Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-15-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysBeastMode View Post
garrett didnt like his character, he would be the next marty b nice talent but probably wont do anything with it
Not saying you're wrong but I never heard anything bad about Moore or specifically about Garrett not liking him. Any links??
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:32 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmd34 View Post
Not saying you're wrong but I never heard anything bad about Moore or specifically about Garrett not liking him. Any links??
i read that last year somewhere after moore came in for a pre-draft visit, i look for it
CowboysBeastMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
cmd34
Rookie

cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cmd34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I do remember after Moore's visit with the Cowboys he said he felt good about his chances of Dallas taking him because of the Cowboys "obvious need for Safeties".

Maybe Garrett didn't like him saying that despite it being 110 % accurate.
cmd34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 05:51 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CowboysBeastMode is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I do remember after Moore's visit with the Cowboys he said he felt good about his chances of Dallas taking him because of the Cowboys "obvious need for Safeties".

Maybe Garrett didn't like him saying that despite it being 110 % accurate.
couldnt find it but ill look later im bout to hit up the track, idk why denver would get rid of him anyway they drafted him in the 2nd round and dawkins retired they need safeties
Old 05-15-2012, 10:12 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The league is full of successful players who didn't quite work out with their first team.
I understand but with quality safety play at such a premium in the league, I can't image a team giving up on a guy this soon unless something is missing big time.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys will have to wait before they see guard Mackenzy Bernadeau on the practice field.

According to multiple sources, Bernadeau, who signed a four-year, $11 million deal as a free agent in March, had surgery over the weekend to repair a tear in his right hip and the hope is he could be back in 10-12 weeks

Not a good sign. Hope somebody steps up

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys will have to wait before they see guard Mackenzy Bernadeau on the practice field.

According to multiple sources, Bernadeau, who signed a four-year, $11 million deal as a free agent in March, had surgery over the weekend to repair a tear in his right hip and the hope is he could be back in 10-12 weeks

I think this might open the door for Ron Leary to push for a starting position. Callahan said he was on of the most "ready to plug in" prospects out of the lineman he personally scouted in this years draft. Kowalksi and Nagy are both going to get a look but are better fits to compete with Costa at center.

The Dark horse would be Arkin who should come in a lot stronger than he was last year. His name hasn't popped up a lot in interviews from Jerry or JG, which lead to some reports that he wasn't developing to Bill Callahan's liking.

Last edited by Witten4HOF : 05-16-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post

Yikes.

I think Ron Leary has just won a starting spot at RG.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
I think this might open the door for Ron Leary to push for a starting position. Callahan said he was on of the most "ready to plug in" prospects out of the lineman he personally scouted in this years draft. Kowalksi and Nagy fit are both going to get a look but are better fits to compete with Costa at center.
I agree that Kowalski and Nagy are much better fits to battle for the C spot.

We heard it over and over again that they were too undersized at Guard. ...and that part of Costa struggling at C was because both OGs next too him were small.

So I fully expect us to play with big OGs if Costa is our C.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Witten4HOF
Veteran

Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Witten4HOF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I agree that Kowalski and Nagy are much better fits to battle for the C spot.

We heard it over and over again that they were too undersized at Guard. ...and that part of Costa struggling at C was because both OGs next too him were small.

So I fully expect us to play with big OGs if Costa is our C.
ya i just edited to include Arkin... I read somewhere that he expects to have a playing weight of 315 or so. It bothers me that the team isn't really talking about him.
Witten4HOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witten4HOF View Post
ya i just edited to include Arkin... I read somewhere that he expects to have a playing weight of 315 or so. It bothers me that the team isn't really talking about him.
Perhaps they aren't talking about him because he's our "secret weapon."

Seriously, it sucks about Bernadeau's injury, but it would have been worse if he won the starting job and then suffered this injury on the first play from scrimmage in the opening game against the Giants. At least this way he has time to heal and work his way back early. And in the meantime, we get the chance to see if any of the young ones have developed any under Callahan and Woicik.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

So Mike Jenkins wants a trade huh? I say make him play it out.
Old 05-21-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kinda sucks heading into your contract year knowing your about to get demoted to #3 duty, but he has only himself to blame for this situation. If he played better over the past 2 seasons we wouldn't have brought in 2 high profile CBs this off-season. That said, he needs to man up and accept it because he has about zero trade value coming off shoulder surgery and hasn't been consistent since '09. Pouting about having to compete for his job isn't gonna make him any more attractive to potential suitors either.

I don't think Jenkins is dumb enough to let this stretch into TC, he has zero leverage and a holdout will kill any chance he has at landing a nice sized contract in FA. He and his agent both know he needs as much good film as he can get this season.
Old 05-21-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He'll calm down. I'd make him play it out as well. His trade value cannot be the high or else JJ would've made a move by now.

Signature courtesy of BoneKrusher
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:28 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Asking for a trade is just about the stupidest thing he could have done. He has no leverage with the team seeing as how right now he'd be the third cb at best, and we have no leverage with other teams on value because of his injury riddled season. We most likely aren't trading him and all this does is make him look like a bad teammate. Not sure him and his agent really thought of this much before making the request.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:31 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

This is gonna be a great chance for the leaders on the team to step up and take control of the situation.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:22 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Asking for a trade is just about the stupidest thing he could have done. He has no leverage with the team seeing as how right now he'd be the third cb at best, and we have no leverage with other teams on value because of his injury riddled season. We most likely aren't trading him and all this does is make him look like a bad teammate. Not sure him and his agent really thought of this much before making the request.
I think part of this situation is his agent, none other than drew rosenhaus.

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 05-22-2012 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:38 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think part of this situation is his agent none other than drew rosenhaus.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 05-23-2012 at 08:30 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 07:10 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
i disagree with you, this is the only move jenkins can make in terms of leverage. if you put all the cards on the table, he struggled his rookie year but since he was a rookie u can throw it out, he was a pro bowl alternate his second year, was equally as bad as he was good the previous year, and last year he played well when he was on the field but staying on the field was the problem. after jj gave brandon carr 5-50, rosenhaus is looking to cash in to a similar deal for jenkins who has a pro bowl, carr doesnt and jenkins has played against better competition at wr and qb than what carr did in terms of the nfc east and afc west.

now with claiborne set to most likely start unless jenkins is head and shoulders above him during training camp (which i doubt) he'll relegated to not just the 3rd corner but having to play the mostly out of slot which is almost a different position these days, and if you watched DRC of philly last year he really struggled with that transition, which mike jenkins cannot afford to do if cashing in on a big contract is his goal. but if he gets traded he can start and play his natural position and set himself to get paid.

requesting a trade won't do anything b/c the cowboys own him but i don't think its dumb, b/c if he has to play alot of slot i he more than likely will struggle which doesn't setup well for him or his agent the following offseason

btw how does it make him a bad teammate? this is the business of nfl, players understand and i doubt the majority of guys would hold that against him

Last edited by CowboysBeastMode : 05-22-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 07:12 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
gif not workin
Old 05-23-2012, 12:41 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
gif not workin
IDK why it wasn't working before, looks to be fixed though.

FYI, Broaddus was on Talkin' Cowboys live from the field for OTAs. He mentioned that Dez looks noticeably slimmer and more explosive out of his breaks. Spagnola also said he looks like he lost a couple inches off his waist.

I like hearing that, during his Pro Day he weighed like 225 and I remember thinking that seemed borderline overweight. Also, I just like hearing about players dropping weight over an off-season... it's a good sign of hard work.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

This is THE season to get Dez in fantasy folks. Don't be a fool and get caught without him.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:02 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is THE season to get Dez in fantasy folks. Don't be a fool and get caught without him.
Think we could have a Dallas cowboys fan league? Maybe on yahoo with a live draft? 10-12 teams? What do yall think? Would be fun and give me bragging rights when I win the league! ;)

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:42 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post

FYI, Broaddus was on Talkin' Cowboys live from the field for OTAs. He mentioned that Dez looks noticeably slimmer and more explosive out of his breaks. Spagnola also said he looks like he lost a couple inches off his waist.

I like hearing that, during his Pro Day he weighed like 225 and I remember thinking that seemed borderline overweight. Also, I just like hearing about players dropping weight over an off-season... it's a good sign of hard work.
good to see dez grindin in the offseason but he still needs to master the playbook, if he does that then him and miles easily best 1-2 wr combination
Old 05-23-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
CowboysBeastMode
Veteran

for the few still patrolling the board i pose a question

if the cowboys were to trade jenkins what you rather have a player or a pick(4th rounder)?