Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > San Francisco 49ers Team Forum

San Francisco 49ers Team Forum Discuss the 49ers

Old 05-20-2012, 11:53 AM    (permalink
H.O.O.D
Veteran

H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.H.O.O.D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post
Perhaps. Enter Colin Kaepernick. That was the plan.

But just imagine... just imagine, if Smith is just now scratching the surface of his potential. A full offseason of making himself better, instead of learning a new playbook.
You didn't hear ? Jim completely overhauled the playbook due to Smith urging...he feels more comfortable learning a new offense each and every year.

Ok Ok I keed. It's quite refreshing to know that our offense is not going to be learning another new playbook and probably what excites me most about this year for us.
Old 05-21-2012, 10:23 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I normally I dont put too much emphasis on what PFF says except when it comes to grading out O-Lineman and D-Lineman. Most knowledagable NFL fans know we have two stud ILBs but the guy opposite Cowboy doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves. Ray Mac is a beast in his own right and I'm glad PFF showed him some love.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...efensive-ends/
VAfy-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 11:14 AM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VAfy-ya is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And some props for All Done as well.....

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blo...e-linebackers/
Old 05-22-2012, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seachickens acquired Kellen Winslow from Bucs for a late round pick next year. He was apparently available as the new coaching staff in TB didn't like that he wasn't working out with the team. I was surprised to read that Winslow only has 23 TDs in his career, after being such a high draft pick. Not major divisional news IMO but it's that time of year.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:50 AM    (permalink
farfromforgotten
Veteran

farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.farfromforgotten is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He can't block. Knees are almost done, from reports. Bucs would have just released him, but I guess Seattle wanted him bad enough to send a pick.
farfromforgotten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 12:05 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Carlson and Zach Miller both were non-factors under Pete Carroll. K2 being any different would surprise me.
Old 05-22-2012, 01:04 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
John Carlson and Zach Miller both were non-factors under Pete Carroll. K2 being any different would surprise me.
I wouldnt be so quick to dismiss it. Now with Flynn and Wilson they have QBs who should be able to utlize the TE position. Not that Winslow is some big time threat these days. But he will help out that offense just being a guy who moves the chains and works underneath. Not sure he he was worth a draft choice, as he was going to be cut anyway but I guess they were not sure they could lure him there otherwise.
Old 05-22-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

and this game STILL pisses me off.....no way we should have lost

Old 05-22-2012, 02:57 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAfy-ya View Post

Look at the deep pass Alex threw to Ginn around the 5 minute mark. He was under pressure and it was still accurate. If Ginn had caught that it was a TD. It wasn't the first time Ginn missed a deep Alex pass, i think he missed a well thrown deep ball in the Lions game too.

And of course, as Ginn pisses me off as a WR, he makes a great return a few plays later in the Cards game. If he only was more consistent as a WR...
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If our offense wasn't garbage, more specifically our passing attack, we wouldn't have.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.

Last edited by Ness : 05-22-2012 at 03:34 PM.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:29 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we PLEASE extend this man???

and to think most DCers don't include him in their top safeties lists.
Old 05-22-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Goldson has had two very good seasons sanwiched between a very medicore one. Though I give him a pass on 2010 because he played most of the year hurt alot of our own fans hold it against him and still say absurd **** like he'd doesn't have the range to be a FS and he's really a SS. He still whiffs on way too many tackles but he should be extended and should be mentioned as one of the better FS in the league. But as much as I like Goldson, Whitner is the glue to our back-end. I think we could function without Goldson the way the rest of the secondary is looking. But without Whitner I think the back-end would fall apart. He does so much and is so stout at the little things it allows everyone else around him(Goldson and Rogers specifically) to make plays.

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 05-22-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:03 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Goldson has had two very good seasons sanwiched between a very medicore one. Though I give him a pass on 2010 because he played most of the year hurt alot of our own fans hold it against him and still say absurd **** like he'd doesn't have the range to be a FS and he's really a SS. He still whiffs on way too many tackles but he should be extended and should be mentioned as one of the better FS in the league. But as much as I like Goldson, Whitner is the glue to our back-end. I think we could function without Goldson the way the rest of the secondary is looking. But without Whitner I think the back-end would fall apart. He does so much and is so stout at the little things it allows everyone else around him(Goldson and Rogers specifically) to make plays.
Agree on Whitner, plus we all know how Goldson wanted a big deal last offseason, he probably wants an even bigger deal after his PB year. I don't think we could afford 2 high priced safeties and i'd rather keep Whitner than Goldson if it came down to it.

I'd say 5/25 or 5/30 is a fair deal, but i suspect he's looking for Eric Weddle type money. If that's the case, he'll be a FA in 1 year.
Old 05-22-2012, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Madirishman
Pro Bowler

Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Madirishman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I was there and so was Hawkeye. It was embarrassing to not pull out a W when the Cards had basically rolled over and were ready to take it. We had already clinched the division, which helped ease a little of the pain.

Three NFC Conference Championship appearances in Harbaugh's First 3 Years
Operation 2014 Super Bowl Champions: In Progress with an amazing looking Draft class

"He who thinks he knows it all has the most to learn"
Madirishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:43 PM    (permalink
49erNation85
All-Pro

49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49erNation85 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any word on how our rookie players are doing this year so far ?
49erNation85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
Any word on how our rookie players are doing this year so far ?
Not really. OTA's will be covered by the media tomorrow, so check back then. I'm sure there will be some reports.
Old 05-23-2012, 02:07 AM    (permalink
edgrenade
Veteran

edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.edgrenade is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone checked out the OTA pics? I'm kind of a nerd when it comes to players gear, and I noticed a lot of the players switched to better helmets this year. A lot switched to the latest Riddell 360 and the Rawlings helmets. These are the only 2 helmets with 5 star ratings. This should, in theory, decrease some of the players' concussions.

Also I noticed that the team is still wearing their Reebok pants with their new Nike jerseys. I wonder if that's because Nike has yet to make all the teams' pants yet?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:27 PM    (permalink
dan77733
All-Pro

dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dan77733 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed P Andy Lee to a six year contract extension. Nice!!! :)
dan77733 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:38 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Wasn't today supposed to be open media? I haven't heard any reports on OTA's. They're only reporting what Harbaugh is saying in the press conference. No practice reports on who's doing well and who isn't.

Also heard Harbaugh say Boone is doing well at the RG spot, but he's never badmouthed a player in public, except for saying his "rookies need to get into shape". I'd personally prefer it if Kilgore could take the C job, and Looney the RG job. Boone swing backup.

Last edited by 49ersfan_87 : 05-23-2012 at 07:43 PM.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:23 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Wasn't today supposed to be open media? I haven't heard any reports on OTA's. They're only reporting what Harbaugh is saying in the press conference. No practice reports on who's doing well and who isn't.

Also heard Harbaugh say Boone is doing well at the RG spot, but he's never badmouthed a player in public, except for saying his "rookies need to get into shape". I'd personally prefer it if Kilgore could take the C job, and Looney the RG job. Boone swing backup.
Actually he said Boone was doing a "phenomal" job. That's more than just doing well. We'll see how he holds up when the pads go on. I still have my reservations about him at RG. As far as how guys look, here's a few tidbits...

Quote:

-The Randy Moss-Alex Smith chemistry is on. The two connected often in team drills. “He’s just so easy to throw to,” Smith said. He also called Moss “incredibly smart.”

-Tight end Delanie Walker went down in the middle of practice and stayed on the ground for several moments while athletic trainers tended to his left knee. Walker never left the field, however, and watched the rest of practice with an ice bag on the area. He said he’s fine and hopes to practice tomorrow.

-Coach Jim Harbaugh noted that Kyle Williams is still the backup to Ted Ginn Jr as a returner. Williams looked devastatingly quick returning kickoffs on Wednesday. Ginn was at practice but he did not take part. Harbaugh declined to discuss Ginn’s injury.

-Wide receiver Michael Crabtree also looks good and Smith threw him plenty of passes. Smith said Crabtree is running as well as he’s ever seen him. Because of a contract holdout, the lockout and assorted injuries, this is the first significant off-season time Crabtree and Smith have spent together.

