Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-11-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wilson and Randle signed this morning as well in time for rookie camp. That's pretty much everyone besdies Kuhn and Mosley.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm tellin ya, you guys are gonna love Randle.

I see big things out of him if he can stay healthy, he'll be our 3rd WR by week 8.
Old 05-11-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I'm tellin ya, you guys are gonna love Randle.

I see big things out of him if he can stay healthy, he'll be our 3rd WR by week 8.
Stop rubbing it in!! This better be a Nicks/Britt situation again.

Also, Mosley has signed already so weirdly enough Kuhn is the only one without a deal. Looking forward to hearing the reports out of rookie camp this weekend.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-11-2012, 11:11 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Stop rubbing it in!! This better be a Nicks/Britt situation again.

Also, Mosley has signed already so weirdly enough Kuhn is the only one without a deal. Looking forward to hearing the reports out of rookie camp this weekend.
The new rookie wage scale is so great. I love it.

I'm hoping it is. I love Sanu as well and hope he does great. I just feel confident in Randle, when I went back and studied him a good bit, I really did see a lot to like. I was high on him before we drafted him but after really breaking down his Florida and Alabama games, I realized that I underrated him with my initial analysis.

For our system, he's rated very high. As a pure prospect, no, he's a fringe 1st maybe 2nd rounder, in a WCO he's a late 2nd early 3rd. But in our system, he's very good.

I obviously still wish we got Hill, but I'm very pleased with Randle.

He's a Nicks/Barden/Steve Smith mix. He's got the catching radius and strength of Nicks, the fluidity of Barden, and the awareness of Smith. He's gonna be good.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sanu has all those traits also though. I do understand I really need to give this up for awhile though because obviously the FO didn't think so.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-11-2012, 11:43 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

First tweet of the day and it's Rutgers power with Bing sticking it to Randle.

Quote:
Mike Garafolo @MikeGarafolo

CB Brandon Bing knocks away a pass for Rueben Randle. Fewell in training camp form, yells, "Bada Bing!" #nyg

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-11-2012, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Lol, don't get too excited. Some scrub knocked down a pass. We'll be ok lol.
Old 05-11-2012, 11:56 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...3-2bddbe141f1f

look at the veteran try-outs, interesting

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Lol, don't get too excited. Some scrub knocked down a pass. We'll be ok lol.
I'm messing around. Bing is from Rutgers though so he's no scrub.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-11-2012, 12:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
I'm messing around. Bing is from Rutgers though so he's no scrub.
True. I slipped there.
Old 05-11-2012, 12:15 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

So Coughlin singled out Robinson and Randle today saying he was very impressed. I know it means nothing but I miss football and this is all we have now. Robinson apparently made a real sick catch. He's going to be a stud!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-11-2012, 12:18 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Get the lotion! I'll grab the napkins!
Old 05-11-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got the candles and music

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-11-2012, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
http://www.giants.com/news-and-blogs...3-2bddbe141f1f

look at the veteran try-outs, interesting
I think Jamaal Jackson's career is over at this point, IIRC he has tried out for a bunch of teams this offseason.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 03:59 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robinson could easily become something special for us. I love Pope!

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sanu has all those traits also though. I do understand I really need to give this up for awhile though because obviously the FO didn't think so.
The main difference is Sanu is smaller and can't separate. I mean, the Giants FO wasn't the only one that thought this because Sanu fell pretty damn far to where most people expected him to go.
Old 05-11-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
The main difference is Sanu is smaller and can't separate. I mean, the Giants FO wasn't the only one that thought this because Sanu fell pretty damn far to where most people expected him to go.
Like I said the FO obviously thinks Randle is better. Sanu and him are the same height though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-12-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Like I said the FO obviously thinks Randle is better. Sanu and him are the same height though.
Sanu: 6' 1 1/2''
Randle: 6' 2 7/8''

Sanu has 1/2 inch longer arms and 9/8 bigger hands.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2012, 06:48 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

eli:
http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...w-york-giants/

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-14-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about him?
Old 05-14-2012, 09:05 PM    (permalink
BigBlueNorwegian
Veteran

BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBlueNorwegian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we waived Chad Jones. Sad to see, but that was ultimately the only choice we had. I'm happy he has come so far in his recovery that there was a legitimate discussion about whether he would be able to play again. Hopefully he'll continue to heal and get a shot to play for another franchise. And from what I've read, he can always play baseball if that doesn't work out.

A Bonekrusher masterpiece!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
JPP enjoys raping offensive tackles.
BigBlueNorwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

The Giants did the classy thing. They knew he had no chance of ever making a recovery for football. They didn't even have to sign his contract, he got hurt before he was even signed.

But had they not signed him, he wouldn't have the money to pay for the medical, and they would probably amputate his foot. Instead, the Giants sign him, and let him use their medical for 2 years until he was healthy enough to be able to walk for the rest of his life, then they cut him.

Free medical for 2 years was basically what they gave him, when they could have just not signed him at all. It's a classy move. The Giants have always been a class organization.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Robinson could easily become something special for us. I love Pope!
us cowboy faithful said the same thing about martellus bennett
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 01:41 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The Giants did the classy thing. They knew he had no chance of ever making a recovery for football. They didn't even have to sign his contract, he got hurt before he was even signed.

But had they not signed him, he wouldn't have the money to pay for the medical, and they would probably amputate his foot. Instead, the Giants sign him, and let him use their medical for 2 years until he was healthy enough to be able to walk for the rest of his life, then they cut him.

Free medical for 2 years was basically what they gave him, when they could have just not signed him at all. It's a classy move. The Giants have always been a class organization.
maybe he could return to baseball, much less athleticism required to play

ill feel bad for him though, he could have developed into a real good safety
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
maybe he could return to baseball, much less athleticism required to play

ill feel bad for him though, he could have developed into a real good safety
Unfortunately I don't think he can play any sport. The soft tissue damage he has in his leg sounds pretty severe. One bad slide, and his leg could be gone. And if he's pitching, there's no way he can plant on that leg.

He's just gonna have to live a normal life like the rest of us. It's a shame, but that's life. I thought we stole him too, I had high hopes for him. I wish him the best.