Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 05-18-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if dwyer can do it hed be the only one id like to see carrying the ball personally
Old 05-19-2012, 11:57 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

holy moley sean spence can shoota gap

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

David Johnson has been moved to FB full time. Also, Redman has said that RBs will get the ball more in the passing game.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dwyer looks out of shape again...sigh.

i hope they bring mendenhall back after this year even if he cant contribute much for this season. he deserves to have a real interior line and an OC that will get him the ball.

im predicting a piss poor ground game all season with redman though, it makes me sad
Old 05-23-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

nah have faith in Baron Batch, double B. I hope we turns into willie, doesn't have his speed, but ya know UDFA to starter.
Old 05-23-2012, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any pics of the OTA's anywhere?
Old 05-28-2012, 10:17 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting.........

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...urgh-steelers/

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathbyStat View Post

sorry the link doesn't work

Mike Tirico

"(Ole Miss QB) Bo Wallace is one of those types of quarterbacks who is always trying to save the city but he's actually burning it down." -- NFC director of scouting
Old 05-30-2012, 11:05 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't really like the pick at first, but I'm starting to think that Sean Spence has a damn good year for the Steelers this year and makes some game changing plays.

Chris Rainey too. Reports out of OTAs are saying that he is very special and can fly. I hope he's our Darren Sproles.
Old 05-30-2012, 11:41 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

some tweets

@MarkKaboly_Trib: I can say Ramon Foster was back at practice. Worilds appears to have a broken thumb. No Harrison and Chris Rainey is fast

@MarkKaboly_Trib: Cam Heyward: "If Ziggy isn't working out here, he is working out somewhere else. Steve (McLendon) is always up here. He is just a meathead."

i WISH hood would work somewhere else. Im real excited for heyward this year

@MarkKaboly_Trib: Chris Hoke was at practice today and actually jumped in line and hit the sled. At 225 lbs now, the sled didn't move as much as it used to

Hoke dropped like 80 pounds in retirement...jesus

@steelers: Jerricho Cotchery "I think the main thing is what drew me here last year, the type of organization this is, the HC, and definitely the QB"

@steelers: Jerricho Cotchery " I do want to win a Super Bowl. We all know what type of work has to be done in order for that to get accomplished. "
Old 06-01-2012, 11:31 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

idk if i posted this already but its a video of heyward in last years preseason...hes a monster at the point of attack and just bullrushes the **** of of linemen.

http://vimeo.com/28186865

he only had 11 tackles last year but im pretty sure 5 of them were bringing a RB down with one arm.

might not be a defensive player im more excited about
Old 06-03-2012, 09:14 AM    (permalink
King Carls 5 Year Plan
Veteran

King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.King Carls 5 Year Plan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Chris Rainey too. Reports out of OTAs are saying that he is very special and can fly. I hope he's our Darren Sproles.
he is more likely your version of Dexter McCluster. hopefully, thats the version before his injury in his rookie season. he was an animal in the 1st couple weeks. returning a punt for a TD on National TV and taking a swing pass to the house whilst breaking ankles. then he got a high ankle sprain and that killed '10. last year McCluster was used almost exclusively as a RB due to Charles injury. that really isn't his game. i know that Haley is a huge fan of creating mismatches by motioning. having a versatile player like Rainey with speed and wiggles will play well in his offense. Rainey may lineup @ RB, X, Z or Y and he'll be a specail teams Ace as well.

speaking of Haley, i'm interested to see how he gets along with Roethlisberger. in KC, as most everyone saw, his relationship with Cassel was tumultuous at best. in the beginning Cassel was willing to put up with it and dish out a little attitude himself. by the end of it, Cassel, the entirety of the team and most of KC fans were sick of Haley's shtick. i don't know that Ben is willing to put up with near as much or near as long as Cassel did. i mean Ben does have jewelry on multiple fingers already and Haley was a golf guy that never played football. it's always interesting to see how that dynamic will play out together.

then, you guys go and steal my draft mancrush this year, David DeCastro. he fits your system very well and hopefully turns into the type of player i thought he would be. in 3 years, he will be the best OG in football. i wanted him @ #11 for the Chiefs. i guess what i'm saying is with DeCastro, Haley and the blue collar team you got, i'm going to frequent your team page a lot more often in the upcoming future.
King Carls 5 Year Plan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 12:19 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'm getting REAL excited for camp to start. There are going to be great battles and this team is going to be so good come September. This rookie class (including UDFAs) is going to be amazing IMO.
Old 06-08-2012, 12:43 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

adams vs gilbert is going to be awesome, i hope scott isnt even in the conversation.

lewis vs brown vs allen is another one

rainey vs redman vs batch vs dwyer screams mediocrity but should be fun lol

allen vs clark for FS could happen too

taamu vs mcclendon

hood vs heyward

saunders vs pope

quietly i think brown vs sanders could be very interesting too

foote vs spence vs sly
Old 06-08-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Butler vs Kapinos as well.

Myron Rolle vs Cromartie-Smith vs Will Allen
Old 06-21-2012, 01:36 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Alex Carrington might not make it out of Training Camp alive in Buffalo since they are moving to a 43 defense. I'd pick him up and groom him just in case Hood doesn't return after his contract is up. I liked Carrington a lot coming out and there is no such thing as having too much young depth along the DL.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:51 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I got bored, here's a 53 man projection a month before training camp on what will be going into week 1.

QB: Ben Roethlisberger/Byron Leftwich/Charlie Batch
RB: Isaac Redman/Baron Batch/Jonathan Dwyer/Chris Rainey/David Johnson(FB)
WR: Mike Wallace/Antonio Brown/Emmanuel Sanders/Jerricho Cotchery/Toney Clemons
TE: Heath Miller/Leonard Pope/David Paulson/Weslye Saunders(suspended)
OL: Mike Adams/Willie Colon/Maurkice Pouncey/David Decastro/Marcus Gilbert/Ramon Foster/Trai Essex/Doug Legursky/

DL: Ziggy Hood/Steve McClendon/Brett Keisel/Cameron Heyward/Alameda Ta’amu/Corbin Bryant/Al Woods
LB: James Harrison/Lawrence Timmons/Larry Foote/LaMarr Woodley/Chris Carter/Sean Spence/Jason Worilds/Stevenon Sylvester
DB: Ike Taylor/Ryan Clark/Troy Polamalu/Keenan Lewis/Cortez Allen/Ryan Mundy /Curtis Brown/Damon Cromartie-Smith/Robert Golden

K: Shaun Suisham
P: Drew Butler
LS: Greg Warren

PUP: Rashard Mendenhall/Casey Hampton

PS:
Brandon Lindsey OLB
Jerrod Johnson QB
John Clay RB
Marquise Maze WR
Terrance Fredrick CB
Kelvin Beachem OL
Ike Igbinosun DL
Morty Ivvy LB
Old 06-21-2012, 03:08 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Here's a mock as well:

1) TJ McDonald S Southern California
2) Nico Johnson LB Alabama
3) Christine Michael RB Texas A&M
4) Hakeem Smith S Louisville
5) Seantrel Henderson OT Miami (Fla)
6)Russell Shepard WR LSU
7) Dustin Hopkins K Florida State
Old 06-21-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Alex Carrington might not make it out of Training Camp alive in Buffalo since they are moving to a 43 defense. I'd pick him up and groom him just in case Hood doesn't return after his contract is up. I liked Carrington a lot coming out and there is no such thing as having too much young depth along the DL.
I agree was a big fan of him coming out of school as 3-4 DE, Yeah really wasn't sure about Hood then or now, think he would be a better 4-3 DT

Mike Tirico

Old 06-21-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

Quote:
loved him as a 5 tech, thought he would be badass for us as a mid round pick. I still loathe hood as a 5 tech, if he was an UT hed be dominant. I think heyward is gonna be a stud but i hope they play him at LDE and Hood/Keisel more at RDE long term if they keep him, which shouldnt be really hard at this point.

