Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-21-2012, 04:42 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post

Whats everyone ps3 id? I dont think i have any of yall on my friends list mine is georgiafan
Mine is ackNalej

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Whats everyone ps3 id? I dont think i have any of yall on my friends list mine is georgiafan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Mine is ackNalej
Mine is Splathew but I rarely play games online.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:16 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So i tried online for Uncharted 3 the first time last night for this game and it was awful as my plan was just to play a quick match of co-op and competive. All 7-8 of my games couldnt finish for people leaving in the middle of the game. Is that always the case or did I just have bad luck?

So I started the SP for the 2nd time and I'm still just blown away. I decided to do something rarely ever do and collect all 100 tresures. It's take it long bc I have to use the guide to know where they are at. I got all the way to chapter 8 I just couldn't put it down. I may even try to get 100% of trophies by the time I get all the treasures and finish off the 30 kills per gun. I had forgot just how great the chapter is where the place is on fire.

Last edited by georgiafan : 05-23-2012 at 07:30 AM.
georgiafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So i tried online for Uncharted 3 the first time last night for this game and it was awful as my plan was just to play a quick match of co-op and competive. All 7-8 of my games couldnt finish for people leaving in the middle of the game. Is that always the case or did I just have bad luck?

So I started the SP for the 2nd time and I'm still just blown away. I decided to do something rarely ever do and collect all 100 tresures. It's take it long bc I have to use the guide to know where they are at. I got all the way to chapter 8 I just couldn't put it down. I may even try to get 100% of trophies by the time I get all the treasures and finish off the 30 kills per gun. I had forgot just how great the chapter is where the place is on fire.
I haven't played the 3rd Uncharted yet, but I'm a sucker for treasures in games.

I have all of them in the first two games, and I'm sure I will go for all of them in the 3rd one as well.

I'm just going to wait for the GOTY edition of Uncharted 3, since I have all ready waited this long.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:03 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I haven't played the 3rd Uncharted yet, but I'm a sucker for treasures in games.

I have all of them in the first two games, and I'm sure I will go for all of them in the 3rd one as well.

I'm just going to wait for the GOTY edition of Uncharted 3, since I have all ready waited this long.
I never tried to get the treasures in the first two for whatever just got the ones that I saw on my way. But when I started my 2nd time through I was able to carry over the 27 I found the first time and If I miss any I can carry go back and get them with chapters.

I know the GOTY has been annouced but I havent heard a relase date. UC2 was my fav non sports game ever and this one beats it easy for me. Everything is there from story to amazing graphics and over the top scenes. I didn't think they could top the 2nd one but they did.
Old 05-24-2012, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Got all the trophies for Mass Effect 2. :)
Old 05-24-2012, 05:50 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm debating on what franchise I want to start next after I finish UC3. I was thinking either getting back into the Metal Gear series or Assassin's Creed. I've played through MGS1&2 a bunch of times and they're easily 2 of my favorite games, especially MGS2, but it's been so long that I'd probably buy the HD Collection bundle and start over to refresh my memory. Never touched any of the AC games but have heard good things.

Anybody feel strongly about either series and want to help me decide?

Last edited by TheFinisher : 05-24-2012 at 05:57 PM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would go buy the MGS:HD collection my self. its a great pick up . Well worth the 40 bucks.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

This makes me sad. :( Being a huge Kingdoms of Amalur fan.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/05/...f-entire-staff

Quote:
Following recent financial problems, the entire staff of 38 Studios has been laid off and Big Huge Games has been closed.

Kotaku broke the news that layoffs were happening at Big Huge Games earlier today followed by a report from The Verge that 38 Studios has let go its entire staff. Now, WPRI in Rhode Island has confirmed the layoffs.

In a press conference this afternoon, Rhode Island governor Lincoln Chafee said that the studio needed to sell three million copies of Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning in order to break even, but the game ultimately sold 1.2 million. "The game failed," he added.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:13 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I would go buy the MGS:HD collection my self. its a great pick up . Well worth the 40 bucks.
I actually have gone in a total 180 and am leaning towards buying the Sly Cooper HD collection. I enjoy a good platformer once in a while to break things up, keeps me connected with my inner child-gamer haha. Mass Effect and Uncharted have kind of zapped me on big storylines for the moment, Metal Gear will have to wait a few weeks.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Amazon has the Sly Collection for $25. I don't have it yet but plan to get it one of these days.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Old 05-25-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Amazon has the Sly Collection for $25. I don't have it yet but plan to get it one of these days.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=507846
Yea it's a great deal, Playstation store has it for $29.99 where you can just download it to your hardrive. I'll probably go that route, I prefer to buy hard copies but for a remastered bundle pack it really makes no difference to me.

If I DL it through Playstation Network are there any real risks of the file getting corrupted or are those DLs pretty much safe? I'm a noob when it comes to DLing full games, Sly would be my first.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
Yea it's a great deal, Playstation store has it for $29.99 where you can just download it to your hardrive. I'll probably go that route, I prefer to buy hard copies but for a remastered bundle pack it really makes no difference to me.

If I DL it through Playstation Network are there any real risks of the file getting corrupted or are those DLs pretty much safe? I'm a noob when it comes to DLing full games, Sly would be my first.
Nah, once you pay for it, it's good. It's all on your PSN account, so if you end up needing to get a new PS3, you'll just have to re-download the game.
Old 05-25-2012, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFinisher View Post
I have Infamous,Mass Effect 2,Red Dead Redemption and DCUO all downloaded and never had a problem.

The only real downside is how long it takes to download. I would recommend using the Download in Background feature and then finding something else to do for awhile.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:05 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Nah, once you pay for it, it's good. It's all on your PSN account, so if you end up needing to get a new PS3, you'll just have to re-download the game.
Ok cool, that was really my only worry. Thanks.

Quote:
I have Infamous,Mass Effect 2,Red Dead Redemption and DCUO all downloaded and never had a problem.

The only real downside is how long it takes to download. I would recommend using the Download in Background feature and then finding something else to do for awhile.
I was attempting to download the demo for Infamous today and I had to cancel it about 5 mins in with 3% completed lol. I can only imagine how long a full game will take.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Ya, it's pretty ridiculous. I normally just start it before I go to bed and let it go all night.

There is also an option in your settings for the PS3 to shut off after like two hours if you don't do anything, make sure that is turned off.

I found out the hard way...

Last edited by Splat : 05-25-2012 at 08:16 PM.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Ya, it's pretty ridiculous. I normally just start it before I go to bed and let it go all night.

There is also an option in your settings for the PS3 to two shut off after like two hours if you don't do anything, make sure that is turned off.

I found out the hard way...
I need to check that out, I've left it running all day a couple times while I was at work. Better to be safe than sorry.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Amazon has Mass Effect 3 on sale for $30 and I had a $5 credit so just ordered it. :)
Old 05-26-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Amazon has Mass Effect 3 on sale for $30 and I had a $5 credit so just ordered it. :)
Is ME 3 worth buying if I haven't played ME 2?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
To be honest I enjoyed Mass Effect 2 substantially more.
Old 05-26-2012, 10:08 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
ME 2 is awesome get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Jones View Post
To be honest I enjoyed Mass Effect 2 substantially more.
I have heard this from other people, but enjoyed ME 2 way to much not to get the 3rd one.
Old 05-26-2012, 11:15 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I would highly recommend playing ME2 before you played ME3. The franchise is very story driven, plus you can import your character from ME2 into ME3. All your stats and the effects of your decisions carry over and help shape the story.

Plus you can pick up a copy of ME2 for around 15 bucks now.
Old 05-26-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Bolt
Rookie

Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bolt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Borderlands worth it for 10 bucks or so? Or should I spend more and go a different route
Bolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 09:01 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

You should start with me2 is cheap and great value like finisher said
Old 05-27-2012, 09:35 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolt View Post
Is Borderlands worth it for 10 bucks or so? Or should I spend more and go a different route
I play Borderlands on PC. I really like it for PC, but I don't know if I would play it on PS3.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote