Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 05-07-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved Longwell, you knew exactly what you were getting out of him, which was comforting on this team.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would have rather seen Longwell come into training camp to force some competition. Some lucky team is gonna get a solid kicker. Listening, Redskins/Cowboys?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the stadium bill finally made it through the house as i assume you all are aware. the vikings had to increase their share by 100 million.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:51 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
the stadium bill finally made it through the house as i assume you all are aware. the vikings had to increase their share by 100 million.
From what I've heard, that $105 million increase in the Vikings share will likely be negotiated, especially considering that the Senate has a separate, different bill, and if that passes, the bills will have to be worked out in a committee before being put to a final vote. This is a big step though as it has been widely reported that getting it to pass through the House was the biggest challenge.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 01:41 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
From what I've heard, that $105 million increase in the Vikings share will likely be negotiated, especially considering that the Senate has a separate, different bill, and if that passes, the bills will have to be worked out in a committee before being put to a final vote. This is a big step though as it has been widely reported that getting it to pass through the House was the biggest challenge.
Good news from the Senate as well, as the bill passed the Senate, with an increase to $452 million in the Vikings share, which is significantly lower than the House's: $532 million. That leaves $80 mil to be negotiated in the conference committee, which is made up of 3 members from the house and 3 from the Senate, all 6 of whom voted yes to the bills.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Taber21
Rookie

Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Taber21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had Rocky MacIntosh in for a visit I guess. He's got a lot of starting experience and played in a 4-3 for a number of years. I'd think he would battle Brinkley for the starting MLB job, with the loser providing needed depth. Of course that would be IF we bring him in, which hasn't happened yet.
Old 05-09-2012, 10:19 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Good news from the Senate as well, as the bill passed the Senate, with an increase to $452 million in the Vikings share, which is significantly lower than the House's: $532 million. That leaves $80 mil to be negotiated in the conference committee, which is made up of 3 members from the house and 3 from the Senate, all 6 of whom voted yes to the bills.
While both of these have been big steps, both votes were pretty close the first time, and the conference committee is definitely going to come up with a bill with more public funding, maybe causing a few of those yes votes to turn into nos.

And all of this is assuming the bill they agree with is acceptable to the Vikings. There's still a lot of things that can go wrong.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 11:48 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
While both of these have been big steps, both votes were pretty close the first time, and the conference committee is definitely going to come up with a bill with more public funding, maybe causing a few of those yes votes to turn into nos.

And all of this is assuming the bill they agree with is acceptable to the Vikings. There's still a lot of things that can go wrong.
Oh, there definitely is, don't get me wrong, but this is still good news, which is all I was saying.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 05-10-2012, 01:03 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
Tom Pelissero
‏ @TomPelissero

Congratulations, #Vikings fans. You're thisclose to every one of your horrible, gut-wrenching memories still hurting for another 30 years.
God dammit. So sad, yet so true.

I know that the bill hasn't passed yet, but it came out of the conference committee in good shape, and the Vikings okayed it, so all that is left are the House and Senate final votes, and the Minneapolis city council vote. Not getting my hopes up too high yet, as our legislators are always good to throw a wrench in the works.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 05-10-2012, 10:29 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

as far as i've heard, this passed through the house again this morning right? So just the senate has to approve it?

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:31 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yup, senate is going to vote on it this afternoon then it's just the governor vote, and Dayton has been for it all along.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:57 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you forgot about the Minneapolis City Council's vote. And while they previously said that they approved of it, there is no assurance that those assholes will stick to their word. They are the scariest part of the remaining steps, in my opinion.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:06 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

so the minneapolis city council can basically shut down the entire operation even if the governor signs on it?

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:07 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
you forgot about the Minneapolis City Council's vote. And while they previously said that they approved of it, there is no assurance that those assholes will stick to their word. They are the scariest part of the remaining steps, in my opinion.
Its the scariest because its basically the only step left. Its basically a formality, like you said they already said they would vote for it and they won't deal with the shitstorm it would cause if they were the ones to shut it down after all of this.

Here's to 30 more years and a couple more lost NFC Championship games.
Old 05-11-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/vikes-o...4341--nfl.html

Quote:
Minnesota Vikings owners Zygi and Mark Wilf appear to be leaning in favor of a retractable roof for their new stadium.

The brothers scored a major victory on Thursday when they won legislative approval for a publicly subsidized $975 million stadium that is targeted to open in 2016. Lawmakers included a provision that allows for a retractable roof, but made it clear that the Vikings would have to pay the extra costs for it.

The exact price tag isn't currently known. But the Wilfs said Friday that they are exploring the idea. Mark Wilf says they want to make the stadium as attractive to fans as possible. If a retractable roof is the best way to go, he says ''we're going to try to do it.''
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 09:03 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:39 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry to be so late, and to be so inactive on this thread in general, but I'm pretty ******* happy that I don't have to become a Chiefs fan
Old 05-16-2012, 09:26 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Sorry to be so late, and to be so inactive on this thread in general, but I'm pretty ******* happy that I don't have to become a Chiefs fan
It sounds cliche but the chiefs are actually my AFC team. I would have been very upset though if the vikings would have left.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It sounds cliche but the chiefs are actually my AFC team. I would have been very upset though if the vikings would have left.
I would have gone with either Jets, Bills or stick with the team most likely. Jets and Bills being my hometown teams.. But Im happy for the state of Minnesota for getting this done because it needed to happen. Imagining the Vikings not be a team and not imagining Packers vs Vikings would be crazy. Can't wait to see this stadium in 2016.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Vikings4ever
Veteran

Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikings4ever is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...141211429.html

Quote:
Winslow not wanted in Tampa Bay? Ross Tucker of SIRIUS NFL Radio broke the news on his Twitter account this morning -- while hosting his show and talking to guest Kellen Winslow, Jr., it was revealed that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers under new head coach Greg Schiano want to go in a different direction, and are looking to trade the veteran tight end. Winslow said that he got the news Saturday night -- the Bucs will look to trade him to the right team, and if that doesn't work out (which it won't now ... public knowledge tends to kill trade value), he may be released. Winslow had one of his best seasons in 2010, but declined along with the rest of Tampa Bay's offense in 2011. Schiano may prefer more traditional blocking tight ends in what projects to be a run-heavy offense. He also said that the team was unhappy about his choice to work away from the facility this offseason.
I know we just signed Carlson and drafted Ellison, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Vikes make a play for him if he's released (or is made available for a very low round pick). He never really lived up to his hype, but he's still a very talented receiver.
Vikings4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:18 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikings4ever View Post
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...141211429.html

I know we just signed Carlson and drafted Ellison, but I wouldn't mind seeing the Vikes make a play for him if he's released (or is made available for a very low round pick). He never really lived up to his hype, but he's still a very talented receiver.
Forgot about Rudolph. We don't need a tight end.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Minneapolis City Council OKs Vikings Stadium plan

Quote:
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The $1 billion public-private plan to build a new stadium for the Minnesota Vikings took one of its final steps toward reality Thursday, as a slim majority of the Minneapolis City Council voted in favor of a sales tax shift to help pay for it.

A committee comprised of the entire 13-member council voted 7-6 to make the city a partner in helping the Vikings replace the Metrodome, putting up $150 million for construction and another $159 million in later operating costs. One final council vote is scheduled for Friday by the same group and is all but certain to have the same outcome.

With Mayor R.T. Rybak pushing hard for the stadium, opponents on the council appeared resigned to their loss. But they used the meeting as something of a last stand, blasting the project as corporate welfare disproportionately funded by Minneapolis taxpayers and arguing that residents should have had a voice in a citywide referendum.

"To me this is a very sad day for our city," said Councilwoman Lisa Goodman, who said the stadium's costs to her constituents outweigh its benefits. Goodman said she was ashamed that fellow Democrats, led by Gov. Mark Dayton and Rybak, took the lead in getting the deal done.

Rybak and his backers on the council said it was a good deal for city taxpayers and estimated the project would generate 7,500 construction jobs in the city.

"This is not something that's all about billionaires," Rybak said, in reference to team owners Zygi and Mark Wilf. "This is about lots and lots of people who need work."

The state will pony up $348 million from tax revenue that's projected to come from an expansion of low-stakes gambling in bars. The Vikings are responsible for $477 million, though much of that is likely to come from stadium-related profits, including naming rights, and a contribution from the NFL.

Minneapolis' money will be collected from an existing set of sales taxes, which includes a citywide general sales tax, a downtown restaurant and liquor tax and a hotel room tax. The money generated currently pays debt on construction of the city's convention center. When that obligation is fulfilled in 2020, the taxes will be redirected to paying off stadium debt through 2045.

As part of the deal, Minneapolis will also be able to use another $150 million of those sales tax proceeds to upgrade the aging Target Center basketball arena. Proponents say that will free the city of much of its ongoing financial obligation to Target Center and result in property tax savings for homeowners.

But stadium backers on the council spent more time pitching the creation of construction jobs to an audience of hard-hatted construction workers that filled council chambers during the more than three-hour meeting. Influential unions pushed hard for the stadium plan and were pivotal in lining up council support at a time when it appeared Rybak was having trouble assembling a majority.

"I don't like making rich guys richer," said Councilman Don Samuels, who represents the city's economically challenged north side. "But in this case, while the rich get richer, the poor will get richer too."

Councilman Gary Schiff said the jobs will come at a steep cost to the city's taxpayers. If 7,500 jobs are created, he estimated, the city's total contribution would be about $90,000 per job.

"I just think this is a deal that generations to come will criticize us for," Schiff said.

Dayton and Rybak will soon appoint a five-member "stadium authority" to get the project rolling. Actual construction, at the current Metrodome site, is not likely to get underway until spring of 2013.

Read more: http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/a...#ixzz1vpjzDvXi

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 05-30-2012, 01:25 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asher Allen Retired today according to Leslie Frazier.

Old 05-30-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

oh well, bye asher allen...

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 05-30-2012, 07:24 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

Quote:
oh well, bye asher allen...
Yeah he isn't gonna be a huge lost.. It just sucks because we are so weak at CB.