Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Who will win the NBA Championship in 2013?
Miami Heat 15 26.79%
Miami Heat 3 5.36%
Miami Heat 31 55.36%
Miami Heat 6 10.71%
Miami Heat 1 1.79%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2012, 06:28 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's one of the things I hate about being a Lakers fan.

LA is one of the golden children of the NBA so we'll get calls and stuff, just makes people hate the Lakers even more.

But, wouldn't make sense for me to root for anyone else and I don't bandwagon or jump ships so, I'm stuck a Lakers fan for better or for worse lol

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 06:29 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And by calls and stuff, you mean the refs will single handedly change the tide of a game with their officiating in favor of the Lakers. I'm surprised that the Thunder were even able to keep so close yesterday with just about everything going against them.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Exactly that. Why I don't really get too involved with basketball.

The Lakers are the team I root for and even while I'm aware the NBA will suck their dick just like they will for Boston, it pisses me off when people talk **** about the Lakers.

So to avoid all this, I just give basketball a backseat to a few other things.

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 05-19-2012, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Kings/Lakers Game 6.

Bulls/Pacers Game 7 (when Jordan just drove to the hoop and got fouled every play for the 4th quarter)

Knicks/Bulls game 6 when Charles Smith was raped under the hoop and nothing was called.

I can go on and on. It's pathetic how bad it has been, and he's like untouchable. It's ilke the media is afraid to call him out on it.

Seems like you forgot one that helped your team.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://deadspin.com/5567321/tim-dona...ences-a-series

the clips piss me off.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:01 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Kobe was literally untouchable. If you got within a five foot radius of him, it was a foul. He shot 18 free throws (LAL-42, OKC-28) despite shooting like **** again and he kept the Lakers in the game long enough to seal the win. Durant got mugged under the rim when they were down one and nothing got called either. It was just horribly officiated. They blew the whistle late in the fourth on any little foul against OKC.
I was going to ask that yesterday since I was unfortunately unable to watch the game. Saw his 18 fts and was thinking... this isn't how I wanted to win the game (if in fact the calls were dubious).
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 07:06 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The question though is if Miami gets bounced by Indiana... why? wouldn't it be in the NBA's best interest to have them make the finals?
Old 05-19-2012, 08:12 PM    (permalink
ShutDwn
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ShutDwn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kobe was literally untouchable. If you got within a five foot radius of him, it was a foul. He shot 18 free throws (LAL-42, OKC-28) despite shooting like **** again and he kept the Lakers in the game long enough to seal the win. Durant got mugged under the rim when they were down one and nothing got called either. It was just horribly officiated. They blew the whistle late in the fourth on any little foul against OKC.
I thought Harden actually did a fantastic job on Kobe and was getting hosed with some superstar crap from the refs. One block on a jumper was clean, the other foul on a jumper was pathetic. Then you add cheap fouls when they were fighting for position. They showed Kobe's highlights as if he had played well at all, but he shot 9/25 but made 18 freethrows.

The thunder need to stop Westbrook from taking those threes. They could have wrapped the series up tonight.

All this just makes me more worried the refs will favor the heat tremendously tomorrow.
ShutDwn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:00 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That off the ball "foul" against Harden was absolute horse ****.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:14 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post

Seems like you forgot one that helped your team.
No I didn't. I acknowledge that we get calls too being a big market. Dick (Knick) Bavetta is my boy. He's the closer whenever we need him. Stern sends him our way.

But Stern does what he feels is in the best interest of the league. Every Knicks/Bulls series in the 90s, they got all the calls bc of Jordan. So we've gotten both ends of it.

Side note: The 4 point play was the greatest moment for me personally as a Knick fan. That's my #1 greatest Knick moment of my lifetime. I miss those Knick teams, they played tough defense, played with heart, and played as a team. I miss that.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Speaking of horse ****, Bynum double dribbled and Kobe was "fouled" without even being touched.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy Kevin Durant.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:02 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

kevin ******* durant hookem

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:03 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hook 'em!!!!
Old 05-20-2012, 12:05 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ha ha ha, suck it metta world fail...
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:06 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woooooo!!! Okc!!!!!
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

wooo sah...

Last edited by soybean : 05-20-2012 at 12:51 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 12:11 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think someone is a little upset

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
yeah... im sure there's like some conspiracy against the Thunder or something.

dude, shut the f*** up.

and yes, I'm mad.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:25 AM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could it be some Jimmies are being rustled?
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:42 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Man...I'm starting to hate basketball so much lol

Lakers fns are a bunch of bandwagon stupid dumbass fickle *****

and Laker haters are a bunch of condescending pricks

Lose-Lose

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-20-2012, 12:54 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post

Lose-Lose
totally feel ya.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 12:57 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Lose-Lose
Solution?

Join the Toronto Raptors fanbase with me.
Old 05-20-2012, 01:22 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
Solution?

Join the Toronto Raptors fanbase with me.
you like the raptors? lol

Think from now on I will cheer for players I like in the playoffs lol

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
Old 05-20-2012, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
you like the raptors? lol

Think from now on I will cheer for players I like in the playoffs lol
Jonas Valanciunas, best player in the NBA in two years. Bank it.