Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-17-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
So do you guys just buy games or do you use GameFly?

I feel like I'm out of the loop a little with games now, because there are very very very few games I'll buy just because they're so much money.. but GameFly is $17/month for one game at a time, which is still a little more than I want to pay. So, as a result, I just don't play many games anymore.
The cheapest way is to wait till gamestop runs buy 2 used and get 1 free game deal which they do about every 2 r 3 months. If you do this and wait several months after the game is droped you can get a good deal. Also if your a member of there rewards program you save 10%. If you do it that way you can get 3 games for about the price of 1 new one.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wait for a price drop on 90% of my games. I mean not only is it cheaper but you normally end up getting some free DLC as well.

I probably won't get a day one release again till The Last of Us. I'm not going to be able to wait for that.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:14 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The Walking Dead Sprints to 1 Million Sales

Says episode 2 isn't coming out till June. :(

I'm very glad to see this and games like LA Noire and Heavy Rain making the companies so much $. This should mean over the next few years it will open up alot more possibilites with new games.
Old 05-18-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone play Max Payne 3 yet? It got rave reviews across the board, just wondering if anyone here can confirm that it lives up to the hype.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:22 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Anyone play Max Payne 3 yet? It got rave reviews across the board, just wondering if anyone here can confirm that it lives up to the hype.
I've not played it but I've been following the people on this thread and everyone seems to like it.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...ne-3-a-15.html
Old 05-18-2012, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I have a hard time justifying buying games. Only the really crucial ones like Skyrim, GTA, etc. I don't buy action games that I will beat in 15 hours. Except GOW, I guess I did buy GOW 3.

When I do buy games I try to buy used. No benefit to buying a new game, really.
Same here. I rarely buy new.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Played the first episode of The Walking Dead again, I wasn't going to since your actions effect the other episodes but I got bored.

I kinda wish they would give you a little more time to decide what to say when talking with people, but I guess it makes it more real.

I can't wait to get all 5 episodes and play them all making different choices and what not.

Last edited by Splat : 05-18-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been tempted to as well. I've won so far.
I agree on the little amount of time but like you said, it makes it more real.
I actually like it... I definitely regretted some decisions right after I made them.
The time crunch made me panic and I ended up picking something I probably wouldn't of picked if I had more time.

Old 05-18-2012, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Me Likey Rookies
Veteran

Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Me Likey Rookies is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Max Payne 3 and The Walking Dead are both great. I'm loving the story in MP3 but its damn hard if you play with free aim.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

I'm still playing mass effect 2 and still enjoying it more then I thought i would. I'm close to the 20 hour mark and the IFF missions are now available. I'm waiting to do them till I get the side loyalty quest done like someone here said to do. How long once IMO the IFF till the game is over?
Old 05-20-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
I'm still playing mass effect 2 and still enjoying it more then I thought i would. I'm close to the 20 hour mark and the IFF missions are now available. I'm waiting to do them till I get the side loyalty quest done like someone here said to do. How long once IMO the IFF till the game is over?
It's easily one of my favorite games ever...

There isn't much left after the IFF mission. Just make sure you have all the ship upgrades before you go through the Omega 4 relay.
Old 05-20-2012, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Just beat Infamous on Hard, the final boss is a ***** on hard.
Old 05-20-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's easily one of my favorite games ever...

There isn't much left after the IFF mission. Just make sure you have all the ship upgrades before you go through the Omega 4 relay.
I don't think I've got any ship upgrads as that stuff is kinda confusing me lol I'm playing on easy though so I've died very little
Old 05-20-2012, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just beat Infamous on Hard, the final boss is a ***** on hard.
Oh I know what you mean. I only played through it on hard for the achievement and before I got inFamous 2, and it was a joke up until the end. I literally spent over an hour and a half on the end. I was really pissed haha
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
I don't think I've got any ship upgrads as that stuff is kinda confusing me lol I'm playing on easy though so I've died very little
Just go up to each member of your team and click investigate than click upgrades.

They will than suggest an upgrade. The big 3 are gun,shield, and armor and you will need to talk to Tali,Garrus and Jacob for those.

