Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 05-15-2012, 02:43 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
us cowboy faithful said the same thing about martellus bennett
Except we have the best TE coach in the NFL.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Except we have the best TE coach in the NFL.
who? is that a fact or just an opinion b/c i cant think of any great te's ya'll had since shockey (and no on kevin boss he was good overall te but far from great)
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
who? is that a fact or just an opinion b/c i cant think of any great te's ya'll had since shockey (and no on kevin boss he was good overall te but far from great)
Yeah Mike Pope is known as the best TE coach in football. Even Jason Witten said so in an interview a month or so ago. In fact his exact words (or very close to it) were "Anybody who plays TE in this league knows who Mike Pope is"
Old 05-15-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yeah Mike Pope is known as the best TE coach in football. Even Jason Witten said so in an interview a month or so ago. In fact his exact words (or very close to it) were "Anybody who plays TE in this league knows who Mike Pope is"
cool, i leave it that pope is one of the best te coaches in the league.

now if marty b has 50+ catches and 8 td's then ill say he's the best
Old 05-15-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You don't have to make everyone into Shannon Sharpe to be the best TE coach, just make them improve a lot which Pope does. He turned Boss and Ballard into legit TEs. Boss was a 6th rounder IIRC and Pope made him a valuable part of our offense and Ballard was a UDFA/Practice Squad TE who is now a starting caliber TE who helped Eli a lot this year. Go away Cowboy homer

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
Go away Cowboy homer
haha nice one, but i rep b-more and tampa bay too, so im not a complete homer
Old 05-15-2012, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still Pope has shown time and again that he can teach anyone to block and catch the ball. Boss, Ballard and Shockey where all terrible blockers when he got his hands on them and none of them had the consistent hands they developed under him.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ballard wasn't a terrible blocker. All he did at Ohio State was block because he was so good at it. He definitely took a step back in that area in the NFL but I wouldn't group him in with the other 2.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-15-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it is out of question to say that we could get a legit TE out of the bunch we have. Obviously Bennett and Robinson have the highest ceiling, look at their numbers. You have to say they have very high potential with their tangibles. What can help them reach their potential? Coaches, teammates, environment.

Well looking at what we have: Tom Coughlin, Mike Pope, Kevin Gilbride; Eli Manning (one of the best quarterbacks in the league), numerous other receiving threats; we just won the superbowl (winning environment).

I don't see how you completely write off the possibility that either bust instead of boom with what we have. Heck, Beckum could even be an x-factor, I know how most feel about him but the light went on. He was making good plays for us in the San Fran game and converted (at least two) crucial 3rd downs. Point is, the position has improved.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

If Bennentt doesn't succeed here with the support group around him with everyone you mentioned then he will never be more than he already is.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-15-2012, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN View Post
I don't think it is out of question to say that we could get a legit TE out of the bunch we have. Obviously Bennett and Robinson have the highest ceiling, look at their numbers. You have to say they have very high potential with their tangibles. What can help them reach their potential? Coaches, teammates, environment.

Well looking at what we have: Tom Coughlin, Mike Pope, Kevin Gilbride; Eli Manning (one of the best quarterbacks in the league), numerous other receiving threats; we just won the superbowl (winning environment).

I don't see how you completely write off the possibility that either bust instead of boom with what we have. Heck, Beckum could even be an x-factor, I know how most feel about him but the light went on. He was making good plays for us in the San Fran game and converted (at least two) crucial 3rd downs. Point is, the position has improved.
Plus people like to act like players who were bad/crappy have never come out of no where to succeed later in their careers. It happens every year, in every sport.

Sometimes a change in environment, coaching, and being forced to realize you're not as good as you thought you were can be enough to motivate a lot of players to put in the work.

That said, I'm not really expecting anything out of Bennett other than blocking. Anything else is just a bonus.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:15 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not a Bennett fan, I think he's a turd. I'm expecting him to be a great blocker for us, anything on top of that is gravy to me.

He's only on a 1 year contract anyway, so even if he does play like a world beater, I don't envision us re-signing him anyway considering all the other contracts we'll have coming up soon.
Old 05-16-2012, 08:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I always saw him drop to many passes so I didn't really want him either but I think he does well there. He's going to help improve our run game immensely which is just fine with me.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-16-2012, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Yes please.

Quote:
Ralph Vacchiano

Did someone say "Dynasty"? Yes, Justin Tuck did. "I think the second ring makes you that much hungrier," Tuck said. "You get there the first time and you're in awe. You win the second one and you're like, 'Maybe we can do something here.' Now we want to make it a dynasty." #NYG

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-16-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Picture says it all:

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-16-2012, 11:22 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that glistening you're seeing in those pictures, yeah thats the aftermath of our giant circlejerk orgy

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-16-2012, 11:47 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

Roddy White over Hakeem Nicks in 2012? Desean? I can deal with Jordy and AJ because they had beastly seasons as well, but those two i mentioned first weren't as good as Nicks.

Sig by BK <3

Quote:
Quote:
Old 05-17-2012, 03:54 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugh, i wouldn't take Jordy, Roddy OR Desean over him. Maybe, MAYBE AJ but that's because I freaking love him (assuming AJ Green)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:07 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

What are you talking about?

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-17-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
ifidel
Rookie

ifidel could make a wolverine purr.ifidel could make a wolverine purr.ifidel could make a wolverine purr.ifidel could make a wolverine purr.ifidel could make a wolverine purr.ifidel could make a wolverine purr.ifidel could make a wolverine purr.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...dencies-tables

Interesting read. We're in Nickel almost 60% of the time. I'm really interested in seeing if TT will move over to the slot or if we keep Antrel there. I kind of liked Antrel in the slot cuz of his pressing ability, but he did give up some big plays. I'd much rather move TT over to Safety in place of Grant, especially since he's coming off of a torn ACL.
ifidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 05:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

That article isn't really saying anything we didn't already know. In a passing league, your nickel defense is your base defense. The 4-3 and 3-4 are subpackages now, and your nickel defense is your base.

We, along with the Packers were just ahead of the curve with our usage of the Nickel strong on 1st and 2nd down. You are better off giving up an extra YPC in the run game to stop the pass than stop an extra yard in the run game but get gashed through the air.

Teams will smarten up and start developing run heavy offenses soon to counter this, and then defenses will evolve to bigger defenses again to counter that. Football is evolution, when the league sways in one direction too heavily, someone smartens up and moves in the opposite direction to gain a competitive advantage, then the rest of the league catches up to them and then the process cycles again.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Was Fewell ahead of the curve because of the lack of personnel or because he was smart enough to realize what was going on? I'm leaning towards the former.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-17-2012, 05:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Btw...Rolando McClain...glad we dodged that bullet! (No pun)

I remember trying so hard to sell myself on him. I kept watching game after game and I'm like, yo this guy just isn't that nice. He and Spikes were the same player to me and I couldn't understand why Spikes was a 2nd rounder and he was a 1st. I liked Spoon a lot, but McClain...I tried seeing it, but I just couldn't sell myself on him.

It turns out my eyes didn't lie to me. He is a mediocre NFL player and a thug on top of that.
Old 05-17-2012, 05:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Was Fewell ahead of the curve because of the lack of personnel or because he was smart enough to realize what was going on? I'm leaning towards the former.
You know me, I hate giving Perry Fewell any credit. So let's say it was lack of personnel.

Afterall, this is the same guy who unleashed the vaunted rush 3 Cover 2 for most of the regular season. Even a turd is shiny once in awhile.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I'll give him credit for finally switching things up even though it was super super super super late. Let's hope he continues.

sig by BoneKrusher