Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 04-29-2012, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we got a steal in Cyrus "The Virus". We are stacked at RB...
Old 04-29-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
could'nt agree more
Old 04-29-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ithink he was a solid pick.I worry about his dislike of contact. A RB of his build should run with authority, but he doesnt.

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by onejayhawk View Post
Ithink he was a solid pick.I worry about his dislike of contact. A RB of his build should run with authority, but he doesnt.

J
I couldn't disagree more. He can hit the hole and run through the tackles and I actually think he likes contact.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I couldn't disagree more. He can hit the hole and run through the tackles and I actually think he likes contact.
What I like about him is his patience. He lets the play develop. But he does not hit a crease with authority. More relevant to his playing time, his pass blocking sucks.

J
Old 04-29-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Most rookie RB's pass blocking sucks. I think you are being a little hard on a 6th round pick. He will be at best 3rd on the depth chart he has time to work on somethings.
Old 04-29-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
TheMatriculator
Veteran

TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheMatriculator is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also in the case of Cyrus Gray, he was former high school quarterback so he's probably further behind the curve on blocking than most. There's a lot of upside here.
TheMatriculator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:14 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Most rookie RB's pass blocking sucks. I think you are being a little hard on a 6th round pick. He will be at best 3rd on the depth chart he has time to work on somethings.
His college blocking sucked, and he had a mobile QB. He has further to go than most. There is a reason he was in round 6.

J
Old 04-30-2012, 07:35 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
His college blocking sucked, and he had a mobile QB. He has further to go than most. There is a reason he was in round 6.

J
Him lasting to the sixth round has a bit more to do with teams not valuing the position than his ability to block. NFL teams go into every rookie runningback assuming they can't block for ****. They've got a great group of RB coaches which includes probably the best RB coach in the NFL in Maurice Carthon.
Old 04-30-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
His college blocking sucked.
I mean really .

It's not like they are forced to put him in a position he has to block right out of the gate.

Last edited by Splat : 04-30-2012 at 09:04 AM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
I mean really. It's not like they are forced to put him in a position he has to block right out of the gate.
He's a RB3. That is EXACTLY a position where he has to block right out of the gate. Picking up the blitz is item #1 on the job description.

J
Old 04-30-2012, 09:21 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's a RB3. That is EXACTLY a position where he has to block right out of the gate. Picking up the blitz is item #1 on the job description.

J
Yes, a job he won't be doing when we have Charles, Hillis, and Bannon blocking. He isn't going to be starting even on third downs, so what is the big deal?

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Yes, a job he won't be doing when we have Charles, Hillis, and Bannon blocking. He isn't going to be starting even on third downs, so what is the big deal?
Apparently 6th round picks shouldn't have any flaws in their game.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:18 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

J
He's RB4....
Old 04-30-2012, 04:16 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
He's RB4....

J
Old 05-03-2012, 05:11 PM    (permalink
BoneKrusher
DC GFX Team
Pro Bowler

BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BoneKrusher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMatriculator View Post
Also in the case of Cyrus Gray, he was former high school quarterback so he's probably further behind the curve on blocking than most. There's a lot of upside here.
on draft day i didn't know anything about him but a friend of mine knew a lot about him and says the Chiefs got a clone of Curtis Martin.

could that be close to accurate?
Old 05-03-2012, 07:14 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneKrusher View Post
on draft day i didn't know anything about him but a friend of mine knew a lot about him and says the Chiefs got a clone of Curtis Martin.

Meh... Curtis Martin was a highly touted RB prospect the year before he was drafted, but then he got injured and that dropped him to where the Pats picked him up.

Could he end up being the same type of player? Sure. He has that all-around capability that Martin had. He still has some development ahead of him, though.
Old 05-04-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Jimmy
All-Pro

Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jimmy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cyrus Gray and Devon Wiley are going to be a pain in the d*** for denver and other afc west foes... very tim dwight esque IMO you guys had a pretty good class, along with the chargers. only guy you should be afraid about for the donks is reggie hillman
Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

Also, with Cyrus Gray, you see what I was saying when the Chiefs bring in one guy and use him to get information about another player they intend on taking later in the draft. Pioli and Belichick do this all the time.
Old 05-05-2012, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My boy Cory Greenwood will make the goddamn team. He's an ace on ST and will backup DJ. Talked to him 2 days ago and he is pumped to prove what he can bring to this young D.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
SoCalBam
Veteran

SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SoCalBam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneKrusher View Post

If that were true\accurate he would have been a top 10 pick.
SoCalBam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:42 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBam View Post
If that were true\accurate he would have been a top 10 pick.
Maybe, maybe not. The thing that set CMart apart was his will. That came through in his college play, so he was drafted high. Sometimes it doesnt come through as clearly.

This is one reason I am high on the Poe pick. His lack of coaching and skill came through loud and clear. Most people focus on that. His desire also came through. We focused on it.

J

Last edited by onejayhawk : 05-12-2012 at 12:45 AM.
Old 05-11-2012, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article...7-9c43c9ba03e9

Quote:
Devon Wylie,Cyrus Gray,Jerome Long and Junior Hemingway, agreed to four-year contracts. Financial terms were undisclosed.
And as expected Donald Stephenson is practicing at LT and Jeff Allen at LG.

Last edited by Splat : 05-11-2012 at 09:37 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 12:52 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

I have heard that the Chiefs had the best day 3 in the NFL. It would be nice if true. Certainly they got value at every slot, with the arguable exception of Jerome Long. Various commentators have gushed over Wylie, Menzie, Gray and Hemingway, and some over more than one. I am not a big fan of Gray, but I will admit he is excellent value in the 6th.

Personally, I like the two receivers. Does anyone else think the FO was preparing for a stretch without the Showe?

J
Old 05-12-2012, 01:43 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devon Wylie could end up being a dynamic kick returner/slot wide receiver, DeQuan Menzie plays a pretty smart/physical game and may end up as a SS, and Cyrus Gray is a very smooth runner with home-run speed as well. I would say all of those players would have been a solid value in the fourth round. I'm not as familiar with Hemingway but from what I've seen he seems like a solid value.