw a pic of him shirtless at Western Arizona Juco as a 19-yr old & he looked like he was carved from marble.

He will return to his natural NG position this fall from DE, we'll see how many laugh at him when he goes to an NFL starts there -- he won't be a typical "fat" NG by any stretch.
you didnt exaggerate his body fat, you were just talking out of your ass, not the same thing

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
corrected.

as of today, Gholston is the best prospect out of that group imo. best combo of size and athleticism by a mile.
No love for Dion Jordan on your DE list?
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bixby
I'm listing players/teams I want to see more of here so that I don't forget any:
Nordly Capi, AJ Klein and Jake Knott, Kyle Van Noy, Gerald Hodges, Michael Clay, Kiko Alonso and Dion Jordan, Aaron Dobson, Khaseem Greene and DC Jefferson, Joseph Fauria, Texas A&M, Florida State, Texas, Tennessee, Oday Aboushi and Morgan Moses, Chris Faulk and Alex Hurst, Derek Carr, Colin Klein and Arthur Brown, re-watch Aaron Murray, Mike Glennon, Toilolo and Ertz, Jonathan Brown, Jelani Jenkins, Corey Nelson and Tony Jefferson, and Stansly Mopanga and Casey Pachall.

Any somewhat under the radar prospects I should make note of now?

One of my favorite guys that isn't getting hype at this point is Zach Line.

Man crush on Keith Price.
Gerald Hodges is overrated to me, there are more than two more talented linebackers on Penn State than him, he could be good but so far has been just ok if that. Aaron Dobson I like as well, he has been good for quite awhile now. DC Jefferson, so he did not go out for the draft? If not that is great, kid has a sick tight end body, just needs to produce the way his athletic ability might allow him too. Morgan Moses disappointed last year I think, but he is still young. Faulk could be a stud OT potentially, and Colin Klein makes Tebow look like crap at times running the football at quarterback, kid is very underrated. Arthur Brown is a stud, plays with great leverage and is much more mature than his fool brother. Corey Nelson is a tough one, ideally would be a SS but not sure he can play that spot, and Jefferson ideally is a corner but playing him at linebacker is not good for his development, and Jefferson had a down season last year also I feel.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone seen Renfree the Duke QB? I hear he's got game/talent.