Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New England Patriots Team Forum

New England Patriots Team Forum Discuss the Pats

Old 05-09-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
By the way, listed below are the differences between my 53-man roster projection and Mike Reiss', which you can find here:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/...ew-guys-fit-in

Matthew:

RG Brian Waters
DT Gerard Warren
LB Bobby Carpenter

Mike:

DE Trevor Scott
LB Jeff Tarpinian
CB Will Allen
Im guessing he thinks Waters will retire.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're sweeping the Jets next season. Mark it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mark Patricia's been named DC. Last year's safeties coach.
lol @ S's being our worst position on D last year

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 08:36 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Best defense in the NFL, suck my dick

Old 05-11-2012, 01:58 AM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Damn, I was hoping for Pepper Johnson. Patricia just screams Dean Pees to me. They also hired Steve Belichick as a coaching assistant.

Quote:
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Damn, I was hoping for Pepper Johnson. Patricia just screams Dean Pees to me. They also hired Steve Belichick as a coaching assistant.
The sad thing is that Pepper is probably going to leave the team within a couple of years unless Patricia gets a head coaching offer; Pepper has deserved a defensive coordinator job for years.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Maybe Belichick is trying to trick the next team to steal one of his coordinators...

(though, it's more likely that Matt Patricia is just a good coach)
Old 05-11-2012, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
The sad thing is that Pepper is probably going to leave the team within a couple of years unless Patricia gets a head coaching offer; Pepper has deserved a defensive coordinator job for years.
I agree 100%. Patricia doesn't seem to have the same fire, intensity and leadership skills that Johnson has. Maybe he leads in another way like Mayo, but I prefer a hothead down there who'll tell BB to go **** himself when it's needed. I don't think Patricia (or McD for that matter) will do that. Still, I give Patricia the benefit of the doubt. If not because I believe in him, then because BB has earned my trust over the years.

In Bill I thrust. ;)

Quote:
Old 05-11-2012, 05:14 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rookie Camp photos for the day are up on the team website.

Linkage

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 03:13 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Last year, pick 21 (Phil Taylor) was a very hard contract to negotiate.

Pick 22 could be fully guaranteed by the Browns because it's a QB, which makes the pick 21 situation even more stressful.

Mike Florio (I know... lol) seemed to think that the Patriots have two very difficult to negotiate contracts (21 and 25) ahead of themselves. Hopefully not.

edit: Apparently, Florio negated to mention that picks 17, 18, and 19 were not guaranteed and that pick 20 was an abnormality. It still could make for an interesting signing predicament.

Last edited by descendency : 05-12-2012 at 03:52 PM.
descendency is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Tavon Wilson becomes first drafted player to sign.
Old 05-13-2012, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Tavon Wilson becomes first drafted player to sign.
Thank God, now we don't have a glaring need at Safety.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The irony of everything Revis was saying is just too much for me to handle. Especially the part where he said that we were doing all the talking and nothing came from the Jets side. Dude, you are on the biggest trash talking team in the league, thats like us calling out the Saints for being cheaters lol.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 05-13-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
The irony of everything Revis was saying is just too much for me to handle. Especially the part where he said that we were doing all the talking and nothing came from the Jets side. Dude, you are on the biggest trash talking team in the league, thats like us calling out the Saints for being cheaters lol.
Couldn't of said it better myself. I hope he was holding back laughter or chuckles while he was saying that bc it's the whole kettle/pot analogy personified.

Old 05-13-2012, 11:15 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Thank God, now we don't have a glaring need at Safety.
Good to see we nailed down that backup spot.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:45 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

QB:
  1. Tom Brady
  2. Brian Hoyer
  3. Ryan Mallett
    I can't see NE carrying 4 QBs. If Hoyer isn't somehow moved, Hartline isn't making this team and I really wonder if he would anyways (the extra roster spot could be useful).

RB:
  4. Stevan Ridley
  5. Shane Vereen
  6. Danny Woodhead
  7. Joseph Addai
  8. Spencer Larson (FB)
    I picked Spencer Larson over the other options at FB because he has played special teams really well and I doubt FB becomes a serious part of the Patriots offense. Joseph Addai is tenatively penciled in as the 4th RB on this team, but Brandon Bolden (UDFA, Mississippi) has just as good of a shot of making this team. It should be interesting.

TE:
  9. Rob Gronkowski
  10. Aaron Hernandez
  11. Daniel Fells
    Daniel Fells and Brad Herman will have to compete with an OL more than likely for a spot (as well as each other).

WR:
  12. Wes Welker
  13. Brandon Lloyd
  14. Jabar Gaffney
  15. Deion Branch
  16. Julian Edelman
  17. Matthew Slater
    This is a mess. 4 of the spots are locks (Welker, Lloyd, Slater, and Edelman) 2 of them as WRs and 2 as specialist. The others (Branch, Gaffney, Gonzalez, Ochocinco, and Stallworth) are definitely in a dog fight for a position. Gonzalez isn't going to make my roster unless there is a magical "extra spot" that opens up for him. He's a huge injury risk. Branch looked done last year. Gaffney was a Redskin (one of the worst WR groups in the NFL). Stallworth was terrible in the 07 offense. Ochocinco was terrible last season. None of them offer special teams ability.

