Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 05-04-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Vinny Curry is supposed to be 75, in honor of the Marshall Plane crash victims...

I follow him on Twitter, and everybody loves him, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. I will be rooting for him no matter what his outcome in the NFL is.

I haven't heard anything else though, but I think Kendricks would look nasty in 52, 56, or 59 for some reason.
No way Demeco gives up the 5-9. Or at least I hope not so I don't have to get a new jersey, I like mine as a Texans throwback for an Eagles player.
Old 05-05-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love Vinny Curry. I liked him as a prospect and I think he's going to fit within the wide nine scheme fantastically but I absolutely love this guy after I heard him talk. It's great to see a player who seemingly cares just as much as we do. And I love that he got picked by his childhood team, he was just so genuinely excited and emotional that day that you can't help but like him. Really rooting for him.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
No way Demeco gives up the 5-9. Or at least I hope not so I don't have to get a new jersey, I like mine as a Texans throwback for an Eagles player.
Rolle gave up the 59 the minute they traded for Demeco, he has that much respect for him. Rolle will be 52 now, and I'm guessing Kendricks will get his choice of 53, 56 and possibly 55 once preseason starts.

Edit: just realized the first post I made in this thread in months is about jersey numbers. That's kinda sad haha.
Old 05-05-2012, 02:20 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cunningham06 View Post
I thought about it as I was saying it, I just like how the number 59 looks on our Jerseys, I'm glad someone is wearing it who should do big things for us this year.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
I love Vinny Curry. I liked him as a prospect and I think he's going to fit within the wide nine scheme fantastically but I absolutely love this guy after I heard him talk. It's great to see a player who seemingly cares just as much as we do. And I love that he got picked by his childhood team, he was just so genuinely excited and emotional that day that you can't help but like him. Really rooting for him.
Our last second round pick who loved the Eagles this much was Shady... Just sayin...

Old 05-05-2012, 06:00 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I havent been this excited for a season for a long time. Obviously last year we had high expectations but I truly feel like this team is going to make some noise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 07:20 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm with you. Looking back, last year was just weird. So many moving pieces and new faces and they still managed to almost make the playoffs. This year Juan has a full offseason to install his defense (with the addition of Bowles) and Vick is getting his first full offseason as an Eagles QB. Seems like this year the guys are going to have their feet under them.

We massively upgraded our front seven with the additions of DeMeco Ryans, Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks and Vinny Curry. We were good in passing situations last year but now we should be even better on pass downs thanks to our pass rush and we should be much improved on running downs. This year we're better equipped to run the wide nine scheme.

And it almost feels like we're getting two draft classes. Last year's class struggled to make a big impact (at least the early picks did) and I really think Watkins, Jarrett, Marsh and Matthews are really going to blossom this year. And we get Jason Kelce with some added seasoning. Kelce was good last year and now he gets a full offseason with Howard Mudd and he's already met with Jeff Saturday at least once.

My big concern is overall depth. Our depth at QB, RB and WR is poor. Mike Kafka isn't going to put a team on his back, he'll be accurate on short stuff and take the occasional deep shot but he's a game manager. I'm really concerned about RB depth, if McCoy goes down we're screwed. And Riley Cooper blows chunks. What happens if we lose a receiver? We play either Cooper, McNutt or Hall. Yuck. Slightly concerned about cornerback as well simply because Marsh is such an unknown but I think he'll be fine.
Old 05-07-2012, 09:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I havent been this excited for a season for a long time. Obviously last year we had high expectations but I truly feel like this team is going to make some noise.
Last season kicked me in the balls, that is as excited as I've ever been. But this season is second. It'd probably be first since we got a lot of great guys in the draft that I like, but like I said, last season killed me and its going to be hard for me to ever get that amped up before a season again. At least it was a shorter off-season, so I wasn't built up as long as I will this off-season. And at least I got to see first hand the whooping we put on Dallas. That was awesome, and got me through the fact that we were a huge disappointment.

Old 05-07-2012, 10:07 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'm with you. Looking back, last year was just weird. So many moving pieces and new faces and they still managed to almost make the playoffs. This year Juan has a full offseason to install his defense (with the addition of Bowles) and Vick is getting his first full offseason as an Eagles QB. Seems like this year the guys are going to have their feet under them.

We massively upgraded our front seven with the additions of DeMeco Ryans, Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kendricks and Vinny Curry. We were good in passing situations last year but now we should be even better on pass downs thanks to our pass rush and we should be much improved on running downs. This year we're better equipped to run the wide nine scheme.

And it almost feels like we're getting two draft classes. Last year's class struggled to make a big impact (at least the early picks did) and I really think Watkins, Jarrett, Marsh and Matthews are really going to blossom this year. And we get Jason Kelce with some added seasoning. Kelce was good last year and now he gets a full offseason with Howard Mudd and he's already met with Jeff Saturday at least once.

My big concern is overall depth. Our depth at QB, RB and WR is poor. Mike Kafka isn't going to put a team on his back, he'll be accurate on short stuff and take the occasional deep shot but he's a game manager. I'm really concerned about RB depth, if McCoy goes down we're screwed. And Riley Cooper blows chunks. What happens if we lose a receiver? We play either Cooper, McNutt or Hall. Yuck. Slightly concerned about cornerback as well simply because Marsh is such an unknown but I think he'll be fine.

The defensive additions have me so pumped. Even adding Ryans and Cox would've helped out defense immensely, but to add Kendricks as well, and Curry, I'm excited. We also get a Nate Allen who is healthy from the start. People forget he was leading the league (tied) in interceptions after his first 5 or 6 games his rookie year. He's got great range and now that he has had time to fully heal, he should be back and (as long as he's been working hard) in better shape than ever. If he can stay healthy, and we get close to what is expected out of Nnamdi and DRC, our secondary will be just as feared as it should have been last year.

I too am a little worried about offensive skill position depth. Not so much WR, because I still like what we have in Avant, McNutt, Cooper, and Hall. Maclin has shown the Marvin Harrison ability to avoid big contact, which is key, because if he, Vick, or Shady, go down, the offense is flat, and not complete. But I have high hopes for McNutt, he could be a great great great third WR option for us, and he has the perfect player to set the example for him in Avant. Similar enough skill set that McNutt will be able to take things from his game and add to what he can already do.

RB though, does worry me. Lewis isn't good enough to a our #2 back, IMO. If shady goes down, our offense is toast. He is the entire reason our offense has success, he keeps defenses honest and keeps that 7th and on occasion, 8th man in the box, which we need to run our passing offense. Lewis has a nice skillset, but I think it's even too much to ask of him to be in a Darren Sproles type role. Hopefully he proves me wrong, but we are going to need Polk or Brown to step it up and push him. I want to see them in TC before I get a true feel on our RBs.

I still like Kafka, wouldn't want him starting more than one or two games (we'd go 1-1 at best, regardless who were are playing, IMO). Trent Edwards as well, at least he has some experience and could run our if he wasn't asked to do it too early in the season. We are going to need to stay healthy at QB, RB, and Safety this year because, IMO, that is where our depth is the least. Everywhere else really, isn't a problem to me, except maybe WR, TE, or LB, as long as we don't lose key players at those positions, we should be ok.

Old 05-08-2012, 08:28 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One of my buddy has been invited to mini camp! Fredo Plesius...hope he gets a good look because this guy is a ******* beast.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:56 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

That's sweet, I'll probably see him in Training camp if he is here that long. I wish him luck, with our LB corps, he has a shot to at least stick around until then, and once you make camp, anything can happen.

Old 05-08-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I cannot wait to see Demeco and Kendricks on the defense this year. I really think that Aso is going to take a big step up to where we expected him to play last year. DRC is still a little bit of a question mark for me but I know the potential to be great is there, Castillo just needs to use him correctly. I just want to know who has an O-line out there that can block our D-Line, if Curry and Graham play up to expectations that is one scary rotation all the way through.

Quote:
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
Old 05-08-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's sweet, I'll probably see him in Training camp if he is here that long. I wish him luck, with our LB corps, he has a shot to at least stick around until then, and once you make camp, anything can happen.
He's so huge 6'1 245 used to play safety. He's a freak. 4.6 40, 38'' vertical, 27 reps, he was with Baylor for one year and decided to come back in Canada. I always thought he was better than Cory Greenwood who is actually with the Chiefs and a backup to DJ

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I cannot wait to see Demeco and Kendricks on the defense this year. I really think that Aso is going to take a big step up to where we expected him to play last year. DRC is still a little bit of a question mark for me but I know the potential to be great is there, Castillo just needs to use him correctly. I just want to know who has an O-line out there that can block our D-Line, if Curry and Graham play up to expectations that is one scary rotation all the way through.
...Almost accidentally hit a thanks button, lol, but yeah I agree with this, pretty much. As long as we get similar production from Cole/Babin and the rest of our DE rotation, we would really only need one of those two to step up to expectations, but I really do have high hopes for both.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:27 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tha Wootster View Post
He's so huge 6'1 245 used to play safety. He's a freak. 4.6 40, 38'' vertical, 27 reps, he was with Baylor for one year and decided to come back in Canada. I always thought he was better than Cory Greenwood who is actually with the Chiefs and a backup to DJ
If he used to play safety, and can show his coverage skills can translate to the NFL, I guarantee he makes this team. One thing that went underlooked by outside sources last year was not only how our LBs did in run support, but coverage as well. As of right now, the spots for our Nickle LB positions are wide open, I'd imagine, so if he can show some natural coverage ability, that puts him at an advantage over most of our LB corp.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Eagles roster and number are up, check it out if you want....

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster.html

Mychal Kendricks is 95... Yuck

Old 05-10-2012, 02:03 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Eagles roster and number are up, check it out if you want....

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/roster.html

Mychal Kendricks is 95... Yuck
Still think he picks a 50s number after preseason, but I think he could pull off 95.

Also glad McNutt took 83, I figured he would just take 17 because he was 7 in college and it seems like all WRs want teen numbers these days.
Old 05-10-2012, 02:12 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
Still think he picks a 50s number after preseason, but I think he could pull off 95.

Also glad McNutt took 83, I figured he would just take 17 because he was 7 in college and it seems like all WRs want teen numbers these days.
Yeah, that's what I'm thinking too, though if your going to go outside of the 50s for an LB, the best number (besides 45) is 95... Though do like 96 almost as much for an LB. I also like McNutt's choice, and Boykin too. I like how 22 looks for the Eagles, and it fits him, IMO. I don't really care about Kelly's number either way, honestly, but I like Washington getting 78.

We aso have a WR with the number 1. Don't expect that (or him) to last long...

Old 05-10-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

Yeah I dont really like the Kendricks pick on 95. Hopefully he gets to rock a sweeter number in the season. I think Polk will look good in 32, I really think he will be on the team. Cox and Curry will be dreamy though, 91 and 75.

Quote:
Old 05-12-2012, 07:13 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

RGIII hype is insufferable. Skins fans act like he's going to be a finished product right now and they cite stuff Shanny says to support it. What the hell are they expecting Shanny to say about the guy he just mortgaged the future of the franchise for? He isn't as smart as other QBs he's coached? C'mon Skins fans, can we let him play some games before we anoint him?
Old 05-12-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Bigp5437
Rookie

Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bigp5437 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
RGIII hype is insufferable. Skins fans act like he's going to be a finished product right now and they cite stuff Shanny says to support it. What the hell are they expecting Shanny to say about the guy he just mortgaged the future of the franchise for? He isn't as smart as other QBs he's coached? C'mon Skins fans, can we let him play some games before we anoint him?
I despise Washington so much for getting him..I can respect their mentality..but it's Washington..and I wanna see RGIII succeed...but for one..not in our division lol, and two, the Redskins being who they are, if they manage to screw things up for him, will further solidify my growing hatred for that team..possibly even more than the Cowboys...and that's saying something lol
Old 05-15-2012, 04:36 AM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Jason Peters tore his achilles. Again.

So... Any bets on what we draft in the first next year? I'm going to guess OT of the future now. Bell is a one year rental with an out in his contract and King Dunlap is on a one year contract.

***Begins watching OT prospects***
Old 05-15-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jason Peters tore his achilles. Again.

So... Any bets on what we draft in the first next year? I'm going to guess OT of the future now. Bell is a one year rental with an out in his contract and King Dunlap is on a one year contract.

***Begins watching OT prospects***
hmm..... his story sounds fishy, he re-ruptured his achilles when he fell out of his wheelchair?

but as a cowboys this brings me joy. no offense iggles fans
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
hmm..... his story sounds fishy, he re-ruptured his achilles when he fell out of his wheelchair?

Someone falls on his face off a scooter and tears his Achilles for the 2nd time in a month and the first emotion you feel is joy?

But you said no offense, so that obviously makes it okay.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post

Yeah, joy is kind of an effed up emotion to feel when a guy might have just had his career ended. You're kind of a douche, no offense though.