Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-06-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He'll have a huge year but I still don't think he'll be the first QB taken. Height, arm questions, level of talent around him, room to grow all don't go in his favor, fairly or unfairly.

He'll be a really good QB at the next level. Someone is going to get lucky next year.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:43 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
He'll have a huge year but I still don't think he'll be the first QB taken. Height, arm questions, level of talent around him, room to grow all don't go in his favor, fairly or unfairly.

He'll be a really good QB at the next level. Someone is going to get lucky next year.
That didnt go against Luck, and Barks arm is better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:12 AM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as he measures in at 6'2" or better he will be the first QB drafted.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
That didnt go against Luck, and Barks arm is better.
Luck is 6'4 240 and is in a different stratosphere athletically compared to Barkley.

Barkley is going to get picked apart kind of unfairly next year. People will bring up things he can't control to knock him like his height, horrible Pac-10 Defenses, and the quality talent around him.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 06:54 PM    (permalink
SolidGold
Pro Bowler

SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SolidGold is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
Luck is 6'4 240 and is in a different stratosphere athletically compared to Barkley.

Barkley is going to get picked apart kind of unfairly next year. People will bring up things he can't control to knock him like his height, horrible Pac-10 Defenses, and the quality talent around him.
As long as he measures at 6'2" at the combine he will be fine. The Big 12 is just as bad if not worse than the Pac-12 defensively yet they have had Freeman, Griffin, Weeden and Bradford all drafted in round 1 in the past few years. I can't really argue the the talent around him but I can point to his huge jump in development from year 1 to year 2 to year 3 as an indicator that he is getting better and learning/understanding the game at a high level.
SolidGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Sportsfan486
Pro Bowler

Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sportsfan486 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like Barkley a bit. He shows good use of progression passing, which is rare for a college QB. I think his arm is more than adequate and I like a lot of his throws.

His height will be a question as will how he performs under pressure and overall decision making.

These USC QBs are always tough, though, as they're surrounded by such talented teams that it's really hard to get a good gauge. I also think that's true about Andrew Luck, who I'm not nearly as high on as most; those Stanford teams, offensively, were a gold mine of draftable talent.

When being a fanboi goes too far.
Sportsfan486 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkley's arm isn't better than Luck's.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barkley will likely be a divisive prospect if he continues to get top 10 talk. His fans will point to his production, polish, experience, maturity, etc. His critics will point to his lack of elite physical talent and the fact he's been surrounded by a lot of talent. There's going to be many a Matt Barkley debate on this board over the next year.
Old 05-07-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Barkley's arm isn't better than Luck's.
Yes it is.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 05-11-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope Brian Brohm 2.0 turns out well for all you fan boys...
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes it is.
But really, it isn't.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
But really, it isn't.

Maybe to a USC fan. Not throwing a lot of fast balls=/= inability.

70 yard rope into the wind, hitting a receiver perfect in stride.... MAtt Barkley won't be doing.
Old 05-11-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Maybe to a USC fan. Not throwing a lot of fast balls=/= inability.

70 yard rope into the wind, hitting a receiver perfect in stride.... MAtt Barkley won't be doing.
Really now? How many QBs can throw a 70 yard strike??

Its OK I'll wait.

Throwing with your shorts on isn't anything special.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:15 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think barkley is a lot like drew brees, a little taller but the way he handles himself in the pocket and his overall throwing motion is very brees like
Old 05-11-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Really now? How many QBs can throw a 70 yard strike??

Its OK I'll wait.

Throwing with your shorts on isn't anything special.
Not many can make that throw like that, Barkley being one that can't. Are you arguing for me, or against me? lol
Old 05-11-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
But really, it isn't.
Well you really havent watched the 2 play enough then.

It isnt me being a USC homer, its just watching the 2 play that I can see that Barkley has a stronger arm than Luck. Is that a big deal? No not really because Luck's accuracy is almost 2nd to none, and Bark tends to struggle a little bit with that sometimes.

Quote:
Old 05-11-2012, 04:12 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Not many can make that throw like that, Barkley being one that can't. Are you arguing for me, or against me? lol
Hes making your statement sound dumb...which it is. Because you say "he wont throw a 70 yard strike" like there are a hand full of guys that can, but there really isnt.

Quote:
Old 05-11-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I still don't understand how it's stupid. Regardless of how many people can make the throw, I think Barkley can't. I don't know how Barkley can have a stronger arm if there are throws luck can make that Barkley can't.

Barkley's arm isn't really a huge positive or a negative IMO. It's more than good enough. I think he puts more heat on it than Matt Ryan for instance.

He's a lot like Sanchez to me, but on the positive side, I think he deals with adversity a lot better on the field, and hopefully he takes criticism better.
Old 05-11-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well you really havent watched the 2 play enough then.

It isnt me being a USC homer, its just watching the 2 play that I can see that Barkley has a stronger arm than Luck. Is that a big deal? No not really because Luck's accuracy is almost 2nd to none, and Bark tends to struggle a little bit with that sometimes.

Or, you haven't watched enough of them play without those USC homer goggles. And yes, it is you being a homer.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Barkley is a more physically talented Drew Brees.

Maybe. I don't know if Barkley processes the game like Brees does from a mental standpoint, and Barkley definitely doesn't have his accuracy outside the hashes. Everything else I tilt in Barkley's favor, with a slight edge in arm strength for the Trojan.

I still think Barkley has enough right going for him to develop into a pro bowl QB. I like his development every year at USC and I still believe he was the Trojan's MVP on offense last season.

Barkley just doesn't blow you away when you start looking at his physical tools.
Old 05-11-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Or, you haven't watched enough of them play without those USC homer goggles. And yes, it is you being a homer.
But it really isnt, so...you can throw that opinion out the window.

Quote:
Old 05-11-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
But it really isnt, so...you can throw that opinion out the window.
Would it be more accurate to say you just aren't a great evaluator of arm talent then?
Old 05-11-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Quote:
Would it be more accurate to say you just aren't a great evaluator of arm talent then?
I just think it'd be more accurate to say you havent watched Matt Barkley play enough.

Quote:
Old 05-11-2012, 08:42 PM    (permalink
Big Bird
Rookie

Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Big Bird is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just think it'd be more accurate to say you havent watched Matt Barkley play enough.
I think this is the most accurate:
Big Bird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:40 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The USC system disguises a QB's arm deficiencies. We see that in Leinart and Sanchez. Luck and Barkley have played side by side, and head to head, more than enough to make the comparisons clear. Barkley has enough arm to play in the NFL, but not much more. Luck's is a notch better. Neither will be confused with Matt Stafford, or even Ryan Tannehill.

Arm is not everything, provided you can make the major routes. Barkley has enough arm that it is not a problem. The real comparison to Luck is in the rest of the game, and this is where Luck really excels. Barkley would not have been the first pick this year, and I am unconvinced he would have been #2. This does not mean he will not be the first pick in 2013, but it would not surprise me if he was not.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote