Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Abaddon
Pro Bowler

Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Abaddon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangermouse View Post
See, I don't agree that Davis' death helps you this year. Reggie inherited a team that was over the cap and had traded its first four draft picks. The new regime really needs next offseason before it pays dividends.

I see the Raiders winning 4 or 5 this year but the future is definitely bright. As a Broncos fan it pains me to say that.
This demonstrates a clear lack of understanding of the organization. With Davis' death, there will be no more revamped gameplans the day before a game.

With Davis' death, players will now actually be held accountable, and they know this. There is no one for the players to go to when they don't like what the coach has to say. That can only lead to a more disciplined unit.

With Davis' death, offensive and defensive schemes can finally enter the 21st century.

I'm not predicting a playoff push. Not by any means. But if this team can win 16 games during the Hue Jackson error (8 as OC, 8 as HC), then an Al Davis free Raiders team should threaten to break .500 for the first time in a decade.

Knapp will make us one of the most, if not the most run oriented offense in the league. That will maximize Palmer's deep ball ability and help limit his opportunity for a brain fart.

If we can get 10 healthy games from McFadden, we should be able to make some noise during that stretch.

Defensively, I have some real concerns. But, this is where kicking dirt onto Davis' casket will prove the most beneficial. Davis fancied himself a defensive coordinator, and never let the coaching staff forget it. This year, Dennis Allen will have autonomy in designing his defense and creating the gameplans. There's your two extra wins.

Anything between 6 and 9 wins seems reasonable to me. Even if we wind up on the low end of that scale, 6 wins takes you out of range for a top 5 pick.

God damn it.

No offense, but your Raiders draft sucks.
Abaddon is offline   Reply With Quote