Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-15-2012, 10:35 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll have to look up the details, but I believe Margus showed up at SMU to train with their track and field coach and on a whim he tried out for the football team. Something like that.

He's listed at 295# on ESPN currently and if he can still keep his speed and athleticism, all he has to do is put those special tools together on the football field this season.

And Ngata IMO wouldn't embarrass himself as a 43 DE, but I don't think he would be exceptional at the position either. I see him as strictly an interior guy.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah scratch what I said earlier. He should have no problem playing 4-3 DE at around 300. Mario says he's 300 now and was in the 290's at DE in Houston. Margus has a similar if not bigger frame so carrying that much weight shouldn't really affect his athleticism.
Old 05-15-2012, 12:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Yeah scratch what I said earlier. He should have no problem playing 4-3 DE at around 300. Mario says he's 300 now and was in the 290's at DE in Houston. Margus has a similar if not bigger frame so carrying that much weight shouldn't really affect his athleticism.

I think he's best as a 5 tech.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I think he's best as a 5 tech.
Scheme versatility, it's key, bro.

(but yes 5-tech is most likely his best spot. his style of play and movement is much more JJ/Calais than it is JPP/Mario/Jared Allen)
Old 05-15-2012, 02:46 PM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you can take a 28.9999 year old at 22, then you can easily take a 25 year old at 20.
DL is not QB. The NFL rulebook is ridiculously QB friendly.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Dro
Rookie

Dro hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
I really like Hunt, but he's a bit old for a top 20 pick. iirc he was born in 1987...
still can have a effective 10 year career.
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Scheme versatility, it's key, bro.

(but yes 5-tech is most likely his best spot. his style of play and movement is much more JJ/Calais than it is JPP/Mario/Jared Allen)

Which is why I made the JJ comparison and said he's best at a 5 tech, brah.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CC & Dockett both under contract for 5 years so I don't care about him anymore :D

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is one big difference between him and Poe on tape - Hunt looks awesome.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Which is why I made the JJ comparison and said he's best at a 5 tech, brah.
I'm thinking 5-tech, too, but he might do just as well in a Mario Williams kind of role, or Julius Peppers. I like him as a 4-3 LE, too.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Razor
Pro Bowler

Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Razor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dro View Post
still can have a effective 10 year career.
Could? Maybe... Will he? Who knows? But I know one thing: Age is very much correlated with major injuries, especially on the DL. You don't see many 35 year old D-linemen being dominant, most slow down in their very early thirties. There's always the possibility that you can get ten+ years out of a 25-yo rookie, but I'd place that in the left end of the bell curve.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm a whiny little kunt. Feel sorry for me as I go masturbate to a picture of my mom dressed as a teletubby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:35 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Much like NBA Centers most DL start to break down physically at 30, there are plenty of cases where guys keep playing at a high level after 30 but it's not the majority

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
Dro
Rookie

Dro hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor View Post
Could? Maybe... Will he? Who knows? But I know one thing: Age is very much correlated with major injuries, especially on the DL. You don't see many 35 year old D-linemen being dominant, most slow down in their very early thirties. There's always the possibility that you can get ten+ years out of a 25-yo rookie, but I'd place that in the left end of the bell curve.
no one said dominant i said effective.. Abraham is a good example or hell even Andre Carter is a good example.. they were effective around the 35 year mark.. and injuries is with everyone not just a 25 year old.
Dro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Jason Taylor, Michael Strahan, Bruce Smith, Reggie White....etc. There's obviously not a set shelf life for players, and there are plenty of examples of big, strong guys playing for a long time. And as we've got to remember with these late-starters, there's not nearly as much wear on their bodies; a 25-year old NFL player who was drafted when he was 21 might have played twice as much "high-level" football - he's probably already had a few nagging injuries. Hunt's going to be a rookie, and thus pretty fresh. It doen't mean he'll play til he's 40, but his "30" might be when he's 32, if you know what I mean.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:11 AM    (permalink
G Mobile
Veteran

G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.G Mobile is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought this deserved a bump after that Sheraton bowl performance. The guy made plays. His closing speed is pretty great. Anyone know how his stock now after his senior year? The Senior Bowl will be a big factor for him. He could make a lot of money that week.
G Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He surely likes Bowl games. Wish he was more consistent. Still huge upside.
Old 12-26-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Fits that 3-4 DE profile for sure. Would like him better if he were a few years younger.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:26 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He just started playing football I'm not concerned with his age. Doesn't have any wear and tear.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know you're a badass when your first name is Margus.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Coul he play end in a 3-4? Probably, but I think it would be almost a waste of his skillset. He has the height/weight of a 3-4 end but he looks like a 4-3 end to me. He can really get to the QB and is insanely explosive for a 6-8 300 pounder. Simply a freak. Age could be an issue, but Hunt has crazy talent. Not a finished product and is a little long in the tooth for a prospect, but he has rare talent. If he learns the game some more and gets with an NFL S&C program, he could be a force.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:16 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting. The only NFL d-lineman I can think of that's that tall is Arizona's Calais Campbell. But his workout numbers weren't as impressive I believe

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm interested in the measureables.

6'8" 300 was just mentioned. I''ve seen 6'7" 280 and everything in between.
Old 12-26-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I'm interested in the measureables.

6'8" 300 was just mentioned. I''ve seen 6'7" 280 and everything in between.
I said 6-8 300 but I am expecting around 6-7 295. If he measures in at that size and runs a 4.7 like people are saying he could, those are Mario Williams triangle numbers. I am expecting some impressive splits as well as vert/bench.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
rawdawg
Veteran

rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rawdawg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't look near 300 to me, but it could be because he moves so well in space. I'd guess 275-280ish. Looks like he could play 4-3 DE to me.
rawdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 05:13 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think his workouts will put Margus somewhere in the top 32.

There just aren't many guys in the NFL that size with Hunt's combo of athletic tools.