-Harbaugh said on KNBR Friday that Michael Crabtree had the best hands he had ever seen and he wasn’t backing down from that comment. “The comment stands on its own merit,” Harbaugh insisted. “I know you guys have dissected it about every which way it could be dissected, but it is literal fact, as I see it, and believe it to be.”

-In one-on-one drills, cornerback Tarell Brown made a nice interception.

-Rookie wide receiver A.J. Jenkins struggled. He had a tough time catching the ball cleanly and he dropped a lateral.

-Second-year player Mike Person looked terrific in a drill testing the ability to handle the stunt. Person could be the team’s swing tackle if Alex Boone succeeds as the starting left guard
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/05...ring-practice/
Old 05-23-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Actually he said Boone was doing a "phenomal" job. That's more than just doing well. We'll see how he holds up when the pads go on. I still have my reservations about him at RG. As far as how guys look, here's a few tidbits...

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/05...ring-practice/
Thank you for this link! If we can have a report from Lynch, i don't know why Maiocco, Barrows, etc, don't have their own reports up. Positive reports all around, except for Jenkins. Hope he can pick it up soon.
Old 05-24-2012, 12:09 AM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
Thank you for this link! If we can have a report from Lynch, i don't know why Maiocco, Barrows, etc, don't have their own reports up. Positive reports all around, except for Jenkins. Hope he can pick it up soon.
I absolutely LOVE that if things go well, Jenkins can grow into a pro. Crabs, Manningham, Moss... if they all step up, there will be little pressure on a rookie.
Old 05-24-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I absolutely LOVE that if things go well, Jenkins can grow into a pro. Crabs, Manningham, Moss... if they all step up, there will be little pressure on a rookie.
I'd add K10 to that list too. Alot ppl forget that last year was esentially his rookie year because he was hurt most of his first year after the ankle injury in the first preseason game. One of the beat writers mentioned how he noticed how much he bulked up but still looked as quick and elusive as ever. And I love that Harbaugh came out and said he was still the #2 returner and how the staff was confident in his ability. I know most Niner fans will never forgive him for the NFCCG. That's their prerogative. But the kid has a ton of ability and is still young. If he can improve his route running, he will be weapon for us. I have no doubts about Jenkins, he will be very good down the road. But I can't remember a time when we DIDN'T need immediate contributions out of our #1 pick. Thats how you can tell this roster is loaded with talent and this organization is right where its needs to be in terms of using the draft to develop talent, not necessarily plug and play. I think you can get burned, more often than not looking to rookies for immediate contributions. Certain positions, more so than others.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:15 PM    (permalink
VAfy-ya
Pro Bowler

More info from OTAs.....

Quote:
Odds & Ends

• The quarterbacks also rotated throughout the team drills. Alex Smith always was the first quarterback to throw, but Colin Kaepernick, Josh Johnson and Tolzien all had chances to throw behind the No. 1 offensive line.

• With Ted Ginn out with an undisclosed injury, kick returns fell to, in order, Kyle Williams, Kendall Hunter, Chris Culliver and Cox

• Undrafted free agent Michael Thomas got his hand on two passes during 7-on-7 drills and intercepted one of them. Thomas (5-9, 185 pounds) was playing safety in those drills but also took some snaps during team drills at cornerback.

• A.J. Jenkins had a mixed practice, including a dropped end-around attempt.

• Michael Crabtree looked smooth and fluid. He caught the longest pass of the afternoon from Kaepernick over undrafted rookie Anthony Mosely. Crabtree later caught a pass on an intermediate crossing route from Alex Smith.

• Keeping in mind that it's only May, Randy Moss has the look of a No. 1 receiver. He's a big target and was the most popular one for the quarterbacks on Wednesday.

• Draft pick Cam Johnson was lining up at ROLB with the third-team defense; undrafted rookie Courtnei Brown was at LOLB.
http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archiv...-the-left.html

And also a great interview with Alex by Cam Inman. Alot of informative stuff about Alex and QBs in general.
http://blogs.mercurynews.com/49ers/2...rs+Hot+Read%29

Last edited by VAfy-ya : 05-24-2012 at 02:32 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Ness
Legend

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad to hear Moss is looking like a true number one. And I'm also glad to hear Crabtree is getting his act together. We'll see if this positive outlook heads into July.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote