Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

Old 05-05-2012, 01:25 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Offense 2012

How good are they?

Last season Footballoutsiders rated us #26 weighte, #29 unweighted. The change indicates improvement. Given the loss of Moeaki, JC and later Cassel, it is not surprising that this is down from #13 and #16 in 2010. Not coincidentally, the OL dropped from #5 to #29.

This year everyone starts healthy, and we have 2nd and 3rd round picks to bolster OG and OT.

What say you?

J
onejayhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:14 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With a healthy Charles the offensive numbers will go up, that much is certain. The big question is can Cassel actually take us anywhere. I don't think we're winning anything significant with him at the helm but we could do a lot worse.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 03:40 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the only thing that can stop our offense from being real good...is what is still our biggest weakness and that's QB
Old 05-05-2012, 01:39 PM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.onejayhawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We had a great deal of success in 2010 with an offense that required outstanding ball handling and play fakes by the QB, but not a lot of reads and deep drops. With Baldwin and Wiley, we are set to do it all over again.

J
Old 05-12-2012, 01:46 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a pretty big fan of Brian Daboll (him being a jerk aside.) His gameplan the day Cleveland pummeled New England (using Peyton Hillis, no less) was one of the best I can remember in some time. Before Josh McDaniels came along Daboll was the frontrunner for New England's offensive coordinator job; Daboll actually pushed to hire McDaniels and got pissed off when he was passed over for the OC job. Afterwards he started to act out (putting his feet on tables during meetings, etc.) He coordinates a tough offense though, and does some interesting things as well (I remember the Browns were trapped on a fourth and one, came out in a goal line look, then motioned four receivers out wide and did the sneak anyways.)
Old 05-12-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect a slightly slow start while Daboll figures his guys out, but then I expect this offense to be able to hang with any other team in the NFL.

They have 2 very proven WRs, 1 that has shown flashes of amazing potential, and a potentially very good slot guy as their 4th receiver. They have 2 very good receiving TEs and all 3 of their TEs can block. They have 4 RBs that do different things very effectively. Charles and Hills might both be the very best at their respective styles of running in the NFL. The OL should be shored up and solid-to-very good (just need one more depth player here - pref a C). And Matt Cassel can get it done with time and options. He really hasn't had both since he's been in the league. This is his chance to step up big.

And the biggest thing with this team is although it seems like they've completely overhauled their offense, they've really only added one player to the starting 11 (Eric Winston - unless Jeff Allen beats out Lilja). The continuity is going to be a huge boon and will help accelerate the offensive development.
Old 05-12-2012, 03:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nothing bad ever happens with the Chiefs according to nepg. He's crapping out a rainbow every time he posts.

Old 05-12-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Nothing bad ever happens with the Chiefs according to nepg. He's crapping out a rainbow every time he posts.
That's because you're not a true chiefs fan.

I believe in King of the Cassel!!!

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
What's not true about my post? Their offense is sick. They can do absolutely anything you can think of to a defense. It's up to Cassel and I see him getting it done.

Cassel
Charles
Bowe
Breaston
Baldwin
Moeaki
Albert
Lilja/Allen
Hudson
Asamoah
Winston

Being commanded by a competent OC with the options they have on the sideline is absolutely sick.

They have the ability to swap Breaston with Boss (and vice versa) to have a big set without losing passing game potential. They can run 3 TEs with Bannon and Hillis to get first downs on short yardage at will. They can absolutely dominate the red zone with Baldwin, Bowe, Moeaki, and Boss. They can spread it out with 4 WRs without worrying too much about protection with Winston and without worrying about the 4th WR being effective at at least drawing coverage. ****, they can have two TEs split out!

After thinking on it, the Chiefs absolutely have the most versatile offense in the NFL. The hardest part for Daboll is figuring out when to use which sub packages and even that almost doesn't matter.

Last edited by nepg : 05-12-2012 at 04:44 PM.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
What's not true about my post? Their offense is sick. They can do absolutely anything you can think of to a defense. It's up to Cassel and I see him getting it done.
No, they can't, because Cassel is their QB. And I don't want another five pages with you regurgitating the same stuff you've already said about how great Cassel is. It isn't true and I'm not taking the bait this time.

If we had a real QB to lead this team I'd agree with your previous post, but since we don't we're more than likely going to be hamstrung by him this year. Our offense will definitely not "hang with any other team in the NFL" or however you put it.

Old 05-12-2012, 06:19 PM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cassel isn't the greatest, but he did lead the Chiefs to the playoffs 2 years ago. With all the weapons around him and the hole at right tackle filled, the Chiefs should be pretty good offensively, despite Cassel.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Well, I hope you're right, but I'm not holding my breath.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:09 AM    (permalink
Hermstheman83
Veteran

Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hermstheman83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know we're stuck with Cassel and I hope we make a deep playoff run with him. But honestly, I think the offense will depend on JC and Hillis to shoulder the load. As long as those two stay healthy. I think we have enough weapons outside to keep the opposing defense honest. I'm a little nervous about Daboll because of his record with the Browns, but optimistic with what he did was a former first round bust in Reggie Bush and Matt Moore in Miami. I guess I don't see much difference between Moore and Cassel(of course I'm pretty biased)
Old 05-14-2012, 02:32 AM    (permalink
TonyGfortheTD
Veteran

TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TonyGfortheTD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's really going to depend on if Bowe becomes a lengthy hold out or not. If he does, we're ******.

If Daboll is wise, he starts watching tape of the Weis' offense and takes some trips over to Lawrence.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:23 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that if Charles can stay healthy it can be a good offense. The only real weakness is at the QB position every other player on the offense is at least average IMO. Don't get me wrong the Chiefs aren't this ultra explosive Lions/Saints type of offense but they should put points on the board if they can stay healthy. I think Hillis is going to come out with a chip on his shoulder this year as well.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
onejayhawk
Veteran

This is a good offense IMO, but not an outstanding one, much less elite. We have added veterans of Pro Bowl talent at the two weakest positions: RT and RB2. With Jamaal back and Baldwin no longer a rookie, things are looking up.

That being said, exceeding 2010 would be a lot to ask. JC was nothing short of brilliant that season. Bowe was nothing short of brilliant for half of the season. Waters/Weigmann/Lilja exceeded anything we can from our interior line this season.

We should lead the NFL in rushing again, probably with two 1000 yard players. The receivers are the best we have had in decades, so treams cannot sit on the Showe. The defense is not going to leave us constantly pinned against our own goal line. In 2010 we were #13 in the FBO rankings. That is about right.

J