Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 05-03-2012, 07:20 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Oh, and Bert isn't nearly on J-Mike's level. He'd have to turn, say, a Junior Seau appreciation thread into something about the Saints, and he'd have to make new threads about other teams players, and how it relates to the Saints, to get on J-Mike's level.
That's true. I owe Bert a public apology. J-Mike might have posted something like "Junior Seau is dead. [Poll] Is Clay Matthews a better OLB than Junior Seau ever was?"
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
jojo
Rookie

jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jojo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I see proof that people are trying to knock people out of the game with a concussion every time I see them try to ram their face-mask through the other person's ear-hole. It is a violent game and that is why I enjoy it.

CJ is correct, at least he admits it.

Did anyone btw try more than Harrison for the Steelers to earhole & concuss players? His whining about a mere half mil in fines is chump change compared to the rain of hell that came down on Vilma & the Saints.

Can Vilma even have contact with the team, like watch the games he's missing in their hdqtrs? I know he's barred from OTAs, but knowing Goodell he might even ban him from calling other Saints on his cell. Goodell would throw him in jail if he could, probably wanted to lifetime ban him but was talked out of it.

Most embarrassed player in the NFL today: Drew Brees. Not only did he have nada to do with it, but he now has a big target on him from 31 other teams & he is very well aware of it. His aggravation pissoff level must be off the charts this wk.
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post

Most embarrassed player in the NFL today: Drew Brees. Not only did he have nada to do with it, but he now has a big target on him from 31 other teams & he is very well aware of it. His aggravation pissoff level must be off the charts this wk.
I doubt it. I really don't think the other players from other teams' defenses are going to care that much. They aren't that concerned about defending the integrity of the NFL. Same for coaches.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 08:17 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--do...-joe-vitt.html

Thank you, Mr. Hargrove. We will file this under "N", as in, "Not gonna change a thing."

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-sh...154506012.html

I thought all the "squeaky-clean" 49er followers would like to read this.

Old 05-10-2012, 06:14 PM    (permalink
BandwagonPunditry
Rookie

BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BandwagonPunditry is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by "Mike Sando"
Ben Roethlisberger did not accuse the San Francisco 49ers of outright dirty play against him in Week 15 last season

Lest this little implication get out of hand unnecessarily, I went back and watched every Steelers offensive play from that game. The stats crew credited the 49ers with eight quarterback hits. Most were straightforward. Defenders were not twisting Roethlisberger's lower body, rolling over onto his sore ankle or stepping on him blatantly

Smith and NaVorro Bowman had free shots on Roethlisberger late in the game. They did not exploit those opportunities at additional expense to Roethlisberger. Bowman specifically had an opportunity to fall on Roethlisberger on the Steelers' final play, but he did not.
Glad we could clear that one up.
BandwagonPunditry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:04 PM    (permalink
Dro
Rookie

Dro hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

pwned lmao.
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--do...-joe-vitt.html

Thank you, Mr. Hargrove. We will file this under "N", as in, "Not gonna change a thing."
Everything is 100% Gregg Williams fault!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The latest chunk of it comes from Mike Triplett of the New Orleans Times-Picayune, who buries a bombshell in an article regarding the fallout of the Anthony Hargrove declaration.

Writes Triplett: “[A]ccording to a source close to [former Saints defensive coordinator Gregg] Williams, the NFL has also misrepresented what Williams said in interviews with the league. According to the source, Williams never admitted a ‘bounty program’ was in place and that the league ‘rephrased his statements to satisfy its needs.’ The source also said Williams never identified any players for their involvement in a pay-for-performance or bounty program.”

Those are strong, stunning allegations. Given the mounting attacks on the quality of the league’s evidence, the time has come for the NFL to disclose it. All. Publicly. Every piece and shred of it.

It’s far too late for the NFL to hide behind “personnel matters” and “privacy rights.” Through a series of detailed statements that the NFL has released containing summaries and characterizations of evidence, the reputations of Gregg Williams, Sean Payton, Joe Vitt, Mickey Loomis, Anthony Hargrove, Scott Fujita, Will Smith, and Jonathan Vilma forever have been sullied. The least the league can do at this point is share with all of us the evidence that justified publicly branding these eight men as cheaters, liars, and worse.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ms-interviews/

Quote:
The league’s case against the Saints arises in part from an email message from Mike Ornstein in which Ornstein purports to contribute $5,000 to a bounty on Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers.

The league’s March 21 statement regarding non-player bounty discipline characterized the email as follows: “[P]rior to the Saints’ opening game in 2011, Coach Payton received an email from a close associate that stated in part, ‘PS Greg Williams put me down for $5000 on Rogers [sic].’ When shown the email during the course of the investigation, Coach Payton stated that it referred to a ‘bounty’ on Green Bay quarterback Aaron Rodgers.”

Yes, it referred to a bounty on Rodgers. But now Ornstein, the NFLPA, lawyer Peter Ginsberg (who represents Saints linebacker Jonathan Vilma) are taking issue with the league’s broader characterization of the email.

According to the Associated Press, Ornstein claims that the reference to Rodgers, contained in an email sent by Ornstein from prison, was part of a “running joke.” Ornstein said that the subject of bounties had been a topic of periodic kidding in the wake of the Vikings’ claim that a bounty had been placed on Brett Favre in the 2009 NFC title game.

In reality, the Ornstein email wasn’t directly sent to Payton. Instead, it came to team spokesman Greg Bensel, who then forwarded it to the coaching staff with this message: “email from Orny (he asked that I send it) the dude is in prison so I told him I would.”

“When I wrote that email, I was in jail,” Ornstein said. “How was I going to pay for it? In stamps? I’m in federal jail in Florence.”

And so, now that more details are available regarding the Ornstein email, the players’ representative have pushed back.

“Ornstein’s email is just another example of the speciousness of the quote-unquote evidence that Commissioner Goodell claims to have to support his erroneous accusations against Jonathan and the other players,” Ginsberg told the Associated Press. “As more of the evidence is revealed in the media, it is becoming more and more apparent how irresponsible the NFL’s actions have been.”

Richard Smith, hired by the NFLPA to advise players regarding the bounty investigation, also complained about the Ornstein email message. “The NFL has not provided the players with any information like this,” Smith said. “It is unfortunate that they continue to withhold evidence that can show players’ innocence. This email proves what we have feared: what they’ve been selling to the media as evidence doesn’t match up with the truth.”

Between the Anthony Hargrove declaration and the Ornstein email, it’s hard to disagree with Ginsberg and Smith. Unless and until the NFL produces raw evidence that demonstrates player involvement in a bounty program or player funding of payments made to other players for knocking opponents out of games, suspicions will remain that the NFL is embellishing the bounty evidence in order to justify hitting the Saints hard enough to deter all teams, players, and coaches from using bounties in the future.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...rnstein-email/

The horror the horror I will never let my kids watch the NFL. They try to hurt people OMG.

Starting to look like most people overreacted
Old 05-11-2012, 12:44 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with everything Triplett wrote. If there's evidence then let's see it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:05 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Guess you hate Deacon Jones too?
So you're saying trying to take out knees is the same as trying to hit someone so hard they go to the hospital?

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 02:25 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I read that earlier. You know aiming for an injury isn't against the NFL rules right? We did it against Romo earlier in the season. Now when you are getting paid financial bonus incentives...that's different. So not sure why you are posting that. It's not even a story.

By the way, your Saints need to get Brees signed already. They are an unhappy quarterback away from being a 4-12 team.

Quote:

Last edited by Ness : 05-11-2012 at 03:56 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:12 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I read that earlier. You know aiming for an injury isn't against the NFL rules right? We did it against Romo earlier in the season. Now when you are getting paid financial bonus incentives...that's different. So not sure why you are posting that. It's not even a story.

By the way, your Saints need to get Brees signed already. They are an unhappy quarterback away from being a 4-12 team.
1. Just because I felt like rustling some jimmies.

2. I have listened to the GW audio and other than "I got the first one", I didn't hear a thing wrong. Teams do target injuries. You are 100% correct.

Old 05-17-2012, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wonder why espn isn't reporting this?

Quote:
ProFootballTalk ?@ProFootballTalk

Jonathan Vilma has sued Roger Goodell in federal court in Louisiana. More to come at PFT. #wheresmydamnpopcorn
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Macklin View Post
Wonder why espn isn't reporting this?
It's the #2 headline on ESPN. You're slowly being the JCBX/Thumper of the Saints.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
It's the #2 headline on ESPN. You're slowly being the JCBX/Thumper of the Saints.
Shut the hell up.

This was reported way before anything was mentioned on espn considering they report **** without evidence all the time.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:28 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Quote:
LOL.........

Quote:
Old 05-18-2012, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No he isn't........slowly becoming the JCBX/Thumper. It's a pretty quick movement.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 04:41 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Adam Schefter ?@AdamSchefter
Some believe US District Judge will void discipline imposed on current and former Saints, NFL will appeal and suspended players will play.
Old 08-05-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Complex
All-Pro

Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Complex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ginger Roger Goodell wants to make a deal with Jonathan Vilma. If Vilma drops his lawsuits then he will reduce his suspension. Goodell must have a really strong case.
Old 08-06-2012, 01:54 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
?@mortreport
NFL in settlement talks with suspended Saints players. Story up shortly on LINK and on @SportsCenter with @EdWerderESPN

Sources say league has proposed to reduce Jonathan Vilma's one-year suspension to 8 games but no agreement yet. Talks ongoing.
http://ESPN.com/

https://twitter.com/mortreport
Old 08-06-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
WCH
Pro Bowler

I hope that Vilma turns down the deal and takes this the distance.
Old 08-06-2012, 12:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mort wrong as usual:

Quote:
NFL senior VP of communications Greg Aiello: "Today's report about a settlement offer by the league to Jonathan Vilma is completely inaccurate. No such settlement offer has been made. We will continue to respect the court proceedings on this matter and have no further comment at this time."

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 08:28 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Mort wrong as usual:
I read that as Vilma rejected it straight away and the league is saving face by saying they never offered it in the first place...

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Mort wrong as usual:
Quote:
“As we reported, settlement discussions have taken place,” Werder said. ”Was there a formal offer? Was there a hypothetical offer? I don’t think anybody can be quite sure exactly the form this took. And while the NFL has vehemently denied the accuracy of the story at all, I can tell you that the other side — the sources who provided this information to us last night — have been equally adamant that we stand our ground, that the information is correct, that there have been settlement discussions, and that the NFL has offered to significantly lessen Jonathan Vilma’s suspension is he agrees to drop the defamation suit.”
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ffer-to-vilma/