Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Winner?
BIG 10 11 73.33%
BIG 12 4 26.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-16-2012, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default All Conference teams in the NFL: Battle of the bigs

It's the offseason and I am bored, this means that it is time for ridiculous polls that don't matter in the long run yet spark furious debate!!!!

Premise

The idea is simple: If eight teams were made up of NFL players from each college conference, who would field the best team.

This will be done tournament style with the highest seed facing the lowest seed and so on.

I have chosen to include teams based on where they will be in 2012.

BEFORE YOU READ FURTHER:

I have likely messed up somewhere, including where certain teams will be going in 2012. This took awhile and again, I likely messed up somewhere. Let me know and I will try to right the situation

Rules

1. I tried to chose the best players at every position from each conference, I may have missed someone or made a judgement call on two close candidates. If you don't agree, simply let me know. If it was an outright error, I will fix it immediately. If it was a judgement cal,l and enough people feel different from my judgement, I will change it.

2. All decisions are made on based on current information and so should your decisions. We know that in his prime so and so was the best, I'm talking right now

3. Try to consider more than just the skill position players (QB, RB, WR etc.) include OL and DL into your thought process, that's why I included them.

4. Try to consider more than just overall talent, imagine if this game was actually played. Think of the respected teams OL vs DL battle, WRs/QB vs the secondary.

5. REALLY try and avoid the inevitable SECZZZZZZZZZZ argument. Use more than your preconceived notions and blind favoritism.

Teams

The eight conferences chosen were (seeding order)
1. ACC

2. PAC12

3. SEC

4. BIG10

5. BIG12

6. FCS/Indep.

7. MAC

8. BIG EAST

Due to boredom, I will do "pregame commentary" on each of the teams followed by a "wrap up/sign off" after results are in.

I would really like to encourage reasoning behind the decisions made

SO WITHOUT FURTHER ADIEU:

THE BIG 10 VS. BIG 12 MATCH UP: BATTLE OF THE BIGS

On one side you have the BIG 10; on the other, The BIG 12, heavily loaded with players from Oklahoma and Texas.

Early a tough decision had to be made between Tommy and Drew but in the end Tommy is undeniable and with a chance to stand in the pocket all day he might just tear the opposing defense apart like an angry surgeon.

The Defense is stout at all positions especially the LB corps.

The safety position is a bit of concern but they may just be able to hold out against a young Sam Bradford who doesn't have much in terms of a deep threat.

Can the running game of Adrian Peterson pull the team to victory?

Will the LB corps be able to supply enough pressure against this tough BIG 10 OL?

(Voting will be open until 8:00 PM Sunday. I will post the other four match ups as the day goes on)

I PITY THE FOOL WHO DON'T BELIEVE ME
BK sig is straight sex
THE Ohio State University Buckeyes
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Miller is visual sex on the field.

Last edited by Sloopy : 05-16-2012 at 12:34 PM.
Sloopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm definitely taking the Big 10 in this one. That offensive line is down right amazing. The front 7 on defense is also pretty damn good and I wouldn't trust Sam Bradford to make a less than great safety pairing suffer.

Holmes and Lloyd on the outside catching from Brady behind that line is a pretty good combination.

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A lot of those Miami players actually played in the Big East not the ACC.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 12:59 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sloopy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
A lot of those Miami players actually played in the Big East not the ACC.
I know, but I'm not gunna take the time to sort them in that way.

All players will be assigned to their school and placed on the conference team in which their school now plays in

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-16-2012, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not really that hard. Pretty much all of those guys all played in the Big East and not the ACC.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It's not really that hard. Pretty much all of those guys all played in the Big East and not the ACC.
I understand that. It's just the way that I did it though :P

Miami is in the ACC now and thus all their players will belong to the ACC team

I'm assuming this has something to do with the Big East/Rutgers :P

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-16-2012, 08:19 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Richard Sherman should replace Trufant at CB for the Pac 12.

Last edited by XxXdragonXxX : 05-16-2012 at 08:26 PM.
XxXdragonXxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:16 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Richard Sherman should replace Trufant at CB for the Pac 12.
If anything wouldn't you want Browner over Trufant?

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:
Old 05-16-2012, 11:19 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloopy View Post
If anything wouldn't you want Browner over Trufant?
Well both, but Sherman is actually better than Browner.

I'd also put Walter Thurmond on there before Trufant...maybe even Roy Lewis...I just realized that the Seahawks have 5 CBs from the Pac 12. Anyway, the point is that Trufant isn't very good anymore.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:43 AM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxXdragonXxX View Post
Well both, but Sherman is actually better than Browner.

I'd also put Walter Thurmond on there before Trufant...maybe even Roy Lewis...I just realized that the Seahawks have 5 CBs from the Pac 12. Anyway, the point is that Trufant isn't very good anymore.
Yea to be honest, my heart said browner and I considered Roy but I also tried to appeal to the general public. I will take it into consideration for the next round if I get more hits on that

Also, due to the lopsidedness of a few of all of these, I will likely close the poll before sunday and move on to the next matchups if it it all the same to everyone else.

I'll put them up later tonight when I get some time if it is all the same to everyone else

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote:

Last edited by Sloopy : 05-17-2012 at 08:47 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Sloopy
Pro Bowler

The Battle of the Bigs is over and when the dust clears the Big ten is on top

Brady was able to sit behind the monstrous OL all day and move down the field with ease.

Trent Williams and Davin Joseph made valiant efforts in protecting Bradford but the right side of the line just couldn't hold up to the pass rush.

AP was the only bright spot on offense but you can't run when your down and by the end he was a non factor

BK sig is straight sex
Baltimore Ravens
Cleveland Cavaliers
Cleveland Indians
Chelsea FC
Quote: