Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

View Poll Results: Is Channing Frye the most influential NBA PLAYER EVER?
Yes 623421 100.00%
No 0 0%
Voters: 623421. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-24-2012, 09:37 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by princefielder28 View Post
I don't think a ring would do anything for him in wanting to stay in LA. Kobe's career is towards the end, there is no other star on the team after him, and he wants to be in NYC above all else. Obviously he'd love to have a ring but the long term potential of getting one, or in your hypothetical getting another, would be limited by staying in LA.
eh... I don't want to be boastful but we are quite possibly the best franchise in the league with the best owner in NBA. We traded the most dominant center in the history of basketball for essentially a bunch of role players and in 3 years were back in the finals.

I think we'd be committed to building a championship team around Dwight. would take some time to get the necessary pieces though.
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
Icon

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post
eh... I don't want to be boastful but we are quite possibly the best franchise in the league with the best owner in NBA. We traded the most dominant center in the history of basketball for essentially a bunch of role players and in 3 years were back in the finals.

I think we'd be committed to building a championship team around Dwight. would take some time to get the necessary pieces though.
I don't care much for Howard. Yea he's good but his attitude might be worse than Bynum's.

The reason you mentioned is why I'm not worried about not getting Dwight Howard because I'm sure Dr. Buss will get someone to be the face of LAL. He knows the market here and knows having an underachieving, no star having LAL team is not acceptable.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soybean View Post

From an outsiders perspective, that "best owner in the NBA" gave the team to his son who appears to be a numbskull knuckhead.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 09:54 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is it just me or has Dwayne Wade been playing pretty well this game?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is Steve Nash gonna join the Heat next year or what?
Old 05-24-2012, 09:58 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mike Miller is disturbingly ugly
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think he stays in Phoenix or he signs with Dallas if they cant get Deron Williams.
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It's absolutely game over if he does barring him somehow just losing it. Nash is so damn good.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why are you the way that you are?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who does Houston have that the Lakers want?
Silly idea- 3 way deal with the Rockets, Lakers and Bulls
Rockets get:
Omer Asik (S&T), Carlos Boozer
Lakers get:
Luis Scola, Kyle Korver, (picks)
Bulls get:
Pau Gasol, Marcus Morris
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:05 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwayMonster31 View Post
Who does Houston have that the Lakers want?
Silly idea- 3 way deal with the Rockets, Lakers and Bulls
Rockets get:
Omer Asik (S&T), Carlos Boozer
Lakers get:
Luis Scola, Kyle Korver, (picks)
Bulls get:
Pau Gasol, Marcus Morris
the Lakers get hosed and Morey is way too smart to take Boozer's abomination of a contract like that. I think LA would have to get Lowry and I know that Houston is very interested in Gasol
Old 05-24-2012, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lowry and Scola for Gasol.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:08 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
Lowry and Scola for Gasol.
If I'm LAL I would take that in a second but Houston doesn't seem to be willing to let go of Lowry.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
If I'm LAL I would take that in a second but Houston doesn't seem to be willing to let go of Lowry.
He is great, but if you want Pau you need to come with something. I wouldn't do it either, but it's fair.

Maybe LA chucks in one or two first rounders......that player composition makes a lot of sense though.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
Yeah disturbing is the perfect word.

The All-Disturbingly Ugly Team

PG Tony Parker

SG Mike Miller

SF Tayshaun Prince

PF Charlie Villanueva

C Joakim Noah

6th man Chris Kaman

Old 05-24-2012, 10:26 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

this officiating is god awful. not that Indiana would win this game anyway...
Old 05-24-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
TheBoyWonder22
Shave
Pro Bowler

TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBoyWonder22 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lowery and Sessions would be a sweet duo. Get a good bench forward with Blake's contract and that would be a dope team.

Compliments of TACKLE

Gamertag/PSN: theboywonder44
TheBoyWonder22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony Parker isn't ugly.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-24-2012, 10:33 PM    (permalink
sbh15
All-Pro

Danny Granger should have been benched about 15 minutes ago
Old 05-24-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Lowry's defense would be the biggest upgrade for LA.
Old 05-24-2012, 10:47 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Kaman has definitely had better days.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:05 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Indiana is such a nice looking young team with such a bright future, I see so many ways to make them a contender next year. The most blatant would be signing Eric Gordon. Granted he returns to form I think that would make them a contender for the title. George Hill/Gordon/Granger/West/Hibbert with Collison, George, and Hansborough off the bench would be great. If they can't land Gordon I would split my money between two guys Jamal Crawford and Carl Landry. Crawford because they need a guy who can break down a defense and create his own shot and Landry would be the perfect bench backup big. Granger probably stays but trade for their respective teams that has always made sense to me is Granger for Iguodala. Philly needs more of a scorer with guys similar to Iggy in Turner and Thaddeus, and if the Pacers had Iguodala beside Gordon they would be tough to beat. In the draft they should definitely target a shooter like Doron Lamb or Jenkins. I'd be excited about the future if I were an Indiana fan.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Jamal Crawful is never a good suggestion Ghetto, ever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-24-2012, 11:12 PM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They can take JR smith if they want a former Knick who likes to shoot the basketball a lot.