Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-20-2012, 12:10 AM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Does every team have a QB with serious neck issues?
This is something that I've been meaning to touch on for a while: as a Packer fan, I'm in constant fear that Rodgers is going to bump his head one or two more times and decide to retire. He already made some subtle comments to indicate that he's going to retire before his mid-30s, even before the concussions came into play. He made less subtle comments after concussions became an issue.
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 02:35 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am obviously biased but I doubt the Vikings will pick earlier than 7. I envision 5-6 wins.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 09:59 AM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Linebacker View Post
Wadsworth, don't worry about it. No need to defend the Jags. People who aren't fans of the Jags don't know anything about them. The Jags will get around 7 to 9 wins next year. The season hinges on Gabbert and with a whole new offensive coaching staff focused on him, improvement will happen.
I am not worried at all. One of the great things about sports is that when all the talking is done it gets settled on the field. I am confident that in 2012 the Jaguars are going to surprise a lot of people that have not been paying much attention.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:47 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Cleveland Browns
2. Indianapolis Colts
3. Jacksonville Jaguars
4. Minnesota Vikings
5. Arizona Cardinals

Dolphins Dream Draft: 1. C.J. Mosley 2. Kelvin Benjamin 3. Ja'Wuan James 4. Brandon Thomas 5. Xavier Grimble 6. Tyler Gaffney 7. Ross Cockrell
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:52 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Browns were #4 without an offense last year, hopefully the addition of Weeden Richardson and another year in the system will make us a bit better, who the **** knows though.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Browns were #4 without an offense last year, hopefully the addition of Weeden Richardson and another year in the system will make us a bit better, who the **** knows though.
Being better doesn't always equal more wins though.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:29 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane P. Hallam View Post
Nah, I wouldn't be surprised if we were top 5 again, I just think we will be a bit better this year, that's all.

Really hoping Weeden steps up and makes our receiving corps a bit better, and the addition of Richardson should add a lot.

Tough division, good chance of being top 5 pick again.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 10:49 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Nah, I wouldn't be surprised if we were top 5 again, I just think we will be a bit better this year, that's all.

Really hoping Weeden steps up and makes our receiving corps a bit better, and the addition of Richardson should add a lot.

The Browns win at least 8 this season. That's my bold pick of the year.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 12:20 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That's how I feel about the Rams this season. Granted, we will probably win more games than last year and I would be shocked if we didn't. I figure we win 5 or 6, maybe 7 if the ball bounces the right way. But the key for me is I want to see my team become competitive. We lost 10 games last year by 10 or more points. Most teams lose a couple big every year. I would like to see us actually be in games in the 4th quarter when they matter. Learning how to win isn't easy, especially when you are so used to losing all the time.

I also think you can get too talented too fast. A lot of people have criticized the Rams for the holes they didn't fill this offseason. I think they dramatically increased the talent level without putting too much on the coaching staff. They threw a lot at the defense and three weapons at the offense. I'm not sure you really want many more rookies on your team.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:59 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Jacksonville Jaguars
2. Cleveland Browns
3. Miami Dolphins
4. Minnesota Vikings
5. Oakland Raiders

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:04 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dolphins won't be top 5 unless they have a major injury.
Old 05-24-2012, 09:09 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by descendency View Post
Once again, fanbases say this every year. It just isn't true. Someone has to pick Top 5, and the Fins ARE a prime candidate in rebuilding mode.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:20 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
When it comes to the Dolphins, they have major question marks starting with the new coaching staff. Joe Philbin is a great human being and getting the opportunity to be a head coach is wonderful for him personally after facing some hard times in his life recently, but I am not sure of how impactful he'll be as a head coach/play caller. He had insight in Green Bay as the offensive coordinator, but McCarthy is the mind behind the offense and the personnel to work with doesn't even compare. Looking at the offensive personnel in Miami there's unproven/unknown options at the quarterback position with little to work with in terms of skilled players. On the defensive side of the ball there's talent but maybe one or two actual difference makers.

Miami is in an extremely competitive division with three other teams, who are all clearly more talented. They are lucky enough to face the NFC West and the AFC South in their schedule, and I can say they're better than Jacksonville but I wouldn't bet on them against the West at all and once they face Indy in mid-season they very well may run into some issues against them on the road.

Old 05-24-2012, 09:31 AM    (permalink
wadsworth
Rookie

wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wadsworth is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The record of teams that picked in the top 5 in the 2012 draft the previous season:

Colts: 10-6
Rams: 7-9
Vikings: 6-10
Browns: 5-11
Bucs: 10-6

A combined record of 38-42 for the 2010 season. Just something to keep in mind when you are picking the teams with the worst records from last year.

Last edited by wadsworth : 05-24-2012 at 10:41 AM.
wadsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:53 AM    (permalink
descendency
All-Pro

descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.descendency is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Once again, fanbases say this every year. It just isn't true. Someone has to pick Top 5, and the Fins ARE a prime candidate in rebuilding mode.
They may be rebuilding but they were also playing really well at the end of the season last year. Miami has plenty of talent on their roster. I think people are under-estimating how good Miami is.

Miami and Arizona are similar situations, outside of their respective divisions. However, their are 10 games you don't play in division and winning a few of those will get you out of the top 5.

Plus, the teams that draft top 5 usually are drafting their because of injuries. Very few teams have good depth and coaching. Just throwing this one out there, but a few injuries could push a team like the Jets into the top 5. Their depth is horrible.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:27 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

Quote:

Miami and Arizona are similar situations, outside of their respective divisions. However, their are 10 games you don't play in division and winning a few of those will get you out of the top 5.
I disagree here. Miami is more of a re-building situation (they drafted their "franchise" quarterback, brought in a new coaching staff) and Arizona has a roster with some exceptionally talented players at their respective positions along with a coaching staff that has success and realistically can expect to compete for a playoff spot. The biggest problem and question mark for Arizona will clearly be whether Kolb can get the job done, but in terms of where the franchises are, Arizona is well ahead of Miami in terms of having impactful talent on the roster and what the expectations are (what a successful season will be defined as) for this upcoming season

Old 05-24-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In no particular order:
Jacksonville
Vikings
Cardinals
Browns
Dolphins

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sportsbook posted their projected win totals today. Their bottom teams are:

1. Cleveland (5.5)
2. Jacksonville (5.5)
3. Indianapolis (5.5)
4. Tampa Bay (6.0)
5. St. Louis (6.0)
6. Minnesota (6.0)
Old 05-26-2012, 10:46 PM    (permalink
cajuncorey
Rookie

cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cajuncorey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With all due respect sir, it is very indicative. No need to state obvious statements that do not carry signifanicant statistical evidence. With regard comparing your statement to statistics. it is very similiar, Statistics, is basically the overquanification and inspection of numbers, which at many times leaves one with an ambiguous conclusion. Jake Locker/Andrew Luck returning to school allowed for such to happen.
cajuncorey is offline   Reply With Quote