Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-19-2012, 04:00 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
Way better than people give it credit. Yeah, it lacked Superman beating the crap out of a super villain but it's a damn good character study of Superman and the casting is top notch - with the exception of Kate Bosworth. It's also more faithful to the mythos than I expect Snyder's version will be. In fact, I'd much rather get a sequel to Returns with Superman beating the crap out of a super villain than Snyder rebooting it.
Really? I thought Superman Returns was a terrible, terrible adaption of Superman and his moral code/values. They gave him a son, whom he abandons essentially. That is so a 180 to what Superman stands for. Not to mention he left the Earth with really no explanation at all to the people he chose to protect. Christoper Reeve's Superman would have held a press conference or something.

And Lex Luthor and Superman just really don't have any chemistry at all, unlike in the classic film. Superman barely has any lines actually. We don't get inside his head. His goons stabbing Superman doesn't really have an impact either. Seeing Lex make the same mistakes as he did previously is also a let down. And Lois Lane's article as to "why the world needs Superman"...well that motif only really tells us that we need Superman's powers, not necessarily what he stands for as we see throughout the film.

As a big Superman fan I was very disappointed in the film. It was really a love-letter of a movie to Richard Donner, but it just doesn't work.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:37 AM    (permalink
Ngatachance92
Veteran

Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ngatachance92 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully Battleship is a success. Maybe then they will finally make a big screen adaptation of Monopoly that we can all quit watching halfway through...
Old 05-19-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah returns was a pretty lame movie, it was incredibly boring all the way through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:40 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kevin Spacey is the only reason I finished watching Superman Returns.
Other than that, I found the movie incredibly boring

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully The Man of Steel is a good movie. Nolan is producing it with Goyer writing, so that is a good sign. I like what Snyder did with Watchmen, which stands really good on it's own aside from the source material, although it can be a tad complex for people unfamiliar with the said source material.

Quote:
Old 05-19-2012, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
Hopefully The Man of Steel is a good movie. Nolan is producing it with Goyer writing, so that is a good sign. I like what Snyder did with Watchmen, which stands really good on it's own aside from the source material, although it can be a tad complex for people unfamiliar with the said source material.
Goode and Akerman almost killed it for me, but Jackie Earle Haley is really incredible in it. Like, top five performance in a Superhero movie ever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not enough Batman Forever talk in here.

Seal was the best Batman.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:32 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Batman & Robin >>> The Dark Knight
Old 05-19-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
The Alex
Pro Bowler

The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Alex is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Batman & Robin >>> The Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
I heard that Sylvester Stallone wrote The Expendables with The Alex in mind. He had to keep it realistic though and split The Alex's abilities into multiple characters. Stallone thought that critics would pan it for being too far-fetched if he just had one character effing everyone up.
The end. Cut to black. Audience goes ****ing ape****.
The Alex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Alex View Post
I guess you could say, that's not an ICE thing to say.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-19-2012, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

So Khan is in Star Trek 2. I didn't even know this, and knowing it now, it's quite disappointing. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is a classic film, that really doesn't need to be done again with the neo-cast. If this was something like Batman, where the Joker is essentially a very important part of his mythos, that approach is passable. But with Star Trek, the door is so wide open (especially with the end of the first film), Khan isn't necessary. I think it's going to be another action-packed thrill ride, but that isn't necessarily what Star Trek is all about. I understand getting folks to see a movie, but that just seems lazy to me. They are being too safe with the franchise.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Are you implying that Nicholson in Batman is on the same level as Montaban in Khan? Because that's just a ridiculous notion.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-20-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Are you implying that Nicholson in Batman is on the same level as Montaban in Khan? Because that's just a ridiculous notion.
I meant Batman as a franchise. Not the 1989 film.

Star Trek fans aren't sitting around saying "Man, I hope our favorite villains are in this". That is more in line with superhero films.

Superheroes are a little different. I was saying that villains are a part of superheroes to a much larger extent. This clearly isn't the case with Khan, who doesn't need to be in a Star Trek movie.

Quote:
Old 05-20-2012, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hyde Park on Hudson Bill Murray as FDR

Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:34 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I need help remembering this movie. All I can remember is that there is a trial and that the soldier wielding the M-16 was the one who went missing or something. I also remember one of the witnesses saying he wanted to be a boxer and his nickname would be "night train humphries" or somethng like that. Then he goes and drives into a train head on committing suicide.

Anyone know what movie I'm talking about?

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:00 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I meant Batman as a franchise. Not the 1989 film.

Star Trek fans aren't sitting around saying "Man, I hope our favorite villains are in this". That is more in line with superhero films.

Superheroes are a little different. I was saying that villains are a part of superheroes to a much larger extent. This clearly isn't the case with Khan, who doesn't need to be in a Star Trek movie.
eh, new cast in the beginning of their time as the crew of the Enterprise....we haven't seen Khan except in that one movie and once in the TV show waaaaay back in the 60s. He is such a popular villain that it is fine to do him again. It's not like there isn't a changed timeline/alternate universe thing going on too in this Star Trek, so they can pretty much do what they want.
Old 05-21-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Finally saw The Avengers last week. Was freaking great movie!Pretty had to drag the gf to see though. I can't wait for the second.
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That looks pretty incredible for a teaser trailer. Hopefully its more like Casino Royale which is still one of my favorite action movies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:03 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Finally saw The Avengers last week. Was freaking great movie!Pretty had to drag the gf to see though. I can't wait for the second.
Pretty much the same for me. My wife wasn't really a fan of any of the movies leading up to it but she said the Avengers was very good. I liked it as well. The beginning, where they are assembling the entire team is a bit slow and kind of drags on. But other than that, it's a fine movie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
eh, new cast in the beginning of their time as the crew of the Enterprise....we haven't seen Khan except in that one movie and once in the TV show waaaaay back in the 60s. He is such a popular villain that it is fine to do him again. It's not like there isn't a changed timeline/alternate universe thing going on too in this Star Trek, so they can pretty much do what they want.
I just think it's lazy. Really, they have to have Khan to get people to see the film? Khan has already been done in a fantastic movie before. He's not necessary. I feel the same way about Zod in the upcoming Superman film. We'll see how they both turn out.

Quote:
Old 05-21-2012, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Your movie of 2012...

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-21-2012, 05:06 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Khan is in Star Trek 2. I didn't even know this, and knowing it now, it's quite disappointing. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan is a classic film, that really doesn't need to be done again with the neo-cast. If this was something like Batman, where the Joker is essentially a very important part of his mythos, that approach is passable. But with Star Trek, the door is so wide open (especially with the end of the first film), Khan isn't necessary. I think it's going to be another action-packed thrill ride, but that isn't necessarily what Star Trek is all about. I understand getting folks to see a movie, but that just seems lazy to me. They are being too safe with the franchise.
So, not knowing a whole lot about the Star Trek universe, when they announced Cumberbatch as the main villain, I wet myself. He is just too awesome for the story/villain to flop.

I'm not sure how they will have him represent Kahn (if all is true), but I'm guessing it won't be like Kahn of old. It will probably be a lot darker and maybe set up the whole Kirk/Kahn relationship. It really does feel like they are going for the whole "Batman Begins" style reboot, which would be awesome if they can pull it off.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Avengers held up during my second viewing of it. Hot damn, Prometheus does look awesome. Idris Elba >>>
Old 05-21-2012, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Avengers again. Maybe this weekend. I loved it on the first go 'round

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote