Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Who is the better QB all time?
Dan Marino 77 45.03%
Brett Favre 94 54.97%
Voters: 171. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-10-2007, 07:38 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CutlerChris View Post
Haven't you heard? They're a shoo-in for the Super Bowl.
Thank you for your support of the Green Bay Packers.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remind me to come back to this. Im too tired to write up something right now.

Tough tough question. One of the better comparison questions.
Old 04-11-2007, 12:38 PM    (permalink
FahvRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoopsDemon12 View Post
for me its no question...marino, the guy owns records(or atleast had most of them dam peyton) i really dont think farvre deserves that touchdown record... marino has the most passing td's but i mean he is nowhere near the top of the career interceptions list...isnt farve near the top of both....better quarterback = marino better football player.... is an extremly close one...with the edge to farve
Marino has 252 INTs to Favre's 273. Marino isn't that far off
Old 04-11-2007, 02:15 PM    (permalink
niu007

I voted Marino. Although he's a QB there are still 10 other guys on the field that have to produce. Marino never had a running game. Elway didn't win a ring either until Denver got a running game. Barry Sanders never won a superbowl either but he's much better than most (maybe all) other running backs that have.

Although there's not a lot of difference between the 2, it seems like many times when GB is behind, Favre starts pressing and trying to do too much. He throws an interception, and now they're down by more. So he now has to do even more, so he ends up throwing another interception.

By the way, I'm a Bears fan. But I like Favre as a QB, and he's way better than anybody the Bears have had since....well, since.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:06 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO, Favre
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll go with Marino, but it is pretty damn close.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Jensen
SWDC Mafia
All-Pro

Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jensen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take Favre, the championship gives the edge to Favre for me.

BoneKrusher
Jensen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 05:52 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saying Favre is better because he has a ring is a horrible argument.
Teams win championships.

Alright I wante to add...Super bowl rings are too overrated when it comes to the hall and judging how worthy someone is of entering or just how good that QB actually was. Take Troy Aikman... decent QB on a stacked team (no salary cap)... three superbowls and hall of famer... Take Drew Bledsoe statistically better Qb and just better player IMO... zero "earned" rings... slim chance at the hall. Fair? No.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 07:11 AM    (permalink
Finsfan79
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Finsfan79 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

marino

best pure passer the game has ever seen
Finsfan79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Thunder&Lightning
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thunder&Lightning is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre is a better leader and team member that also wona superbowl its not all about indy stats...

Thunder&Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 11:11 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will take Favre's mistakes, because you get those throws that only one other QB in NFL history could make.(Elway)

Marino was the best pure PASSER the NFL has ever seen(Moon is right up there.) However, both Favre and Elway were better QUARTERBACKS. You guys are using the Dolphins lack of a rushing game against Favre, but Dorsey Levens, Edgar Bennet? Neither of them really struck fear into the hearts of defenses. He had Ahman Green later in his career, and for a couple years he was one of the best RBs in the league. But other than that, it was because they were more worried about containing Favre than stopping the run.

Favre is going to break the major passing records, has more wins, has a super bowl win, and could move in the pocket. All those lead me to vote for Favre. Although, it is VERY, VERY close.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:16 AM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How could I forget to mention, 3 straight MVPs. No one else in NFL history has done that.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:35 AM    (permalink
johbur
Pro Bowler

johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.johbur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dan Marino was amazing. I watched more of Favre and his durability is nothing short of stunning. It would be an interesting dilemma for a club: take Favre or Marino? I think Dan's the better passer, but Favre would allow you to not have to draft a QB for 17 years or so, using all those QB picks on the rest of your team.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:37 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johbur View Post
Dan Marino was amazing. I watched more of Favre and his durability is nothing short of stunning. It would be an interesting dilemma for a club: take Favre or Marino? I think Dan's the better passer, but Favre would allow you to not have to draft a QB for 17 years or so, using all those QB picks on the rest of your team.
marino played a long time too

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 02:19 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Favre won a SB cant beat that.Both are HoF QBs but Favre is just a little bit better.
So this means that Bradshaw is better than both of them???
jsagan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Non_Sequitur hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
So this means that Bradshaw is better than both of them???

Stop arguing the logical fallacy. Look at it this way, two cars are very similar. Same safety rating, look a lot alike. etc. All the measurables are near equal. However one of the cars gets better gas mileage while the other is a guzzler. You take the one that gets the good mileage. But that doesn't mean you buy a Geo Metro just because it's better than both on mileage.

A lot more than "he has a ring" goes into that argument. No, Bradshaw isn't better than either of them because he has more rings. He was never comparable in the first place.

If you honestly believe you made a rational argument, I suggest you start studying in English Lit. as soon as you return from that Spring Break you are spending making benign statements on here.
Non_Sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 06:30 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77 jsagan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
Stop arguing the logical fallacy. Look at it this way, two cars are very similar. Same safety rating, look a lot alike. etc. All the measurables are near equal. However one of the cars gets better gas mileage while the other is a guzzler. You take the one that gets the good mileage. But that doesn't mean you buy a Geo Metro just because it's better than both on mileage.

A lot more than "he has a ring" goes into that argument. No, Bradshaw isn't better than either of them because he has more rings. He was never comparable in the first place.

If you honestly believe you made a rational argument, I suggest you start studying in English Lit. as soon as you return from that Spring Break you are spending making benign statements on here.
WTF are you talking about..? First off, My Spring Breaks are spent defending our country in 140 degree weather in the middle east, so stop acting like your superior to people.... Second thing, you're trying to make me feel stupid for putting your own philosophy to the test... Next time you put an idiotic post like that on a message board, prepare to get flamed...
Old 04-14-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsagan77 View Post
WTF are you talking about..? First off, My Spring Breaks are spent defending our country in 140 degree weather in the middle east, so stop acting like your superior to people.... Second thing, you're trying to make me feel stupid for putting your own philosophy to the test... Next time you put an idiotic post like that on a message board, prepare to get flamed...

Quote:
Centurion tries to gain tactical advantage in battle by asserting that he is, or was at one time, in the military. He affects the brusque demeanor and clipped style of a drill sergeant, and intimidates opponents by sprinkling his messages with military verbiage and obscure acronyms. He reinforces weak arguments by constantly reminding other Warriors that he has “done his duty”, or “served his country”. Sometimes Centurion may even post pictures of military hardware or images of himself in fatigues brandishing a weapon. Centurion may actually have a military background, or he may just be a nut case - no one really knows.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:54 AM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

You're an idiot...
Old 04-15-2007, 07:22 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something i can't stand in these who's the best QB conversations, is that people tend to go with the older QB. Well its not just Qbs, it's all players actually. Just because, someone played in say the 70's or 80's or even earlier there is always a bias to say that player is better than todays. Honestly, it makes no sense at all, take some of the players of the past... say Unitas and Graham... there is absolutly nothing that makes these guys better than the Favres, or the Marinos, or the Montana's of the world. Or take a player like Mike Singeltary... fantastic yes but, you compare him to one of todays finest like Junior Seau or Zach Thomas... people will always go with Singeltary. This is something I cant stand... obviously all these players all have huge names and that plays a huge role because, people tend to go with the name rather than the actual ability. It's so annoying. Alright one more... take Peyton Manning on pace to be statsistically the greatest QB of all-time, in a much faster/harder game than what was played in the past. Compare him to Joe Montana and guess which one people are going to take despite the fact that if you watch both these guys on tape... Peyton is the more dazzling of the two. It really is an unfair bias.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 07:50 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Favre has a comfortable lead in the poll

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2007, 01:11 PM    (permalink
FahvRay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Non_Sequitur View Post
haha, I love it!
Old 04-15-2007, 01:33 PM    (permalink
jsagan77
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FahvRay View Post
haha, I love it!
Keep doing nothing with your life buddy...
Old 04-15-2007, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brett Favre.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Non_Sequitur
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
Favre has a comfortable lead in the poll
9% isn't a landslide, but it is a definite big win in any political race.