Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-15-2012, 09:33 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Avengers for me didn't hold up as well after a second viewing. Knowing the jokes ahead of time sort of made watching all those scenes sort of boring.
Probably because you suck. Still held up for me on a third time at least. Also, Iron Man 2 should not be above anything, Josh.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:39 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I concur... Iron Man 2 was the worst of all the Marvel movies listed.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I'd rank Thor in the better Marvel movies, honestly.

1) The Avengers
2) Iron Man

3) Thor
4) Iron Man 2
5) Captain America
6) The Incredible Hulk
I agree. I liked Iron Man 2 a lot though. RDJr. pretty much puts the Iron Man and Avengers movies over the top b/c he's so perfect.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Probably because you suck. Still held up for me on a third time at least. Also, Iron Man 2 should not be above anything, Josh.
I didn't say it was bad, I just loved it so much more the first time. And I do agree, Iron man 2 should not be above any of the other Marvel movies. Well maybe captain america, but after that no way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Avengers for me didn't hold up as well after a second viewing. Knowing the jokes ahead of time sort of made watching all those scenes sort of boring.
I saw it a second time without 3D and IMAX, and honestly I think I liked it more. As cool as IMAX is, I ******* hate how blurry/dark the action sequences are. It was so crisp and clean in a regular format. Seeing it a second time, catching all the jokes and comic references again...Was just great to see a movie done so perfectly. Joss Whedon has always been one of the most talented men in showbusiness (There's maybe 3 or 4 other writer/directors who have his ear for dialogue), it's so nice to see him hit it out of the park.

Quote:
Iron Man 2 had alot of flaws, indeed. It also had RDJ facing off with Sam Rockwell...you expect me not to love it? Those are two of my favorite actors. But I just rewatched The Incredible Hulk, and in light of The Avengers its actually quite a poor adaptation. It has some really great moments (mostly Tim Roth and Tim Blake Nelson), but overall it's really not a good movie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One big thing I wondered with Avengers was where the heck was War Machine? Has anyone talked about this?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
One big thing I wondered with Avengers was where the heck was War Machine? Has anyone talked about this?
That is also a good call, I think rotten had him listed in the movie as well. He'll most likely be in the next one regardless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is also a good call, I think rotten had him listed in the movie as well. He'll most likely be in the next one regardless.
They'll need to think of a damn good explanation for why he wasn't around. They could've at least had Stark attempting and failing to contact him.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 11:19 AM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thor's my favorite Avengers' movie(outside of the film itself). Thor's the ************* man.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So The End of the World is about to start filming. What do you guys think?

Quote:
Plot Summary

While attending a party at James Franco's house, Seth Rogen, Jay Baruchel and many other celebrities are faced with the apocalypse.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just realized how ****** we actually are, 240 nuclear power plants around the world all which would meltdown

only 4 in the southern hemisphere, not sure if that would matter at that point but there is a chance

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd go...

Avengers
Iron Man
Cap
Iron Man 2 (barely)
Thor
Hulk

Thor's time on Earth was just awful.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:09 PM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoyWonder22 View Post
I'd go...

Avengers
Iron Man
Cap
Iron Man 2 (barely)
Thor
Hulk

Thor's time on Earth was just awful.
I would move Ironman 2 to the bottom and place Hulk ahead of Thor. Ironman 2 was all setup and **** a dude with electric whips, Tony would take him out in two seconds.
Old 05-15-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Avengers
Iron Man
Thor
Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Iron Man 2

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-16-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I liked Avengers, it was funny but I wasn't blown away. The invading villains were too much like live action toys for me. Of the Avengers I'd go..

Iron Man
Avengers
Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Thor

All time?...

Spiderman II
Iron Man
Batman Begins
Scott Pilgrim
Blade II
Men In Black
The Crow
Mystery Men
30 Days of Night
From Hell

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

You're missing The Dark Knight.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-16-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're missing The Dark Knight.
No I'm not. ;)

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Beats the hell out of the bloated and boring From Hell.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-16-2012, 04:36 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a lot of time to kill with it being summer and all, what are some recommended movies on Netflix?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

I'm not sure there's a comic book movie more inflated than the Dark Knight.

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I have a lot of time to kill with it being summer and all, what are some recommended movies on Netflix?
The Woman (10)

Quote:
Quote:
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
niel89
SuperBowl Prop Bet Winner
All-Pro

niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.niel89 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Heres a good site for looking through Netflix instant stuff

http://instantwatcher.com/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy
niel89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

RDJ is going to make $50 million+ for Avengers. Holy crap.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
RDJ is going to make $50 million+ for Avengers. Holy crap.
5-7% just off box office revenue.

Plus check out the new avy. Thoughts?
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:40 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
I liked Avengers, it was funny but I wasn't blown away. The invading villains were too much like live action toys for me. Of the Avengers I'd go..

Iron Man
Avengers
Incredible Hulk
Captain America
Thor

All time?...

Spiderman II
Iron Man
Batman Begins
Scott Pilgrim
Blade II
Men In Black
The Crow
Mystery Men
30 Days of Night
From Hell
U weren't blown away with Avengers....HULK.........SMASH!

JK man, but I am not a huge comic/super hero type movie guy, and the Avengers was amazing to me. Granted, I went to see it on my birthday, so I may have been high...