Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

View Poll Results: What did you think of the Bruce Irvin pick?
Bad pick because there were MANY better players, including pass rushers, on the board. 32 28.57%
Bad pick because of his character red flags. He'll do something stupid. 5 4.46%
Bad pick because he's simply not that good/a development project. 6 5.36%
Bad pick because he's developmental AND has character issues. Too risky. He'll flame out. 26 23.21%
Good pick, but one or two other DEs would have been better. 21 18.75%
Great pick, best pass rusher. NFL knew, media didn't. Perfect fit. He'll prove 'em all wrong. 22 19.64%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-20-2012, 04:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
Wow you sleep on Coples. I get that he's more complete/we rounded than those guys so no one calls him a pure pass rusher, but of the guys who can rush the passer he's probably the most talented of them all. He also happens to be the biggest, most productive, and most well rounded of the bunch.

I loved the Coples pick on draft night and the further away we are from the draft the more I like it. I consider it a gift from Pete Carroll to the Jets, making up for Mark Sanchez.

I like all those guys some, and I think Mercilus ended up with a coach who will really play him to his strengths. Jokes might be alright with Wilfork doing HOF level grunt work for him. Curry is easy to like and root for, and Branch has talents.

I think the Seahawks will fine with Irvin. They have a player like him already and have showed they know how to use that player. I can live with that turning out fine since the Jets got who they wanted. I don't see him as Ware 2.0 or anything, though he could be heck for passers.

Give me a choice of all of last years DEs and I take Coples first ten out of ten times.
I wasn't a big Coples fan to be honest. I liked his size, but he really turned me off with his senior season tape. And I don't think he's all that fast. It's also a curious fit for the Jets 3-4 defense, his best fit is as a pass rusher inside on a 4 man line, like how Tuck lines up inside on 3rd down.

But as a base 3-4 DE, I think he's a little light, and he's not a dominant edge guy either.

I thought Mercilus or Branch would have been perfect for the Jets.