Even if you don't have enough to get them right than you can always go in Mordin's room later and get them.

Last edited by Splat : 05-20-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

I'm in the middle of Prototype 2 and I must say... I'm loving it so far.
Not sure if the skill comes later but I miss being able to sling shot myself onto helicopters and then hijacking them.
So far, I can only hijack helicopters that are parked

Old 05-21-2012, 08:52 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Just go up to each member of your team and click investigate than click upgrades.

They will than suggest an upgrade. The big 3 are gun,shield, and armor and you will need to talk to Tali,Garrus and Jacob for those.

Even if you don't have enough to get them right than you can always go in Mordin's room later and get them.
I believe I hav did that as I went to mordin's room and upgrade everything that I could in the computer. I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing but I knew it was postive. I've also upgraded all the squad points. Is there a way to upgrade squad points other then when u choose them for a mission?

I think i'm gonna like ME3 better bc I know more about the game and im not confused about stuff like the galaxy and the special powers.

Last edited by georgiafan : 05-21-2012 at 08:58 AM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:42 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
I believe I hav did that as I went to mordin's room and upgrade everything that I could in the computer.
Well, keep checking Mordin's room from time to time because news things come available when you find things during a mission.

Quote:
Is there a way to upgrade squad points other then when u choose them for a mission?
I don't think so? I know you can before and during a mission, but only the two people you select. I could be wrong, but that is always the way I did it.

Last edited by Splat : 05-21-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:06 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

A solid review from sorcery on IGN with a 7.5

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/21/sorcery-review

Old 05-21-2012, 10:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

It looks decent but I don't have move.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has any one been enjoying MLB 12 the show?I haven't had the money nor time to get the game yet. Also been enjoying Yellowstone National Park as well.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It looks decent but I don't have move.
I think they are going after the Harry Potter crowd. I've used my move more then I thought I would. I got it for christmas for 70$ and that included Tiger Woods. I play it mostly when I have friends over and it also something most girls will like or atleast try. They are a few hardcore games like Heavy Rain and Resistance 3 that I wanna try it with that ive not got around to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Has any one been enjoying MLB 12 the show?I haven't had the money nor time to get the game yet. Also been enjoying Yellowstone National Park as well.
I'm not going to get the show this year as I got it last year and I pretty much only played road to the show and they wasnt a lot of improvements in that area. I don't like playing baseball games as much for ps3 bc you cant play all 162 games so I bought iootp baseball for my ipad for 5$
Old 05-21-2012, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I would probably like Move since I'm a big Wii fan despite the hate it gets. It's just every time I have a little bit of money I just end up getting a game.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:38 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I would probably like Move since I'm a big Wii fan despite the hate it gets. It's just every time I have a little bit of money I just end up getting a game.
If you like the wii then u will move bc its much better then that. Like I said its not something I play by myself but its good to have when friends are over as it appeals to casual gamers. Sports Champions is has like 6 under the rador sports and its dirt cheap like 5$. Even though the concept is very simple when you get to the end of the cup on the hardest level its very very tough.

Whats everyone ps3 id? I dont think i have any of yall on my friends list mine is georgiafan
Old 05-21-2012, 05:35 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I believe I hav did that as I went to mordin's room and upgrade everything that I could in the computer. I wasn't exactly sure what I was doing but I knew it was postive. I've also upgraded all the squad points. Is there a way to upgrade squad points other then when u choose them for a mission?

I think i'm gonna like ME3 better bc I know more about the game and im not confused about stuff like the galaxy and the special powers.
I just recently played through ME2 and am currently in the middle of ME3, and ME3 is a much, much better experience IMO. Everything looks and feels crisper, there are some missions where I actually stopped and was in awe of the backdrop battlefield scenes. It actually feels like you're in the middle of a war. Plus there are way more customization options for weapons and armor. You're probably gonna still feel a little overwhelmed with everything going on in the game because by the time you beat ME2 you feel like you have a pretty good handle on things, then ME3 starts off and there's even more things for you to worry about maintaining lol. I don't wanna spoil anything, but I'll just say **** gets real right out the gates and there's definitely a greater sense of urgency with everything you do.