Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-07-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Captain America was my least favorite out of all the Marvel movies recently. They definitely need to make his character more interesting in the 2nd.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
Apparently Daredevil and the Fantastic Four are two franchise Marvel is working hard to get back. Both are on timed deals from what I understand, wherein the studios have to produce a movie by a certain year or the rights revert back to Marvel studios. If both franchises aren't rebooted soon, we could see Marvel getting those characters back into their own fold. Not that I really care about either, and I thought The Avengers worked spectacularly as it was, but I think those are some legitimate options.
I hope Fantastic Four and DareDevil do go back to Marvel Studios. Daredevil is older than Ghost Rider. It should be about time for Dare Devil to come back. The thing I'm worried about now is that since the Avengers was so successful those two franchises may get their own rushed reboots just like Ghost Rider. We may get a rash of superhero films now. And we'll see if America truly gets tired of them.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:34 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
Captain America was my least favorite out of all the Marvel movies recently. They definitely need to make his character more interesting in the 2nd.
The problem with Captain America is that he isn't interesting. He's alot like Superman in that regard, in that he's an iconic character, but not an interesting one. He's the noble/goldenboy type that every team needs, but it doesn't make for an interesting solo movie. He's one of the few characters whose time in the comics is very rarely tainted by anything out of character.

Personally, I think it's something that the Hulk suffered from in recent adaptations. The Hulk isn't an interesting character when he's just that "force of nature" that gets released on the world and Banner is constantly running from. He becomes an interesting character when he's given a personality and the relationship between Banner and the Hulk is more then Banner trying to suppress him, which is exactly what you saw in The Avengers. Whedon did a brilliant job writing Banner/Hulk, and I think it's the first time we've seen him done properly on the big screen, honestly. Also loved that the actual Hulk render looked alot like Mark Ruffalo, it really added some humanity to the character that's never really been there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Also just some of my initial thoughts on some particular scenes towards the end of the film
As much as I'd love for them to be setting up the Marvel Civil War, I don't see it happening. I think it was more just of a Avengers/Superheros/Aliens etc becoming public knowledge. And for them to do Civil War, they'd have to not use the Hulk or really change it. Thor is a robot if I recall correctly because hes missing. Spider-Man would be a huge MUST, as would be some other characters. The cast would have to be huge, even if they cut out a lot.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:38 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It's one of the best movies I've seen in a very long time. Easily one of the best "blockbuster" type movies I've ever seen, and more enjoyable then anything in recent memory save something like Scott Pilgrim.

Captain America 2, Iron Man 3, and Thor 2 have all been confirmed for before another Avengers movie. Captain America 2 is supposedly focusing on his struggles fitting into the modern world, with a ton of flashbacks and the Winter Soldier storyline worked in there somewhere. Iron Man 3 already has Ben Kingsley as the villain and Guy Pearce as a scientist working with Tony Stark and will focus on the Extremis storyline (Basically, nanobots). Thor 2 is pretty vague at the moment, but supposedly it's going to focus on his relationship with Jane Foster and I can only assume that it will have a ton to do with the more cosmic storylines developed in The Avengers.
Ben Kingsley I'm guessing is going to portray Mandarin? I might have gone for a younger choice if that's the case. He's also a skilled marital artist. And if the ten rings come into play I wonder how much "magic" vs. "science" they'll have incorporated into them.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
ryno626
Rookie

ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ryno626 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As cool as it would be to get some more heros into the next avengers, I think I would be happy if they just kept the current line up in or made minimal additions to the team as is. I would rather focus on these characters developing stronger relationships with each other than just adding in a bunch of new characters.

Also, I completely agree that Doom being a villain would be so kick ass.
Yea you're right, it'd probably turn into a giant clusterf*ck if there was a revolving door of members every movie.
ryno626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:40 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Ben Kingsley I'm guessing is going to portray Mandarin? I might have gone for a younger choice if that's the case. He's also a skilled marital artist. And if the ten rings come into play I wonder how much "magic" vs. "science" they'll have incorporated into them.
Initial reports are that Kingsley is playing an as of yet unreleased villain, but they did confirm it won't be The Mandarin. Apparently Shane Black didn't want to continue that arc where Jon Favreau left off, so they're moving in the nanotech direction instead. I don't really trust anything Kevin Feige says these days though, wouldn't shock me if Kingsley was the Mandarin, he looks just ******* like him.
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 05-07-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
The problem with Captain America is that he isn't interesting. He's alot like Superman in that regard, in that he's an iconic character, but not an interesting one. He's the noble/goldenboy type that every team needs, but it doesn't make for an interesting solo movie. He's one of the few characters whose time in the comics is very rarely tainted by anything out of character.
I disagree. I was really impressed by the first Captain America film. And now that he's in the future, they have the chance to go deeper with the character and establish how he struggles related to the modern world. In the comics he's haunted by the aspect of being in another time, essentially another world. America, his country has also changed in a lot of ways since he was around. I think they can go far with Captain America.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2012, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Initial reports are that Kingsley is playing an as of yet unreleased villain, but they did confirm it won't be The Mandarin. Apparently Shane Black didn't want to continue that arc where Jon Favreau left off, so they're moving in the nanotech direction instead. I don't really trust anything Kevin Feige says these days though, wouldn't shock me if Kingsley was the Mandarin, he looks just ******* like him.
Oh that's right. Different director. Well, I just hope Feige can keep the same tone from the first two movies.

And no Mandarin? That's a shame.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2012, 01:45 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I disagree. I was really impressed by the first Captain America film. And now that he's in the future, they have the chance to go deeper with the character and establish how he struggles related to the modern world. In the comics he's haunted by the aspect of being in another time, essentially another world. America, his country has also changed in a lot of ways since he was around. I think they can go far with Captain America.
It's probably a matter of opinion, but I've been reading comics for the better part of my life and I've never found him to be an overly compelling character. A necessary one, but I can name 10 heroes off the top of my head whose individual arcs I'd rather read then Captain America. I think you're right in that examining him "out of time" is kind of cool, but really that aspect of his character just points to the ways in which society has regressed since the WWII era. They kind of touch upon that in The Avengers as well, his dissatisfaction with the way the world progressed while he slept, but there's really only so much they can do with it. Again, probably matter of opinion, but I'd love a solo Hulk movie way more then Captain America 2.
Quote:
Old 05-07-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

So I'm guessing The Wasp is in the next film. They'll want to add another female maybe. And she's been apart of The Avengers for a good amount of their history.

Oh and no "widow's bite" from Black Widow in the movie. Seems like her wristbands were just for show.

Quote:
Old 05-07-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I told you guys that credit scene was the ******* bomb!

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:30 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So I'm guessing The Wasp is in the next film. They'll want to add another female maybe. And she's been apart of The Avengers for a good amount of their history.

Oh and no "widow's bite" from Black Widow in the movie. Seems like her wristbands were just for show.
If they add The Wasp I'd imagine they would add Ant-Man as well. I really hoped to see a cameo for them in Avengers.

Sig by Hitman D.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh that's right. Different director. Well, I just hope Feige can keep the same tone from the first two movies.

And no Mandarin? That's a shame.
It'll be Mandarin. Shane Black is just dicking around.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

I have the urge to play this again:

Quote:
Old 05-07-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats happening with the Spider Man remake movies?
Old 05-07-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Whats happening with the Spider Man remake movies?
Seems weird to me that they are re-booting it so soon. It's not like with Hulk where the first movie sucked so they tried again.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Seems weird to me that they are re-booting it so soon. It's not like with Hulk where the first movie sucked so they tried again.
It made a ******** of money. They want to make a ******** of money again.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The third movie was an abortion.
1st Hulk >>> SpiderMan 3

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
jayceheathman
All-Pro

jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jayceheathman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Will The Dark Knight Rises beat the ridiculous weekend gross of 207.4 million that the Avengers made?
Old 05-07-2012, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No it wont. I have been saying to my friends for awhile it just isn't getting the hype or publicity it needs to get people to flock to it like the Avengers did. Theyve done a pretty terrible job in that department despite the new trailer being awesome. I'm an avid batman fan so I'll flock to it, but I just dont think the same can be said for all the people who went to the avengers. So long as it is a solid movie I'll be happy tho, really wont matter what the total gross of it is the first weekend for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Job Reborn
Pro Bowler

Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job Reborn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No it wont. I have been saying to my friends for awhile it just isn't getting the hype or publicity it needs to get people to flock to it like the Avengers did. Theyve done a pretty terrible job in that department despite the new trailer being awesome. I'm an avid batman fan so I'll flock to it, but I just dont think the same can be said for all the people who went to the avengers. So long as it is a solid movie I'll be happy tho, really wont matter what the total gross of it is the first weekend for me.
There's still two and a half months to go. How big was The Avengers' hype three months ago? Dark Knight rises will surpass the avengers.
Job Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:29 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DKR won't beat out the Avengers solely because it won't be shown in 3D. I think more people will go see Batman but Avengers will make more money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think TDKR will beat Avengers solely because Avengers is every geeks wish come true. Multiple heroes all in one movie.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
They don't want the rights to go back to Marvel. It was a good business decision. They essentially had to make another movie involving Spiderman.

Quote: