Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 04-19-2012, 05:28 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So got OT/OG Zebrie Sanders and OLB Miles Burris in the forum mock. Sanders was BPA on my board and is an experienced ZBS blocker that will play RT or LG for us in the future. Burris is a prospect I think will give this defense a real edge rusher, and likely back up Wheeler early in his career.

Looking to get a DT, DE, C/OG or WLB with my next 3 picks in the 5th and 6th rounds.

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:41 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanders. Ew.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You nailed it with Miles Burris.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 05:41 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is my pick by pick grades for our draft:

3rd Tony Bergstrom OT/OG Utah Grade: B
Bergstrom might be a round too early, but what he offers to us at LG/RT had to be too much for McKenzie to pass up. Very good size, quick off the snap, and in my mind can be a starting ZBS player for us. He'll likely compete with Carlisle at LG in the pre season.

4th Miles Burris SLB SDSU Grade: A-
As many of you already know I've really liked what I saw from Burris for some time, and thought he'd be a perfect fit as a pass rusher at SLB. Burris is a high motor player that will also bring much needed intinsity to this defense. He and Wheeler should see most the time at SLB this season.

5th Jack Crawford DE Penn State Grade B+
Crawford has been a prospect that the Raiders have been eyeing since the Senior Bowl and looks to be a player that we can plug in right away into our DE rotation. This pick would have been a B grade, but trading down to get the extra 7th has to make this pick get a slighly better grade.

5th Juron Criner WR Arizona Grade: A
I'm a big fan of Criner, and he showed at the Senior Bowl he can easily be productive in the NFL. Criner is a great fit into our WR group, giving Palmer a big red zone target and also a guy who isn't afraid to go over the middle. DHB, Moore and Ford on the outside with Criner and Murphy in the slot sounds good to me.

6th Christo Bilukidi DT Georgia State Grade: C-
Small school prospect that has the size to play at the next level. He will likely need time before he see's any real action, but McKenzie must think this kid could be a run stuffer for this team in the future.

7th Nathan Stupar WLB Penn State Grade: B
Stupar is a solid prospect that projects as a very solid back up and special teams player. We needed a WLB to back up Curry, and Stupar has 4 career INT's, 10 PBU and 5 sacks. Another solid football player added to the team.

My Raiders Mock

Old 04-28-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Bilukidi deserves a solid C...its the 6th round and he seems to have potential.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did we end up with a 7th round pick?
Old 04-28-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
How did we end up with a 7th round pick?
We traded 4ths with Detroit and they gave us their 7th I believe.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 04-28-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did we pick up Marc Tyler or did Green Bay get him?
Old 04-29-2012, 07:56 AM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.
Default Draft...

I thought McKenzie did a decent job in a slim draft year for us. Grabbed a guy to compete on the DL, and a situational pass rusher, along with two raw, developmental prospects at DE and DT. For whatever reason I have a feeling that Crawford is going to be the best player in this draft for us over the long run. If they can add some muscle to that frame and retain the athletic ability you would have your prototypical 3-4 DE / SDE. Burris certainly fills a void as well.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Really digging the Criner pick most of all. Love the idea of a red zone threat with a wide catch radius. High hopes for Burris, as well. I hate judging a guy based on highlight footage, but god damn. That kid has some wheels and want-to in pursuit. Love it. I look for him to immediately stand out on STs.

I didn't have Bergstrom on my radar at all, but it looks like the draftnik perceived value was about right, and he's supposed to be a tough guy. I'm in. Expecting him to start at LG sooner rather than later.

Stupar is going to be our backup MLB, so that addresses a real need.

Derek Carrier and Lucas Nix added via UDFA is more exciting to me than either of the D-line draft picks. Very intrigued to see Carrier, Hardy, and possibly even Marcel Reece vying for our starting TE job, or at the very least, significant playing time there. The position is wide open, so competition should be fun to watch.

Nix should stick due simply to the fact that we have no depth at all across the O-line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I think Bilukidi deserves a solid C...its the 6th round and he seems to have potential.
I dunno. Seems like more of a UDFA/practice squad type. But, this is the new era of Oakland Raider drafting. May take a year or two to get the Al Davis stink off of fan perspective prospect evaluations. Gotta give Reggie the benefit of the doubt with this entire class, even if Bilukidi and Crawford look a little borderline at first.

I'm still struggling with passing up Chapman and adding two more 3/5 techs to a D-line already overstocked with that type of player.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIN1984 View Post
Did we pick up Marc Tyler or did Green Bay get him?
Unofficially, he's a Packer.

Old 04-30-2012, 07:52 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

I think Reggie did a good job with limited picks. On offense Bergstrom fits the scheme perfect. I believe he will see a lot of playing time as a rookie. And I think Criner was a steal, he always reminded me of Marques Colston. On defense we did exactly what I thought, added depth at LB and on the D-line. I believe Miles Burris has a chance to compete for a starting job. We'll see.
Old 04-30-2012, 03:19 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

The oline is shaping up very well, my only concern is what our back up Center situation turns out to be. Alex Parsons can play C/OG and is already on the roster. I think Barnes and Barksdale will end up playing a lot better than expected at RT, I actually have long term hope for Barksdale if he can slim down a bit.

I also saw we picked up FS/SS Aaron Henry from Wisconsin as a UDFA, great addition and has a chance to make the roster IMO. I'm looking for the complete UDFA list right now...

My Raiders Mock

Old 04-30-2012, 07:26 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really liked your guy's draft. A real 180 (or 360 as deangelo hall would say) from Al Davis. They made some pretty underrated moves pre-draft - Signing Brisiel and trading Campbell for Goodson.I know a lot of the Raiders success hinges on Palmer's play. I am not a fan of Pryor at all as a QB...do you guys think the new regime will develop him at all?

This is a list of UDFAs I found:

Oakland Raiders
Marqutte King, P, Fort Valley State
Aaron Henry, S, Wisconsin
Dominique Hamilton, DT, Missouri
Chaz Powell, CB, Penn State
Thomas Mayo, WR, Cal (Pa)
Lucas Nix, OG, Pitt
Conroy Black, CB, Utah
Dan Knapp, OL, Arizona State
Derek Carrier, TE, Beloit
Mario Kurn, LB, San Diego
Kaelin Burnett, DE, Nevada
Brandon Carswell, USC, WR
Rod Streater, WR, Temple
Ralph Guidry, DT, Kansas State
Corey Gatewood, CB, Stanford
Darius Nall, DE, UCF (TRYOUT)
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I'm looking for the complete UDFA list right now...
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/2012-...ed-free-agents

Nothing's official until it's official, but this guy is universally considered the most plugged in UDFA source out there.

Old 05-01-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Aaron Henry really jumps out to me on that list, there is a real chance in my mind that he makes the team this year. Hamilton is a big NT that we need, but we'll see if he has anything to show. Also Lucas Nix is a guy Scott was high on, rated 6th on his OG rankings.

My Raiders Mock

Old 05-01-2012, 06:07 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raiders signed Leinart. Good insurance policy IMO.
Old 05-01-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I certainly feel much better about Leinart as the backup QB than Pryor.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:25 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

What do you guys think your future is going to be at the QB position? I think Pryor may even be a long shot to make the roster this year. It's too bad that was Al's last move.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Pryor will make the roster this year. It's next year that I really wonder about him. He may be asked to make a position change by then, and if reports are accurate, he'll respond to the idea negatively.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Man I just want the Pryor experiment to end already. I also want the Palmer ordeal to end too. I just want a good QB already lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-04-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Man I just want the Pryor experiment to end already. I also want the Palmer ordeal to end too. I just want a good QB already lol
Depending on how this year plays out, you may get what you want with this strong Senior QB class. There might be 4 1st Round QBs next year and if Palmer doesn't improve I can't see us passing on Barkley/Wilson/Thomas/Jones, with Bray/Murray as potential underclassmen.

My Raiders Mock

Old 05-05-2012, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Depending on how this year plays out, you may get what you want with this strong Senior QB class. There might be 4 1st Round QBs next year and if Palmer doesn't improve I can't see us passing on Barkley/Wilson/Thomas/Jones, with Bray/Murray as potential underclassmen.
I would jizz myself if we got Barkley...but I think Bray and Barks will fight for no. 1....don't see us being bad enough to get that slot but any of the other signal callers could be there.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

I don't see us picking top 5/10, we have the offensive talent and hopefully an improved defense from a often hurt 8-8 team. If we try to get our future QB in 2013, I think he leading candidate could be a guy like Tyler Wilson. But really this season relies on how Palmer is able to improve off a up and down half season and if DMC and others can stay relatively healthy through out the season.

In other news, looks like Cedric Benson and Ryan Grant both might be guys we look to sign sometime this off season. Goodson was a good pick up, but I think he might end up being in the Rock Cartwright type role as a RB/FB. Benson has said he will sign for the veteran min, and could be the power back needed to compliment DMC/Jones.

My Raiders Mock

Old 05-05-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Yea, if Rusty doesn't get it done, I would be stoked if Wilson was available to us.

I'd be ok with either one. Maybe Benson because he bangs a little more and Grant has injuries.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-05-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yea, if Rusty doesn't get it done, I would be stoked if Wilson was available to us.

I'd be ok with either one. Maybe Benson because he bangs a little more and Grant has injuries.
Both guys have visited other teams and left without deals so far and Raiders insiders have said the Raiders have interest. So hopefully this might turn out as a waiting game to see what UDFA impress teams.

Also it's rumored Tommy Kely will be used as a NT when we give a 3-4 front, with Seymour and Houston likely getting the starting jobs at DE. Tollefson will hopefully be used as a stand up pass rusher to go with Burris and Wheeler. I'm so excited to see our defense finally have an up to date scheme.

My Raiders Mock