Quote:
I got bored, here's a 53 man projection a month before training camp on what will be going into week 1.

QB: Ben Roethlisberger/Byron Leftwich/Charlie Batch
RB: Isaac Redman/Baron Batch/Jonathan Dwyer/Chris Rainey/David Johnson(FB)
WR: Mike Wallace/Antonio Brown/Emmanuel Sanders/Jerricho Cotchery/Toney Clemons
TE: Heath Miller/Leonard Pope/David Paulson/Weslye Saunders(suspended)
OL: Mike Adams/Willie Colon/Maurkice Pouncey/David Decastro/Marcus Gilbert/Ramon Foster/Trai Essex/Doug Legursky/

DL: Ziggy Hood/Steve McClendon/Brett Keisel/Cameron Heyward/Alameda Ta’amu/Corbin Bryant/Al Woods
LB: James Harrison/Lawrence Timmons/Larry Foote/LaMarr Woodley/Chris Carter/Sean Spence/Jason Worilds/Stevenon Sylvester
DB: Ike Taylor/Ryan Clark/Troy Polamalu/Keenan Lewis/Cortez Allen/Ryan Mundy /Curtis Brown/Damon Cromartie-Smith/Robert Golden

K: Shaun Suisham
P: Drew Butler
LS: Greg Warren

PUP: Rashard Mendenhall/Casey Hampton

PS:
Brandon Lindsey OLB
Jerrod Johnson QB
John Clay RB
Marquise Maze WR
Terrance Fredrick CB
Kelvin Beachem OL
Ike Igbinosun DL
Morty Ivvy LB
didnt cromartie-smith get waived? and you dont think hampton makes the final roster? cant say id be too upset. and are you assuming mendenhall gets IR'd cause that would suck imo
Quote:
Here's a mock as well:

1) TJ McDonald S Southern California
2) Nico Johnson LB Alabama
3) Christine Michael RB Texas A&M
4) Hakeem Smith S Louisville
5) Seantrel Henderson OT Miami (Fla)
6)Russell Shepard WR LSU
7) Dustin Hopkins K Florida State
Henderson could be in the conversation for first overall if he stays healthy this season. Having Henderson/Gilbert/Adams...wow

TJ Mcdonald though <3333
Old 06-21-2012, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
loved him as a 5 tech, thought he would be badass for us as a mid round pick. I still loathe hood as a 5 tech, if he was an UT hed be dominant. I think heyward is gonna be a stud but i hope they play him at LDE and Hood/Keisel more at RDE long term if they keep him, which shouldnt be really hard at this point.

didnt cromartie-smith get waived? and you dont think hampton makes the final roster? cant say id be too upset. and are you assuming mendenhall gets IR'd cause that would suck imo

Henderson could be in the conversation for first overall if he stays healthy this season. Having Henderson/Gilbert/Adams...wow

TJ Mcdonald though <3333
DCS is still on the team. Coaches seem to love him so I think he'll make it this year. I think Hampton and Mendenhall both start the year on the PUP list so we can get healthier and younger guys on the team to experience. Then when Mendenhall and Hampton come back, Woods will go back to the PS and I think Paulson will be gone.
Old 06-21-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

the coaches seemed to love donovan warren and crezdon butler too, hell i loved them lol
Old 06-21-2012, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
the coaches seemed to love donovan warren and crezdon butler too, hell i loved them lol
Unlike them though, DCS has made the team before lol.
Old 06-25-2012, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Troy Smith has been released. I wonder if A) Jerrod Johnson will make his way onto the PS or B) they'll sign another QB body for TC.
Old 06-25-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Troy Smith has been released. I wonder if A) Jerrod Johnson will make his way onto the PS or B) they'll sign another QB body for TC.
Mcnabb?..hahaha

Mike Tirico