Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 05-05-2012, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Prospect of the Day: Star Lotulelei, DT, Utah

NT Star Lotulelei, Utah

#92 - 6'4 – 325 lbs. – 22 years old

This guy is a beast, a force in the middle. Easily a first round pick at this point, IMO.

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:21 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
NT Star Lotulelei, Utah

#92 - 6'4 325 lbs. 22 years old

This guy is a beast, a force in the middle. Easily a first round pick at this point, IMO.

He is going to be dominant when/if he learns to get his hands on his man with better leverage.
Old 05-05-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is he Haloti Ngata or is he Alameda Ta'amu? Seems more like Ta'amu to me.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
He is a Haloti Ngata'd version of Alameda Ta'amu.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-05-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Todd McShay has Star Lotulelei going #1 Overall in his 2013 Mock..
Old 05-05-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty quick and athletic for a big guy.
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:51 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know this is a little nitpicky but I think people only call him a nose tackle is because he's Polynesian. 3-4 NT is pretty much the only interior position I wouldn't play him at.

Other than that he's a beast who wouldn't have gotten out of the top 15 this year.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
I know this is a little nitpicky but I think people only call him a nose tackle is because he's Polynesian. 3-4 NT is pretty much the only interior position I wouldn't play him at.

Other than that he's a beast who wouldn't have gotten out of the top 15 this year.
Yeah, from what I saw I think you could kick him out to 5 tech or switch him around, kind of like what NE does with Wilfork and BAL does with Ngata. A lot of defensive line versatility.

Props to clover_jeez!
Old 05-05-2012, 10:25 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He reminds me alot of Isaac Sopoaga. Bigger even. Sopoaga has excelled at both DE and NT in a 3-4. Not a prototype 0-Tech 2-gapper, but I think his game translates nicely the way Sopoaga's has.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:48 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post

Yeah would have been the #1 DT in 2012. Definitely one of the more interesting players in college football.

Btw did no one learn a thing with Ngata? Most of these "NT" prospects can play any spot on the 3-4 DL, and the best are just DT no difference between UT and NT in a 4-3. I mean who cared what KIND of DT role Henderson/Stroud played together? If you have that kind of size and athleticism...

Last edited by SenorGato : 05-05-2012 at 11:54 PM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:58 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

I got him at pick #32 in the most recent 2013 Forum Mock. He's definitely being slept on.
Old 05-06-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He looks like he has the size to hit NT, but he could also be a 5 tech. Guy just doesn't get pushed off the line. Even if he doesn't make the tackles he creates penetration and that is what you want. Excellent prospect.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
I don't see it. I see Wilfork as a better comparison for Lotulelei. I think Lotu can play 0-tech, 1-tech and 3-tech at a high level so he's pretty scheme diverse. I wouldn't put him at 5-tech though. Lotu is most definitely my number one DT for the 2013 class right now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:05 AM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I don't see it. I see Wilfork as a better comparison for Lotulelei. I think Lotu can play 0-tech, 1-tech and 3-tech at a high level so he's pretty scheme diverse. I wouldn't put him at 5-tech though. Lotu is most definitely my number one DT for the 2013 class right now.
I like the Wilfork comparison too. I see a guy who can anchor in the middle of the defense when necessary but also has great athleticism for a big man and can push the pocket and create disruption. All in all the defensive line class for next year is outstanding should the majority of them come out.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's getting terrible body separation between him and the OL. He's in position to make plays that are not being made and many of them are single teams.

That's a big concern. His hand technique looks awful.

But he's definitely one of the 25 best guys to watch this upcoming season.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Scott Wright
Owner
All-NFLDC

Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scott Wright is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been singing this guy's praises since January.

Still surprised he didn't consider coming out early more seriously.

Releasing my annual "Look Ahead" feature on Monday and Mr. Lotulelei will rank very high.

Twitter: twitter.com/DraftCountdown

Draft Countdown Podcast, Every Tuesday at 8 PM EST
www.blogtalkradio.com/draftcountdown and on iTunes

Scott Wright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
Duffman57
Veteran

Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Duffman57 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I've been singing this guy's praises since January.

Still surprised he didn't consider coming out early more seriously.

Releasing my annual "Look Ahead" feature on Monday and Mr. Lotulelei will rank very high.
Yah, but i (think i did) started the thread on him back during the season right after he played vs. USC and dominated. I was pimpin him since the first few games of the season.

He's VERY BJ Raji esque. Ability to play NT, but can play all over the line at different positions in a 3-4 or 4-3.

EDIT: Crap Nevermind, that was only on footballs future that i posted that topic.

Last edited by Duffman57 : 05-06-2012 at 04:42 PM.
Duffman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Star high, star bright please grant me this wish tonight...

"The Dallas Cowboys have traded up to select DT Star Lotulelei from the University of Utah"
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:56 PM    (permalink
ChiefMojo
Rookie

ChiefMojo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Everyone does have to remember that when your talking NT's or 5-Tech's what you see now is not what you will see 3-5 years from now. Those are positions once they get to the NFL they have to be developed. The technique and leverage of a NT/5-Tech is something majority of colleges aren't able to teach the way the NFL can/expects.

So what flaws you see in someone like Star now will hopefully be corrected in a few years in the NFL. Imo most NT's don't hit their stride until their later 20's.
ChiefMojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
gator3guy
Veteran

gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gator3guy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Star Power...Star year.
gator3guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:05 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Todd McShay has Star Lotulelei going #1 Overall in his 2013 Mock..
Todd also had Fili Moala going #1 in a mock after the draft a few years ago haha

Clearly a talented kid...he does need to become more disciplined though because there are far too many times where he gets too deep and takes himself out of the play

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Todd also had Fili Moala going #1 in a mock after the draft a few years ago haha

Clearly a talented kid...he does need to become more disciplined though because there are far too many times where he gets too deep and takes himself out of the play
Hahaha! I remember that!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote