Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-19-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
I just wanted to expand on this a bit because gsorace's line of thought is just so terrible.

Yes, people figured out the best builds for D2. After lots and lots of theory crafting and play-testing, the best builds for each class were discovered. And if you're lazy and just look to the internet to tell you how to play a game, then you used those "class best" builds.

For people who actually had to theory craft (and enjoy doing so - like myself) and test a bunch of different builds and ways to play a class, D3 ******* sucks. It took all of that away.

So if you're a drone who just uses the class that the internet tells you to, you're good with D3 because they took out the step where you have to wait for everyone else to do the work to find the best class out and you can just play without "fear" of "screwing up" your build. When the potential to screw up a build was 99% of the fun with characters in D1 & D2. I had like 3 different Barbarians in D2. You know how many of any class I'll have in D3? 1. Because there's no point in having any more than that.

It's like defending a game that just runs through the entire game for you straight to the end "because people just look at the strategy guide anyway."

And the whole "well you still have to pick the right skills to use later" is bunk because you still had to do that with D2 skill trees. So... how is D3 NOT dumbed down?
I mean, that's fine, but I'm pretty sure not everyone felt that way. Like I personally never had more than one type of character. And I personally don't find screwing up a build to be very fun after I've put a crap load of work into it.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:19 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
I mean, that's fine, but I'm pretty sure not everyone felt that way. Like I personally never had more than one type of character. And I personally don't find screwing up a build to be very fun after I've put a crap load of work into it.
So that's when you look to the internet for advice. I, for one, just like playing the game. If I screw up the build, it's fun because it's more difficult. I prefer games where I can lose if I don't use my head.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:25 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whats your Blizz tag buddy!?
Old 05-19-2012, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So that's when you look to the internet for advice. I, for one, just like playing the game. If I screw up the build, it's fun because it's more difficult. I prefer games where I can lose if I don't use my head.
No, I never looked to the internet for advice. I still did my own thing, which made it upsetting when I did make a mistake and was unable to change it.

I mean, I don't know about you, but the reason I played Diablo II was because of the loot system. At the end of the day the loot you had played just as much of a factor in the success of a character as the skills and stats you chose.

Oh and Cain, my battletag is: forenci#1336
Old 05-19-2012, 03:18 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Forenci is just a giant Blizzard fanboi!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:02 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Forenci is just a giant Blizzard fanboi!
Hahaha. Far from it. You should know that.

I've always felt WoW is a piece of **** game.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:09 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
That isn't the tag I guess? I am not used to Blizzards new system yet.
oh i don't know my 4 digit number off hand need to look it up once i get home

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 04:57 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will say this... I am not all that far in D3 but I am having fun. Idk how I feel about the skill system yet.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
No, I never looked to the internet for advice. I still did my own thing, which made it upsetting when I did make a mistake and was unable to change it.

I mean, I don't know about you, but the reason I played Diablo II was because of the loot system. At the end of the day the loot you had played just as much of a factor in the success of a character as the skills and stats you chose.

I played Diablo 2 for all of the things.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:58 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I will say this... I am not all that far in D3 but I am having fun. Idk how I feel about the skill system yet.
It's still a fun game, I just really dislike the changes they made. It's worse than what they did to Mass Effect and probably on-par with Dragon Age 2 (compared to DAO).
Old 05-20-2012, 09:37 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:

I added you! Waiting on Bantx now
Old 05-20-2012, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I end up buying D3 I'll let you guys know. I was f'ing ridiculous at D2 but it consumed so much of my time.
Old 05-20-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
It's still a fun game, I just really dislike the changes they made. It's worse than what they did to Mass Effect and probably on-par with Dragon Age 2 (compared to DAO).
I agree Dragon Age 2 was horrendously brutalized. I don't think it's close to that, personally. I feel like Mass Effect didn't change too much, honestly. I feel that's the direction they wanted to go with the game all along, to make it more of a shooter and less of an RPG.

I don't agree with it, personally, but I still enjoyed the games.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:34 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

I just had a nerdgasm when the act 2 cut scene rolled.
Old 05-20-2012, 07:45 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I know I'm probably half a decade late... but I've been giving League of Legends a good run of late and I'm really enjoying it.

I'd say for someone who has only played a dozen or so games that I'm going alright though obviously at this point I'm just beating up on the noobs out there who haven't got quite the RTS pedigree that I sport and soon I'll hit a point where I'm up against people who actually know what they are really doing!

Been playing Miss Fortune so far who if the team protects and let me farm some coin is just about unstoppable late game but god she is squishy!

Anyone else still playing?

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:45 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did I seriously read, "The potential to screw up a build was 99% of the fun of the characters(in diablo)?" LOL WHAT?

CptProton#1573, a lvl57 barb is really my only character atm. If anyone wants to run hell mode, soon to be inferno, add me.

Cow Level >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Whimseyshire :-/

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 05-20-2012 at 08:49 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrk View Post
Did I seriously read, "The potential to screw up a build was 99% of the fun of the characters(in diablo)?" LOL WHAT?

CptProton#1573, a lvl57 barb is really my only character atm. If anyone wants to run hell mode, soon to be inferno, add me.

Cow Level >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Whimseyshire :-/
To be honest it was a lot of the fun in the game. Building a character until you could perfect it was awesome. It separated the noobs and the experienced players.
Old 05-20-2012, 09:27 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Half the fun of playing a sorceress way back in the day was staying alive until you hit level 18 and actually got a skill worth putting more than one point into it, back in the frozen orb/glacial spike days. I can remember farming mobs for ages out in the desert just so I could get GS before the maggot lair and arcane sanctuary.

Playing glass cannon's was fun. Still remember the day I lost my level 74 sorc because I was a ****** in against those god damn little blowpipe imps in Act 3...

So does D3 have hardcore mode still or what?

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 05-20-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
nrk
Pro Bowler

nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
To be honest it was a lot of the fun in the game. Building a character until you could perfect it was awesome. It separated the noobs and the experienced players.
Meh, I found playing the classes was more fun than trying to find the right build. When I look at reasons why I like the Diablo franchise, trying to perfect a build isn't high up on my list at all. Customization is cool, don't get me wrong, and D3 has still has plenty of it thankfully. Restarting your character because your build wasn't as good as you thought or just because you want something else doesn't separate the experienced players from the "noobs". It's just tedious and requires time. Nothing skillful about it at all.

Yes wogitalia, there is still hardcore mode with its own achievements.

Sig by Hitman D.

Last edited by nrk : 05-20-2012 at 10:41 PM.
nrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:07 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i caved in and got D3 prob won't play until i build my pc though my laptop might not be able to handle it

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:25 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

I might have to pick it up then :)

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 05-20-2012, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone been playing Day Z, the Arma 2 mod?

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 12:13 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I just had a nerdgasm when the act 2 cut scene rolled.
Yeah, that one was pretty good.

The opening and class-specific cinematics weren't very worthwhile, but that one was really good.
Old 05-21-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
No but I really want to, haha. It looks quite baller. Do you have it?
Old 05-21-2012, 01:27 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
my friend showed me this the other day and i really want to play it if you have it fill us in looks fun