Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 05-25-2012, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
LOL.

That's just ridiculous blocking by Wisconsin and they blast running lanes like that for Ball at least 3 times a game.

It may not be fair to Ball, but if he doesn't score on opportunities like this almost every single time, it hurts in his evaluation.

Not saying Ball doesn't have the ability to be a starting RB in the NFL, but I still believe he's nowhere as good as his stats would suggest.

Otherwise he would have declared in 2012.
The sad thing about that play is that it was only a gain of around 10 yards. The safety you see in the picture ended up making the tackle.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:22 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CashmoneyDrew View Post
You'll see how overrated he is August 31.
Can't wait to see him. Will I see Cincinnati Tyler Bray or Kentucky Tyler Bray? Against our secondary, I'll go with Kentucky Tyler Bray is more likely.

Will you see Clemson Mike Glennon or FSU Mike Glennon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgan Freeman
Titty sprinkles
ncst8fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
LOL.

That's just ridiculous blocking by Wisconsin and they blast running lanes like that for Ball at least 3 times a game.

It may not be fair to Ball, but if he doesn't score on opportunities like this almost every single time, it hurts in his evaluation.

Not saying Ball doesn't have the ability to be a starting RB in the NFL, but I still believe he's nowhere as good as his stats would suggest.

Otherwise he would have declared in 2012.
I agree. I think he made a horrible decision in staying in school. What could he possibly do to improve his stock after having a year with 2200+ yards from scrimmage and 39 total TD's?
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncst8fan83 View Post
Can't wait to see him. Will I see Cincinnati Tyler Bray or Kentucky Tyler Bray? Against our secondary, I'll go with Kentucky Tyler Bray is more likely.

Will you see Clemson Mike Glennon or FSU Mike Glennon?
Tyler Bray was playing the Kentucky game with the flu and a broken thumb. Prepare to be extremely disappointed if you think you're seeing that.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:16 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ncst8fan83 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Tyler Bray was playing the Kentucky game with the flu and a broken thumb. Prepare to be extremely disappointed if you think you're seeing that.
So what is his best game to date? He played really well in the Cincy game. Buffalo? Montana? Ugh. Umm, 2010 - Memphis? Ole Miss?

By no means am I saying he's awful or has no chance to be a 1st round pick. Just saying he has not shown, in any way, shape, or form, the ability to perform like a top 10 or even 1st round pick. He's only a RS-JR, so he has plenty of time. But if you look at his performance on the field, there's nothing aside from Rocky Top bias that would lead you to believe he should be a top 10 selection next year.

Quote:
Titty sprinkles
Old 05-25-2012, 05:49 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But if you look at his performance on the field, there's nothing aside from Rocky Top bias that would lead you to believe he should be a top 10 selection next year.

Unless you care about talent, tools, potential, and silly stuff like that.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Stats are the ultimate measure of how good a player is, it's why Colt Brennan is tearing it up in the NFL.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:23 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Not very good at that whole reading comprehension thing, eh? What part of " if you look at his performance on the field" did you not understand? If talent, tools, and potential are there and he can't perform on the field, that's ripe for epic bust potential. If you want to jerk off to Bray's potential, go for it. The fact remains that his completion percentage is atrocious and he pads what little stats he has had against weak competition.

What has he done to warrant top 10 consideration in your estimation?

Quote:
Titty sprinkles
Old 05-25-2012, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not very good at that whole reading comprehension thing, eh? What part of " if you look at his performance on the field" did you not understand? If talent, tools, and potential are there and he can't perform on the field, that's ripe for epic bust potential. If you want to jerk off to Bray's potential, go for it. The fact remains that his completion percentage is atrocious and he pads what little stats he has had against weak competition.

Be honest, have you actually seen Tyler Bray play? Because it sounds like you're basing all of this off of box scores.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 06:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Be honest, have you actually seen Tyler Bray play? Because it sounds like you're basing all of this off of box scores.
The answer is no. He said Bray was a RS-JR which is incorrect as well. He knows nothing.

He's trying to downgrade Tyler Bray while also throwing Mike Glennon out there as underrated.

Tyler Bray this past season had a better YPA, TD/INT ratio, and QB rating as a true sophomore compared to the redshirt junior that is Mike Glennon.

Also, how is Tyler Bray injury prone? He broke his thumb on top of an opposing player's helmet in the follow-through of a pass. That can literally happen to any QB on any passing play.
Old 05-25-2012, 06:47 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The answer is no. He said Bray was a RS-JR which is incorrect as well. He knows nothing.

He's trying to downgrade Tyler Bray while also throwing Mike Glennon out there as underrated.

Tyler Bray this past season had a better YPA, TD/INT ratio, and QB rating as a true sophomore compared to the redshirt junior that is Mike Glennon.

Also, how is Tyler Bray injury prone? He broke his thumb on top of an opposing player's helmet in the follow-through of a pass. That can literally happen to any QB on any passing play.
I don't believe I said he was injury prone, did I? If I did, it was a mistype. I didn't realize he didn't take a rs year, my bad. That obviously means he's not overrated. I also didn't realize the gigantic boner quite a few guys have over him on this forum. Didn't mean to rile you guys up.

Tyler Bray is gonna be fan-*******-tastic! Can't wait to see him tearin' up the NFL like he's tearin' up the SEC! Boy, I sure hope he takes it easy on us come August 31st or we're in super duper trouble. (that better?)

Quote:
Titty sprinkles
Old 05-25-2012, 06:57 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, you're right dude. His ability hasn't translated to the field at all. He sucks.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:34 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
I don't believe I said he was injury prone, did I? If I did, it was a mistype.
You said "injury concerns". Same thing basically.

Quote:
I didn't realize he didn't take a rs year, my bad. That obviously means he's not overrated.
No. It's just further proof that you don't really know what you're talking about.

Quote:
I also didn't realize the gigantic boner quite a few guys have over him on this forum. Didn't mean to rile you guys up.
I'm so fully torqued.

Quote:
Tyler Bray is gonna be fan-*******-tastic! Can't wait to see him tearin' up the NFL like he's tearin' up the SEC! Boy, I sure hope he takes it easy on us come August 31st or we're in super duper trouble. (that better?)
If you can't handle someone challenging your opinion, then don't post it on a message board. You know, that place where people discuss and debate things.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:37 PM    (permalink
ncst8fan83
Pro Bowler

My opinion didn't change. I'm quite alright with anyone who feels he is valued correctly or undervalued even. I don't believe that to be the case. I hope he torches every team after August 31st, but based on past production being an indicator of future performance, I do not believe he warrants a top half of the first round grade at this point. Fair enough?

Quote:
Titty sprinkles
Old 05-25-2012, 08:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

I never said you need to change your opinion. I said challenging your opinion.
Old 05-25-2012, 10:11 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Kentucky Tyler Bray was playing with a busted thumb on his throwing hand, so uhhhh...

And I don't side with any secondary against this WR corps.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2012, 06:26 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't wait to see NC State vs. Tennessee Aug. 31st. Physically Bray and Glennon are very similar prospects. Both are extremely tall with cannon arms.
Should be one of the best early games of the season, love it that both guys have legit top 10 pick ability.

I'm a huge Glennon fan and think he's slightly underrated on this board. With the depth and skill in the 2013 QB draft class, guys really need to shine when they have the chance to distance themselves from the other prospects.
Old 05-29-2012, 02:24 AM    (permalink
SenorGato
Pro Bowler

SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SenorGato is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Overrated:

Mingo - Needs weight, but a great mover. Needs weight.

Rambo - Hit or miss safety getting first round talk because of his 8 INT season. He's not that good.

Ray Ray Armstrong - Everyone's talking about this upcoming safety class, but Reid, McDonald, and maybe Lester are the only two (so far) that I'd draft in the first two rounds.

That Hunter WR fom Tenn - Woods and Allen I like.

Barrett Jones - Decent prospect, but eh.

Bjoern Werner - Overrated as a pass rusher, but could be a Matt Roth type player.

Margus Hunt - Is that his name? Yeah, he's overrated if I'm going by his thread here.

Manti Te'o - Only because he and almost all LBs like him should go at the top of the second unless the draft really sucks.

Underrated:

Montgomery - Better pro body, explosive in his own right, productive, more experienced (more snaps, actually started), right now the only pass rusher I like as much or more than the Texas two.

Jonathan Cooper - G from UNC has big, big upside.

Last edited by SenorGato : 05-29-2012 at 02:47 AM.
SenorGato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 03:47 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorGato View Post
That Hunter WR fom Tenn - Woods and Allen I like.
Very convincing.