OL:
  18. Nate Solder
  19. Dan Connolly
  20. Brian Waters
  21. Sebastian Vollmer
  22. Dan Koppen
  23. Robert Gallery
  24. Marcus Cannon
  25. Nick McDonald
  26. Donald Thomas
    I'm listing Logan Mankins on PUP to start the season. I have Warren and Zusevics on the PS. Ryan Wendell is the odd man out. When Mankins comes back, that will make potentially force one of these guys out the door. Waters is undecided about retirement, which could easily open up a spot for Wendell also.

DL:
  27. Vince Wilfork (NT)
  28. Kyle Love (DT)
  29. Jake Bequette
  30. Chandler Jones (RE)
  31. Jonathan Fanene (LE)
  32. Marcus Forston
  33. Brandon Deaderick
  34. Trevor Scott
  35. Markell Carter
  36. Myron Pryor
    I really had a hard time with the DL. Some of these guys are locks because of their draft position (ie Bequette) and others got good contracts (Fanene). Forston is super talented if he can stay healthy. Forston is the reason Pryor may be left off for Gerrard Warren.

LB:
  37. Jerod Mayo
  38. Brandon Spikes
  39. Dont'a Hightower (OLB)
  40. Rob Ninkovich (OLB)
  41. Dane Fletcher
  42. Bobby Carpenter
    Carpenter is my pick for the last LB spot because of his ST and coverage value. He could be the Patriots best coverage backer, something they severely lack. The rest of the guys competing for jobs had better get really good at coverage, because that's the key to making this roster (coverage and special teams)

DB:
  43. Kyle Arrington (CB)
  44. Devin McCourty (CB)
  45. Ras-I Dowling (CB)
  46. Sterling Moore
  47. Alfonzo Dennard
  48. Patrick Chung (SS)
  49. Tavon Wilson (FS)
  50. Steve Gregory
    I really feel like this group is kind of obvious. I had 9 spots, but cut it to 8 when I realized the rest of the guys are terrible. Nate Ebner will likely be on the PS. I considered him as a ST.

ST:
  51. Zoltan Mesko (P)
  52. Steven Gostkowski (K)
  53. Danny Aiken (LS)
    Chris Koepplin is once again brought in to kick off for Gostkowski during the pre-season, but I doubt he makes the roster. Maybe there will be a hot LS competition in this off-season... /s

PUP:
* Logan Mankins

Cut:
Ryan Wendell (G/C)
Chad Ochocinco (WR)
Dante Stallworth (WR)
Anthony Gonzalez (WR)
Ron Brace (DT)
Jermaine Cunningham (DE)
Gerrard Warren (DE/DT)
Old 05-15-2012, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Welker signed the franchise tag today. Now go out and trade him.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-15-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Vaylor
Rookie

Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vaylor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Welker signed the franchise tag today. Now go out and trade him.
I would much rather keep him.
Vaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:55 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We could probably get something decent for him but I would rather keep him too, I don't think we would get anything better than a third
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:06 PM    (permalink
GallopingGhost
Veteran

GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GallopingGhost is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
We could probably get something decent for him but I would rather keep him too, I don't think we would get anything better than a third
Agreed, if we aren't getting anything under a second, i'd rather keep him. He's a pro and provides that vet presence. I wouldn't mind seeing him retire in NE.
GallopingGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:22 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaylor View Post
I would much rather keep him.
The problem is that Welker isn't worth a long term deal (even if he should have been paid more in the past) anymore.

The fan in me wants him back but the rest of me realizes that the contract he wants isn't reasonable for a 32 year old slot WR with a serious knee injury on his record.

edit: The only reason I'd keep him is because you won't get good offers for him.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

I think we could sucker some team into giving up at least a second rounder for him.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-16-2012, 07:40 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Honestly, neither possibility worries me all that much. I'm pretty confident we won't overpay him. We've consistently demonstrated that we aren't in the business of giving huge money to aging players. I think trading him would have a pretty big impact on the offense initially though, so I would prefer to try to hammer something out that's reasonable for both sides.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Descendency, regarding your roster projection:

Wendell has been in New England's system for a while and can play either guard spot or center, so I like him on the final roster over either McDonald or Donald Thomas. Like you, I think Gerard Warren could make the final roster; he adds a veteran presence/leader to the roster and can play a few different spots in the defense. My guess would be that he beats out Forston, Trevor Scott, or Markell Carter. Ron Brace could also make the final roster since he's the primary backup to Wilfork at NT. Tracy White seems like a lock to make the roster; he is a special teams stud. I'm hoping Nate Ebner makes it as well for the same reason. I'm pleased with the overall roster depth this year; should be some interesting battles.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:08 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Honestly, neither possibility worries me all that much. I'm pretty confident we won't overpay him. We've consistently demonstrated that we aren't in the business of giving huge money to aging players. I think trading him would have a pretty big impact on the offense initially though, so I would prefer to try to hammer something out that's reasonable for both sides.
I don't know that it would... Unless you're talking about the big impact being Edelman being useful again since Tom just can't seem to get the timing right with him when he's lined up in other positions.