Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-02-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
I think this plot thread has basically run its course. The scare with the government clearance last season was the last of it (I hope). Not sure what else could be fleshed out about it to take it from a new angle. He's already had someone threaten to expose/blackmail him about it (Pete in S1).

I love this season. The back half of the episodes will surely reveal some sort of greater conflict/meaning.
With his past already being talked about nonchalantly at the start of the season I think it's done as well. I have been loving this season. So many interesting little storylines being set up. Personally I would really like to see some more Ginsberg.
Old 05-02-2012, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep, more Ginsberg is gonna be required if they went to the trouble of introducing him. I think he's an interesting character so far. I want to see more of his pitches to clients.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:35 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

'You know you're good at all of it. You had the idea, feeding me the pitch, knowing when to pull the trigger, at that moment......I was just gonna scream in his stupid face.'
Old 05-02-2012, 09:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
This season has more Pete. Any season with more Pete is a good season.
Agreed, Pete Campbell is a great character.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, when is Greg going to die in Vietnam?
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:20 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Meh, he is off the show anyway. I wonder if he will ever find out the baby is not his. Probably when the baby has that lovely silver fox hair from birth.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I doubt he will. Joan made an off-hand comment when speaking to Peggy last episode about how they're still married and doesn't appear able to get a divorce as long as he's in Vietnam.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another episode tonight! Headin into the home stretch..
Old 05-06-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Home stretch? How many more episodes are there? I certainly feel like it isn't near the end unless its an insanely short season. Are they doing one of those rudy cool midseason breaks?
Old 05-06-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Home stretch? How many more episodes are there? I certainly feel like it isn't near the end unless its an insanely short season. Are they doing one of those rudy cool midseason breaks?
Over half way done, I believe tonight is the 7th of 13 episodes. I think something really important and season-changing is going to happen in today's episode. Just a feeling I have.
Old 05-06-2012, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
Over half way done, I believe tonight is the 7th of 13 episodes. I think something really important and season-changing is going to happen in today's episode. Just a feeling I have.
8th episode. 2-hour premiere counts as two. 6 episodes left.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Another fantastic episode. The last 1/3 to 1/4 of the episode is always soo ******* strong. It just constantly builds. I don't know how they do it.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-Pete Campbell getting suicide coverage.
-The empty elevator shaft.
-Revolver album (ok, maybe that one's a bit of a stretch but who knows)

more allusions to death.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Anyone think they might kill off Megan?

I think all of the allusions to death centered on Pete will be a fake-out. Megan isn't entrenched enough still in the main cast and I can't see them parting with one of the top-billed actors with 2 seasons remaining.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Anyone think they might kill off Megan?

I think all of the allusions to death centered on Pete will be a fake-out. Megan isn't entrenched enough still in the main cast and I can't see them parting with one of the top-billed actors with 2 seasons remaining.
I don't know if Mad Men will ever be the kind of show that just kills off characters. I mean, look at the first four seasons. Who dies? Pete's dad? Betty's dad? Old people? We have to wait about three months before we can talk about an AMC show that kills off main characters.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I don't know if Mad Men will ever be the kind of show that just kills off characters. I mean, look at the first four seasons. Who dies? Pete's dad? Betty's dad? Old people? We have to wait about three months before we can talk about an AMC show that kills off main characters.
Mad Men is exactly the type of show to kill a major character, but not in some stupid way just to get people to react to it or for a ratings stunt.

All these allusions to death are not a red herring. They've been non-stop this season.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would have agreed with you if they weren't obsessed with showing weekly links to death related things. Someone is dying this season, it isn't the type of show to focus on this stuff for no reason. I'd guess Pete just because he's going down that road, but probably going to be someone unexpected like Megan such as Daniel up there said.

Quote:
Mad Men is exactly the type of show to kill a major character, but not in some stupid way just to get people to react to it or for a ratings stunt.

All these allusions to death are not a red herring. They've been non-stop this season.
Is that a shot at Breaking Bad? I'll kill you.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:

I don't know, I'm just saying Mad Men never does what I expect it to do. Whatever happens is likely going to be completely different than anything we're talking about.

Also, does anyone else notice how stupid the next episode previews are? It's just characters saying random lines.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I don't know, I'm just saying Mad Men never does what I expect it to do. Whatever happens is likely going to be completely different than anything we're talking about.

Also, does anyone else notice how stupid the next episode previews are? It's just characters saying random lines.
Yeah, which is why I suggested the constant Pete and death associations will be the fakeout, and it'll be someone we wouldn't be expecting.

The "previews" have always been completely vague and infinitely more ominous sounding than they should be.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
Yeah, which is why I suggested the constant Pete and death associations will be the fakeout, and it'll be someone we wouldn't be expecting.

The "previews" have always been completely vague and infinitely more ominous sounding than they should be.
I'm going to put my money on Ginsberg or Harry.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I'm going to put my money on Ginsberg or Harry.
Their deaths would be far too insignificant for the writers to even go to the trouble. At least Cooper's death might have an impact of sorts on the agency, if only in the sense that they've lost their patriarch.
Old 05-06-2012, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's too early for Ginsberg, they can't just kill him off without giving his character some more time. Nobody gives a **** about Harry, so they'd probably laugh if he died.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Pete will hit Megan with his car and kill her, and then next season will be a whodunit.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:37 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
-Pete Campbell getting suicide coverage.
-The empty elevator shaft.
-Revolver album (ok, maybe that one's a bit of a stretch but who knows)

more allusions to death.
Megan also playing dead in her acting class

Quote:
Turn off your mind, relax and float down stream,
It is not dying, it is not dying

Lay down all thoughts, surrender to the void,
It is shining, it is shining.

Yet you may see the meaning of within
It is being, it is being

Love is all and love is everyone
It is knowing, it is knowing

And ignorance and hate mourn the dead
It is believing, it is believing

But listen to the color of your dreams
It is not leaving, it is not leaving

So play the game "Existence" to the end
Of the beginning, of the beginning

Last edited by fenikz : 05-07-2012 at 05:39 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn Mr Belding let himself go
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote